You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ambulance waiting times.

withnail71

Managed to shatter my tib and fib on saturday night. Luckily i was with friends at the time. happened at about 12.30 pm. Basically it was pissing down and i slipped on a muddy bank and jarred my leg in a pothole. They rang an ambulance straight away, after 45 mins nobody had turned up so they rang again.At 2 am a paramedic in a car turned up, he had driven 45 miles ! it was pitch black and pouring down with rain, he didnt have a torch !! he tried putting a line in my arm, fucked it up, and managed to cover me in blood.his gas and air bottle was not functioning so i had no pain relief. At approx 02.45 an ambulance turned up, from 5 miles up the road. I eventually got to hospital at 5 am.

WTF is that all about ???

Get to hospital and i spend4 1/2 days on a fucking cancer wing being overlooked because im on the wrong ward.

This country is fucked. Seriously.

I would just like to add, the ambulance crew were fucking superb.

My dad is a paramedic and he spends most of his time going to people who don't need an ambulance, people who just want a lift to the hospital, people who don't need any help whatsoever, kids messing around, druggies wanting some free morphine amongst other things and he still thinks the people he works for are worse than them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Called one for somebody when I was away for a few days in Somerset. They were there by the time I put the phone down. 3 minutes, tops.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I had to call an ambulance for a 73 year old guy with Parkinsons who'd fallen over, hit his head and couldn't pick himself up off the floor.

'He didn't meet criteria for an ambulance'.

Another oldie, trying it on. Pull the other one, Granddad. Rightly told where to go.

Also, fucking disgusting.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know this is sad, but I just looked up response times. 75% within 0-8mins, 95% within 19 minutes. Pretty good, I'd say.