You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I know he's been utter shite and I have no time for him all but, Think it pretty classless the way the scum have handled this. not even one statement from Moyes yet he's been booted out very ungraciously. We gave Hodgson a much more dignified exit. Funny  though.

• Upvote 1

I know he's been utter shite and I have no time for him all but, Think it pretty classless the way the scum have handled this. not even one statement from Moyes yet he's been booted out very ungraciously. We gave Hodgson a much more dignified exit. Funny  though.

Moyes left the boot in whenever he could - he deserved as much in return. The only way this could have been better would have been to call a presser to announce the club's continuing support and then sack him. With him present.

I don't buy in to all these rumours about Klopp or Van Gaal.

Isn't it traditional for the departing manager to pick the next United boss anyway?

Alex Mcleish and Steve Kean are the most likely in my opinion.

There can only be one

Posted Image

Klopp won't go there. Way too much for him to lose and he doesn't seem like the disloyal type. Same is true of Martinez. They should be thankful that they are being considered by Van Gaal. He is probably the best that they can hope for, although they would be much better off going with a more long-term option like Blanc. De Boer would be a good choice too although I'm not sure I can see him leaving Ajax for a poisoned chalice like Utd. The fate of Moyes will no doubt put a lot of people off.

I think they're really going to struggle to get back into the top 4.   Very tough to get back in once you've lost your place, as we found out. 

I can't see them attracting one of the elite managers as they've lost their appeal.  They are a club on the wane, in the shadow of their richer neighbours.  Everyone would want to manage Man City.  Nobody will want to manage Man Utd as it's a thankless task.  Expectations are high, but relative to the clubs around them resources are not.

They'll have to take a punt on an up and coming manager, in my opinion.  Martinez would be a good option but I doubt their fans could stomach hiring another Everton manager on the back of the hopeless flop who has just vacated.  So all things considered I think Giggs will get the job on a permanent basis.

Klopp already ruled himself out, hope it's not Ancelotti. He'd be the best of the names touted,but either way I'm not arsed, they'll be in the wilderness for years. Being their manager will be as intense as being England's manager in terms of press scrutiny and pressure from the fans, coupled with the fact they need major, major surgery and don't have a lot of cash to spend, it's gonna be the most difficult job in football,the only people who'll want it are ego maniacs like Van Gaal, Mouirnho or big Sam, and that of course all brings with it its own pressures and entertainment.

• Upvote 1

Klopp already ruled himself out, hope it's not Ancelotti. He'd be the best of the names touted,but either way I'm not arsed, they'll be in the wilderness for years. Being their manager will be as intense as being England's manager in terms of press scrutiny and pressure from the fans, coupled with the fact they need major, major surgery and don't have a lot of cash to spend, it's gonna be the most difficult job in football,the only people who'll want it are ego maniacs like Van Gaal, Mouirnho or big Sam, and that of course all brings with it its own pressures and entertainment.

If only there was some way that that could happen. 

I can't say I'm not enjoying it despite the disappointment of Moyes departing. Still think they just don't get that they're just not quite as big a draw as they think they are. No champions league football, an old and substandard squad, old manager still on the scene, lots of debt, trigger happy owners.

Interesting that the absolute best managers around have quickly ruled themselves out.

Hope Giggs rights the ship enough to get them the final Europa League spot. Would be nice to see them trekking off to Poland and Russia on a Thursday and playing away in the league on Sunday. I think they're 6 points of spuds with a game in hand.