You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

I'm thinking now my boost yesterday was against the norm.

I'm doing seriously shit here. Just had a 0-9, even when I played COD for the first time I never had a game that bad. 

The dogs will get very annoying very quickly I think as well. I never get a kill from one but I seem to be mauled by them relentlessly at every opportunity. 

Spawning is shit as well. You need to at least have the chance to have a bit of respite from it but you keep spawning right in front of the enemy who just killed you and can't get away.

The lack of any kind of UAV is a bit shit, I never have a clue where anyone is, as far as I can tell the Sat com doesn't work, I've never seen a radar blip yet when I have one out and theres some odd shit with aiming/hit detection as I'm shooting people in the head and chest with sniper rifles and not even getting a hit marker.

At the moment I'm mainly in the not impressed camp and think BO2 was a better game.

Have to agree with the last few comments.  After initially being impressed with the graphics, hit detection and squads.  I have not been enjoying it recently, I didn't really like black ops 2, but it might be better than this game.

I might go back to MW2, which I still think is the best game of the lot.

I am going to give it more time, to see if the patches make a different (they surely have to do one for the respawning?!), but I am not enjoying it as much as I hoped.

TK, good luck on the dinosaur jr. plan.

Hehe, phase 1 is underway. Paid for and on its way from Germany.  Should get it middle of next week and then straight on the eBay for a seven day auction.  I'm gonna list some other things this weekend too they should also pull in some dosh.  Once I have enough bids I'll buy it.  

Utter shite. Course every single map you go on theres a couple of pros getting 40 plus kills already. Can't find anyone to kill for ages then get shot in the back or spawn killed five times in a row. Think i 'll just do the campaign and bin it off. 

It's incredibly frustrating online and am stating to think the same as you.

The slowness of ranking up is also grating me and the lack of rewards for doing so is wank.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not a fan of COD multiplayer. Not tried Ghosts, but I'm just waiting for BF4 pc version to have a few more fixes and I'll get that.

I've had another brief play this morning and I've come to the conclusion this game is shit.

Even with people who are stationary I'm direct into their chest or head with a sniper rifle and don't get a hit. Hit detection is absolutely dreadful, that coupled with the spawns is making it nigh on unplayable at times.

You have to wonder how they never get these issues in testing. I'm sorely tempted at the moment to just chuck the thing on ebay. 

I've had another brief play this morning and I've come to the conclusion this game is shit.

Even with people who are stationary I'm direct into their chest or head with a sniper rifle and don't get a hit. Hit detection is absolutely dreadful, that coupled with the spawns is making it nigh on unplayable at times.

You have to wonder how they never get these issues in testing. I'm sorely tempted at the moment to just chuck the thing on ebay. 

These games seem to be getting worse don't they.

They have gone downhill since MW2, which I still think is the best game.

These games seem to be getting worse don't they.

Sadly yes. 

I only played from MW2 onwards and it seems like it steadily gets worse.

Interestingly the metacritic rating for this so far is 1.6 out of 10.

I've probably said it on here before and I've certainly said it to the likes of TK and Al previously, but I would prefer they just settled on an engine, means of picking your loadout, perk setup and kill/point streak setup and then kept every map in the game and just did map packs to stop the maps getting stale.

It's a shame as the maps look a really good starting point but the hit detection, spawning and lag issues are making them nigh on unplayable. 

The loadouts seem ridiculously complicated to set up as well. I'm still not entirely certain how to get a setup, pick 10 wasn't perfect but seemed the best they've had so far in terms of getting trying to balance the setups.

I normally play COD at nights on a weekend. It's double xp on this and I'm thinking I'd rather play BO2. 

• Upvote 1

Sadly yes. 

I've probably said it on here before and I've certainly said it to the likes of TK and Al previously, but I would prefer they just settled on an engine, means of picking your loadout, perk setup and kill/point streak setup and then kept every map in the game and just did map packs to stop the maps getting stale.

I would love it if they just brought out new maps for MW2.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That bad, mate?

I was gonna pick it up this weekend, but after the reviews I've read on here I changed my mind.

It's getting a right panning everywhere from what I've seen.

Had a little blast an hour or so ago. Tried to continue with a run and gun style and got taken to pieces. Purchased the I.E.D. & Motion Sensor, then went back to a camping style and had much more success.

The spawn mechanics seriously need adjusting. I spawned between 2 enemies who were looking at each other, so I popped up right in the middle of their sights.

My primary loadout is now:

Honey Badger with RDS and Grip

I.E.D.

Motion Sensor

Wiretap

Off the Grid

Slight of Hand

Takedown

I've hatched a cunning plan.  I bought a copy of The Wagon by Dinosaur Jr on purple vinyl for £25.  If I can sell it for its market value (£65) then I will spend the profit on Ghosts.  It will take a couple of weeks for my plan to come to fruition. 

If your plan doesn't work, I'll swap you a copy of Call of Duty 2 on PC for the vinyl. 

That bad, mate?

I was gonna pick it up this weekend, but after the reviews I've read on here I changed my mind.

I'm going to give it a whirl again tonight for a bit and see how it goes. I started playing it last night had one match and gave up.

They've fucked up big style on this one. Remains to be seen whether patches can fix it or not. Seems very badly broken to me though.

Patch released for PC and PS3 today. There's no official patch notes available at the moment, but having read some bits on CharlieIntel.com, it seems that some stuff for Operations has been updated, as well as a new mute screen option, according to folk on Twitter.

We’re getting multiple reports that a new patch, version 1.03, has been released for Ghosts for PlayStation 3 users. The patch size is around 165MB, and we do not have the official patch notes released at this time. The patch is currently available in the US, and hasn’t been released elsewhere yet. We’ll update when we hear more on that.

But from what we’re hearing, (update) that the Operations page is now showing total kills required, instead of showing certain level requirements, and in private match, you can add 6 rounds in SnD, and make the timer 1.5 minutes per round. This feature was requested by many of the eSports players. The  ”devgru intimidator” operation has also been increased from from 150 to 300.

Overall, it appears this new patch brought lots of fixes for the Operations.

Twitter user @CrownThePedro and @GBP480 has spotted another change: a new mute screen, which now allows you to select specific players to mute, or mute all.

BYolEgzIIAAo6wB.jpg

UPDATE: A new patch for Ghosts on PC, around 199MB, was also released yesterday. Twitter user @_Primey0 reports that the PC patch brought the same features/improvements as the PS3 patch. He also reports that IW has fixed the issue where players weren’t able to change the person they were spectating in S&R. The Operations things have also been changed – you need to spend squad points to unlock certain ones, and thus it shows exactly what you need to unlock certain items.