You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Well, if you believe they're all capable of playing this football why don't you think it's happening? I'm fairly certain Klopp will have considered it.

I think they're a bunch of lazy cunts who decided they'd made it the day they signed for Liverpool. If the game goes the way they want, they're happy, if it doesn't, they're still happy. None of them are prepared to put in the type of shift on a regular basis to be a top player. I'm guessing by klopp's anger today, he's starting to realise the same.

I think they're a bunch of lazy cunts who decided they'd made it the day they signed for Liverpool. If the game goes the way they want, they're happy, if it doesn't, they're still happy. None of them are prepared to put in the type of shift on a regular basis to be a top player. I'm guessing by klopp's anger today, he's starting to realise the same.

perhaps they just don't respond well to direction.  

I don't see how Klopp can be angry with Firmino or Lallana or Coutinho, they are what they are, there's no pace there to change their game.

Im fairly certain that he's not telling Lallana to do another Cruyff turn once he's beaten his man though.

Im fairly certain that he's not telling Lallana to do another Cruyff turn once he's beaten his man though.

I think it as more to do with Lallana looking up and seeing no-one available that forced his hand there, rather than a wanton desire to repeat his party trick before playing the ball backwards.  

I think it as more to do with Lallana looking up and seeing no-one available that forced his hand there, rather than a wanton desire to repeat his party trick before playing the ball backwards.

Possibly, but he does it far too much, holds onto the ball far too long for 90% of the time.

He has 18 league goals and 20 assists in 3 years. Stats don't tell everything but those numbers don't hold up against the top attacking midfielders in the league. Beyond the stats though he has as many (if not more) average or bad games as good ones. He's capable of brilliance but just doesn't show it enough.

If we were a club with any ambition he'd be a support act for better players but with our absolute void of any top class players he's been hyped beyond what he is. He's probably our best player but he's shown nothing to suggest he'll ever be consistent enough to be the main man for a top team.

• Upvote 1

we only turn up against big teams. 'oh but we beat united' im sure they re worried having won their third league in a row.

the highlight of this season will be beating the champions at the etihad unless we get our shit together for the cups.

I'd rather play texeira, chirivella, Kent, ojo, Sinclair, dhanda, brannagan etc and let's see what we've got to work with. Otherwise what's the point in incubating these lads if there's no chance of them doing anything?

Ryan Kent is in contention to make his Liverpool debut against Exeter City in the FA Cup next week. 

The talented 19-year-old winger is heading back to Merseyside after being recalled from his loan spell with Coventry City by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp . 

Kent received a standing ovation in the dressing room from his Sky Blues team-mates after making his final appearance for the League One outfit in their 5-0 thrashing of Crewe on Saturday.

The teenager could now feature for the Reds in the FA Cup third round tie at St James' Park next Friday night.

“There are a number of injuries and a lot of games so that’s why I’ve been recalled,” Kent said.

“Hopefully I can make my debut against Exeter in the FA Cup I couldn't be any worse than some of these cunts.”

• Upvote 12

Ryan Kent is in contention to make his Liverpool debut against Exeter City in the FA Cup next week. 

The talented 19-year-old winger is heading back to Merseyside after being recalled from his loan spell with Coventry City by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp . 

Kent received a standing ovation in the dressing room from his Sky Blues team-mates after making his final appearance for the League One outfit in their 5-0 thrashing of Crewe on Saturday.

The teenager could now feature for the Reds in the FA Cup third round tie at St James' Park next Friday night.

“There are a number of injuries and a lot of games so that’s why I’ve been recalled,” Kent said.

“Hopefully I can make my debut against Exeter in the FA Cup I couldn't be any worse than some of these cunts.”

I've just splurted my tea.

He's wasted playing on the left especially when Firmino is taking his place in the centre.The biggest problem with Coutinho recently is he shoots to much which has been happening since everyone was going on about him and Sterling not scoring enough.

In his first season he was always looking for a through ball but now he takes hopeful shots a lot of the time, I preferred it when he looked for the pass and would like him to go back to playing that way.

He used to look for the pass when there were players making themselves available for it, all but screaming out for the ball. Like many others in the squad, his decision making isn't all that great, but a striker making a good run would dictate what he did next.

All the AMs are now falling back on what they do when they're out of ideas. Coutinho cuts in and gets his shot blocked, Lallana Cruyf turns until he's dizzy and Firmino hasn't even established a routine to elevate himself to one-trick pony status.

The only reason his goalscoring prowess was raised was because our strikers stopped scoring.

They're all underperforming, but they'd all look better with some movement around them.

He used to look for the pass when there were players making themselves available for it, all but screaming out for the ball. Like many others in the squad, his decision making isn't all that great, but a striker making a good run would dictate what he did next.

All the AMs are now falling back on what they do when they're out of ideas. Coutinho cuts in and gets his shot blocked, Lallana Cruyf turns until he's dizzy and Firmino hasn't even established a routine to elevate himself to one-trick pony status.

The only reason his goalscoring prowess was raised was because our strikers stopped scoring.

They're all underperforming, but they'd all look better with some movement around them.

I think it's down to him being told to shoot more rather then poor strikers although that plays a part.He started doing it towards the end of our title run or at the start of the season after that, everyone was talking about his lack of goals including the manager.

From then he started banging shots from anywhere and has carried on doing it, he's took more shots then any prem player this season.Klopp or one of the coaches need to sit him down and tell him to cut it out.

In the last three games he has consistently ignored good runs outside him by Moreno and opted to go alone and into traffic

He needs to learn to play easy balls and move his arse to create diversions for others

He is the single biggest reason we are not functioning in attack

He does not link the play well as its most often a 'hollywood move' and lost possession or else its turn into trouble and barely hang onto possession and the next player is in trouble

Watch Firmino who almost always turns into space and creates space with his first touch and rarely puts the next player in trouble

Also Coutinho is absolutely useless defensively - he runs back alright but rarely in a manner that impacts the opposition