You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

The one he pushed out yes.  TAA may have fucked up but Karius compounded it 

For me, he pushes it away from goal, which is what you want your 'keeper doing, he didn't put it in the middle of the 6 yard box, but where he pushes it, there's no Liverpool player near the goal scorer, the ball should have been cut out at source before that.

If I'm being brutal, that one's on him, the other 5 goals we conceded over the 2 legs are not on him.

With the benefit of hindsight, maybe Oblak.

If we can get him, it’s a no brainer. Happy to stick with Karius though. Don’t think there are many other keepers out there who are available and clearly superior to him.

Looking at Klopp's track record of loyalty to players and allowing then time to improve and develop, I'd guess that all the folks on here wanking at the thought of the club spending a fortune on a new keeper in the summer are in for a big disappointment.

Karius looks to be here for the long haul, so it'll be like it or lump it for some.

Mixed performance from him tonight but there again same could be said of a number of players maybe. Was only really at fault with the second goal but that came about because another player did not clear the ball when he had the chance some 10 or 12 metres outside our box. He will probably get some stick for  Nangolans strike as it looked like he thought it was going wide. But we put 7 past Allison over 2 games.

Made one cracking save, was mostly good at claiming crosses. Fucked up with Dzeko's goal. He had a major brain fart when he wiped out Dzeko I think, that would have been a definite penalty had Roma not been offside. He could have been sent off too. Absolutely crazy behaviour. Obviously couldn't do anything about either of Roma's late goals. In conclusion, meh.

He's a big improvement on Mignolet. Still think he'd a really good game last night.

I too,think he did ok. As I said previously I'd only question his parry for their third goal but you'd have to ask questions of our defence there too. As for the Dzeko incident,it's all hypothetical as offside was given and it's refreshing to see our goalkeeper come off his line and also catch crosses too. There will be no £75 million GK under Klopp and FSG,Karius will continue while hopefully Mignolet is upgraded on with a decent and experienced GK.

I too,think he did ok. As I said previously I'd only question his parry for their third goal but you'd have to ask questions of our defence there too. As for the Dzeko incident,it's all hypothetical as offside was given and it's refreshing to see our goalkeeper come off his line and also catch crosses too. There will be no £75 million GK under Klopp and FSG,Karius will continue while hopefully Mignolet is upgraded on with a decent and experienced GK.

Agree with you on his role next season - I'd be shocked if he isn't still Klopp's No.1.

Whilst it would have been a penalty, he wouldn't have been sent off for the Dzeko incident. The rules were changed.

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Overall though I just don't think he's good enough. At least not yet. I'd prefer he had serious competition for his place.

• Upvote 1

I thought he was very good last night, claiming the ball brilliantly. I think he was lucky not to give away a pen, but I don't care. I think he has been outstanding these last few months. To come on here after such a big result and start picking out players is cunty.

Hear,hear NV.

• Upvote 1

I thought he was very good last night, claiming the ball brilliantly. I think he was lucky not to give away a pen, but I don't care. I think he has been outstanding these last few months. To come on here after such a big result and start picking out players is cunty.

Out of +ve after a hard days night but spot on.

• Upvote 1

It was a mixed performance from him, but what stood out is that he took the initiative to start coming for crosses after he saw the pressure we were under early on when they kept slinging balls into the box.

He's done well, and I think we're now in a situation where we either break the bank and get Oblak or Alisson, or have him as the number one next season. Six months ago it wouldn't have been difficult to upgrade on him and Mignolet, it's to his credit that it would now require a huge signing to make a significant improvement on him.

Mignolet still needs binning, obviously.

• Upvote 1

It was a mixed performance from him, but what stood out is that he took the initiative to start coming for crosses after he saw the pressure we were under early on when they kept slinging balls into the box.

He's done well, and I think we're now in a situation where we either break the bank and get Oblak or Alisson, or have him as the number one next season. Six months ago it wouldn't have been difficult to upgrade on him and Mignolet, it's to his credit that it would now require a huge signing to make a significant improvement on him.

Mignolet still needs binning, obviously.

The problem with fans is that they've now got their major upgrade on Mignolet who they were asking for a few months back,yet don't realise it.

Mostly agree - he was properly decisive, and he seems to be gaining confidence by the week in that area. I still think he was really poor for their second though; it wasn't a good enough shot that he couldn't have parried it to safety relatively comfortably.

Mostly agree - he was properly decisive, and he seems to be gaining confidence by the week in that area. I still think he was really poor for their second though; it wasn't a good enough shot that he couldn't have parried it to safety relatively comfortably.

I’m not sure “really poor” is fair. Should have been about 25 degrees more angle on it really, but it’s not like he parried it right back in the middle of the goal.

I’m not sure “really poor” is fair. Should have been about 25 degrees more angle on it really, but it’s not like he parried it right back in the middle of the goal.

We should be celebrating in the fact that 'He's not Mignolet' and supporting the lad at every opportunity.