You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

Guest davelfc
You dont keep a manager because your worried what the outside world will think if you fire him, thats just stupid.

You keep a manager because you still believe in his vision or you think he has been hard done to with injuries or luck.

The notion that you watch an institution slide into mediocrity because your worried what people think is fucking ridiculous.

I think I'd rather us be a laughing stock because we sacked another manager than be a laughing stock for getting humped on the pitch each week.

But the problem is the owners, who they've appointed to run the club and their lack of anything or anyone that remotely knows anything about football apart from Sky keep sending big cheques and random companies want to throw cash at us for this or that sponsorship.

If I thought for one second that they could install a decent structure at the club that could select an experienced, quality manager to deal with the problems we had, then I'd say sack him.

But as others have said again and again, they'd wander off to Miami and select the next young manager that had achieved the square root of fuck all just so Ayre doesn't feel intimidated.

It's a right mess, so let's hope we win tomorrow and beat Zenit 3-0 and see if the mess goes away. That's what I would really prefer.

But its not just Rodgers who is the cause for concern is it, his sidekick does not really have much to offer either when it comes to knowing a thing or two about the pressure at a top club and how to win things.

Rodgers achievments:

Player:

Manager:

Pascoe achievements:

Player:

Manager:

How much of a difference could it have made to Rodgers time here if he had lets say Phil Thompson as his number two instead of Colin Pascoe?

Hey look, it's the big swinging dick in his onesie and cape.

Cocks out, everyone. Coro wants to measure 'em against his.

Because I'm an actual Liverpool supporter rather than a self professed casual observer doesn't make me or anyone else a superfan.

Keep up, you silly boy.

A casual observer telling matchgoing supporters who to support is just a thing of utter stupidity.

Only on the internet.

So you cant give me these 3 non existing reasons then' date=' thought as much.

The only reasons would be based on fiction and hope so dont bother either as I'm on my way out soon.[/quote']

Frode, no-one believes in Rodgers. He hasn't done anything to deserve it yet. But because I'm not jumping up and down calling him names all the time doesn't mean I'm in a cult. I don't believe the cult exists. I am prepared to wait until the end of the season before I take a view on him though. I don't think it's helpful to brand us all as cultists.

But does that also go for Suarez being more clinical? That is the weakness in comparison, from both perspectives. I'd be a liar if I argued for the improvement in form of Downing and Henderson as I don't think they have improved that much from last season, less pressure on Downing and Henderson is playing where he is best suited.

I agree about Reina, he has been nothing special for two or three seasons now.

Agreed.

While Suarez was exceptional last season he has been far more clinical this season. And Yes it's only fair to say that Rodgers has benefitted him. My argument would be that it's benefited him to the detriment of virtually every other aspect of the team.

The defence looks shaky (at best) the midfield must now be one of the easiest to play against in the country and Suarez aside our striking options until January have been empty. None of his signings have addressed any of these shortcomings except Sturridge, with Borini & Allen actually exacerbating the situation.

I've made no secret of my dislike for Rodgers, I find him arrogant, obnoxious and delusional, and I'll be honest he could turn out to be the next incarnation of Shankly and I'd still not like him.

But he still shouldn't be sacked.

I don't believe he's taking us anywhere but downwards, but I have a stronger belief that Ayre & FSG would actually appoint someone worse.

And that to me is terrifying.

Because I'm an actual Liverpool supporter rather than a self professed casual observer doesn't make me or anyone else a superfan.

Keep up, you silly boy.

A casual observer telling matchgoing supporters who to support is just a thing of utter stupidity.

Only on the internet.

Coro, the Caped Crusader, coming to a urinal near you soon, to peer at your girths and lengths.

As opposed to bringing in a manager who's won the sum total of fuck all?

I would back Benitez, Van Gaal or Capello to win silverware ahead of Brendan Rodgers, wouldn't you?

It all comes to down to a lack of experience for me and as a consequence he lacks a bit of credibility. The impression I get is of an inexperienced manager who has a very definite idea or 'philosophy' of how he wants a side to be setup and play. I don't think he yet has the operational skills or understanding to implement this from scratch at a big club.

Putting my Graham Taylor hat we just don't appear to be doing the 'basics' that are common to all styles of football whether you're Stoke or Barcelona.

Any reason why uniquely in global football we have given up pressing or closing down the opposition when we don't have the ball? If you watch Barcelona who are after all Rodgers blueprint they literally hound the opposition in packs to win the ball back.

There appears to be very little positional discipline particularly with our defensive setup. Time and again we'll fail to pick up the opposition from corners or set pieces. We'll forget to leave any midfield defensive cover in place usually resulting in an opposition attacking player through one on one against our central defensive pairing. Our central defenders will often be far too far apart to provide effective cover.

Watching us at the moment is I would say probably the most nervous I've been over the last fifteen years, even if we're two up it seems inevitable we're going to concede at least one.

I don't believe he's taking us anywhere but downwards, but I have a stronger belief that Ayre & FSG would actually appoint someone worse.

And that to me is terrifying.

I dunno. If things get any worse then they will look to protect the brand. Rumours of Ancelotti coming here or Pellegrini possibly leaving Malaga will only add to the calls for change.

Frode, no-one believes in Rodgers. He hasn't done anything to deserve it yet. But because I'm not jumping up and down calling him names all the time doesn't mean I'm in a cult. I don't believe the cult exists. I am prepared to wait until the end of the season before I take a view on him though. I don't think it's helpful to brand us all as cultists.

Peter I can see how the post was badly worded as the intention was that to dress up like that you would have to be in some kind of cult taking every word for gospel without understanding how ridiculous it actually is.

I have no problem with those backing Rodgers, but I do have a problem with those having a problem with me because I'm one step away from getting to ground on the Rodgers out side of the fence.

If we qualify for Europe I will not throw a hissy fit if he continues next season though, but based on results so far I think its fair to say he looks totally out of his depth and thats why I cant understand why people are not more critical just because he talks a good game.

Didn't exactly turn our fortunes around more halted our slide. Spent a ton of money on what? His transfer dealings are not defendable, no matter how people want to say they are.

Taking us from 12th to 6th is called turning things around. That we failed to build on that progress was not solely down to Dalglish.

There is little point trying to debate with you whilst you continue to ignore what others are saying.

On your way now.

Peter I can see how the post was badly worded as the intention was that to dress up like that you would have to be in some kind of cult taking every word for gospel without understanding how ridiculous it actually is.

I have no problem with those backing Rodgers, but I do have a problem with those having a problem with me because I'm one step away from getting to ground on the Rodgers out side of the fence.

If we qualify for Europe I will not throw a hissy fit if he continues next season though, but based on results so far I think its fair to say he looks totally out of his depth and thats why I cant understand why people are not more critical just because he talks a good game.

Of course you'll throw a hissy fit if he's here next season, just as you have been this entire season. Don't talk such shite.

Need men? I thought it was a near perfect away performance. Now it sounds like he's got a different take. Wouldn't be the first time this year he's taking different positions within days of previous utterrances. He starting to sound like he's feeling some pressure, I think he'll survive the summer so long as the club doesen't nosedive. I think come August however the pressure will be intense.