You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

That's definitely Cumberbach doing the voice over, very like one of the Into Darkness trailers.

Similar to Smaug isn't it, the way the words are stretched out.

Surprised Empire are saying its Adam Driver, sounds nothing like him.

I hope Oscar Issac has a big role, I like him. Looked great flying the X-Wing.

Revenge of the Sith isn't good, the fight at the end lacks physical heft because there's too much CGI noncing about, Padme's death is remarkably shit and even Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, something that was the entire point of the movies, was rushed and felt illogical. McGregor's beard is terrific though.

I can deal with it not being totally brilliant and mind blowing, that I'm at ease with - I just don't want to be let down badly like I think we all have been with the last 3 films. Abrams doesn't have to make it an epic, he just has to beat the last 3 and he'll be applauded. 

Star Wars was like when you were young and you had your best model and wank bank, and then as the years passed, she sort of grew and developed a more sultry and mysterious look, that made her all the more interesting and wanky shaggable. Then, through desperation - she goes under the knife to try and recreate the early years, fails,  spirals out of control and ends up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstain.

Please JJ, bring back the early golden wank years....or at least a slight semi on. 

I'll give you padme's death. "She's just losing the will to live" is lame as fuck.

Maybe I just get lost in the nostalgia as we see Anakin don the black suit and breath funny.

I still think despite the flaws, it's a good film.

I thought the third one was pretty good too, it's the only one I've watched again.

Two or three times.

Revenge of the Sith isn't good, the fight at the end lacks physical heft because there's too much CGI noncing about, Padme's death is remarkably shit and even Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, something that was the entire point of the movies, was rushed and felt illogical. McGregor's beard is terrific though.

Alec Guinness' beard > Ewan McGregor's beard

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll give you padme's death. "She's just losing the will to live" is lame as fuck.

Maybe I just get lost in the nostalgia as we see Anakin don the black suit and breath funny.

I still think despite the flaws, it's a good film.

Even as Vader he was shit because he had to wear lifts in his shoes to make himself as tall as Prowse and looked like he couldn't walk properly as a result. I did like Jimmy Smits, he was boss and I loved that they used an actual set for the Tantive IV rather than CGI wankery.

I love Star Wars.

I normally loathe sequels, but I have to say Empire Strikes Back has stood the test of time.

The third film was a 2-hr advert for cuddly toys.  Even as a kid I was appalled by it.  But it did have Jabba the Hut in it, which was a small mercy.

Then "that" happened.  That which can never be spoken about.

It would require a hitherto-lost and recently uncovered extended nude sequence of late-70s era Princess Leah and a free £50 note to get me to watch this.

Correct on both counts.

I am not allowing myself to become excited by the new Star Wars films as a result of the severe bum-rapage Lucas perpetrated on us with the -so-called prequels; the fucking hack.

The Empire Strikes back is masterful, but that was directed by Irvin Kershner. Coincidence? I think not. 

The prequels are utter wank but they contain my two favourite lightsaber battles of all the films: Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon & Obi Wan and Yoda vs Count Dooku. Fucking ace, both of them.

I will never be able to look at the Darth Maul lightsaber battle in the same way after it was comprehensively deconstructed on Youtube to show that the protagonists were deliberately trying to miss each other.

The prequals are wank, highly recommend the Red Letter Media reviews of them on YouTube which shows you how bereft they are of even the very basics of character and story.

To be fair, even 9 and 10 year old kids were calling it poo.

After some of the worst films known to man being under the guise of a prequel, surely Hollywood would/should think now, knowing what they know, that when they get a story - they start from the very, very beginning, so prequel's can't fuck the whole thing up and let the story lose credibility. Surely!