You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I predict BR will afterwards host a post match press conference, during which he will roll out cliche after cliche after cliche, generally pass the buck and then reel out the same tired nonsense that the "group" is on the whole 'fantastic'.

But who knows maybe I'm wrong and he's not really a charlatan.

Negged for being a cunt

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict BR will afterwards host a post match press conference' date=' during which he will roll out cliche after cliche after cliche, generally pass the buck and then reel out the same tired nonsense that the "group" is on the whole 'fantastic'.

But who knows maybe I'm wrong and he's not really a charlatan.[/quote']

You aren't the only one to have this concern

Best of luck and all that lads (but not too much luck!).

Tough game, Liverpool have a lot to gain, City have a lot to lose. 50/50 this one I think.

If anybody's driving to the match, best parking place is directly opposite the away end... right across the road, there's a chippy (Maine Road chippy), there's a school car park directly behind it (access is down the side of the chippy). It's £6.00 (most others are £10.00, secure no problem with fans etc). Obviously, as long as you behave, you'll be fine wearing colours.

It's literally 30 seconds walk to the away end.

COYB!!!!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Best of luck and all that lads (but not too much luck!).

Tough game, Liverpool have a lot to gain, City have a lot to lose. 50/50 this one I think.

Fuck off with your 50/50! Your team have lost 11 points from a possible 114 at home in the last two seasons. Or, to put it another way, have won 103 points from 114 at home. 50/50 it aint!

Fuck off with your 50/50! Your team have lost 11 points from a possible 114 at home in the last two seasons. Or, to put it another way, have won 103 points from 114 at home. 50/50 it aint!

And with respect, neither side has much chance of reaching 1st or 4th respectively, in terms of things to "gain" or "lose".

aye not to confident with this one, we've been absolutely bummed there two seasons running in the league although one was under Hodgson so not sure that counts for anything

No Kompany or Yaya is pretty encouraging though and if that Serbian bloke is out I assume it will be Garcia and Lescott at centre back, Lescott is decent and Garcia played well there against Stoke but it isn't his position and I'd fancy Luis and Sturridge against them too, just a shame that Savic isn't still there, how shit was he in the Carling Cup games last season?

just hope we don't set out like we did at Old Trafford or we're asking to be beat

--------------Pepe---------------

Johnson---Skrtel--Agger----Enrique

-----------Stevie--Lucas---------

Suarez--------Henderson---Borini

---------------Sturridge----------

think the main question marks in that selection would be over Skrtel and Borini, don't think Skrtel has been anywhere near his best this season but is still our second best centre back and I fear if Carra starts playing every week again he'll revert to last seasons form and the other one is Borini, not done the business so far for us when he has been fit but I do think he is a good player and more importantly a goal threat, think Sterling needs an extended run out of the team and can gurantee if Downing plays in this one it'll be a bottle job from him, other option would be Enrique left mid but I think as a whole we are at our best with Enrique left back, Johnson right back

If the lads start against City the same way they started against Arsenal, we should get something out of this. Hopefully the players will have learned from the match in midweek and that they need to be confident when keeping possession and not panic when teams press.

I think West Brom could turn things around starting today. I don't think Spurs' defence is that good and they won't be able to handle Lukaku. So WBA win. Which means we really need to take advantage of clubs above us dropping points.

Damn. Just as I thought they had a chance to win, they get a man sent off and Lukaku subbed.

I just don't see the thinking behind playing Downing in this sort of game, he is nailed on to go hiding, I don't mind him playing home games against mediocre opposition as he does some willing to actually have a go against them these days but I can't remember a single game against tough opposition, especially away where he has done anything

I also fear if Carra becomes a regular starter again he'll slip back into last seasons form again, only playing every now and then has done wonders for the times he has played this season imo

The City team is

Hart, Zabaleta , Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Garcia, Barry, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero

lacking creativity in midfield aside from Silva so thats a bonus but can see them working their knackers off and pressing us which has proved a problem especially for Stevie this season

He has been more effective than Sterling recently, who has looked jaded, and so deserves the shout.

I agree with dropping Sterling for a bit but can you see Downing even attempting anything of note today? we'd have been better off with Borini, Suso or Enrique playing on the wing

We'd have been better off with Borini, Suso or Enrique playing on the wing

I'm not at all convinced we would actually, which says everything about the quality of our squad. Enrique might be a shout if any of them, but I think he had the advantage of surprise in the few games he played there, and it's telling that it's an experiment Rodgers didn't continue with.