You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking into this a little to see where some of the conflicts of interest might be (the likes of Gill at the FA) and I discovered that the Refs are sponsored this season by Tune Group - Owned by Tony Fernandes - Owner of QPR.

Football really doesn't get conflicts of interest does it?

Agreed.

Maybe read my posts in the future before jumping in, fungus.

I did, my point was more about you popping up on every thread disagreeing with the baying masses, you seem to like to be contrary for the sake of it, maybe you feel some sort of superiority in being what you perceive to be the rational one in the crowd, dunno.

I did, my point was more about you popping up on every thread disagreeing with the baying masses, you seem to like to be contrary for the sake of it, maybe you feel some sort of superiority in being what you perceive to be the rational one in the crowd, dunno.

Jesus. It's a discussion forum, people are going to have differing views. And you even happen to agree with me on this particular topic.

The last time I disagreed - and not even to a great extent - with the 'baying masses' was about a year ago, yet people like you, who I have never come across in my life, still harp back to it.

People really need to move on.

'Some sort of superiority'? Good fucking lord. It's the fucking Internet.

You have made the wrong argument though MT - it is the haves and the have nots in the league. The haves get more than their share of everything - that includes dodgy decisions. The league is fucked until they embrace some sort of luxury tax/salary cap - Fair Play is not gonna work it was drafted by the haves to ALLOW them to continue fucking everyone else. Take a look at the NFL - far bigger money, far bigger egos.

You have made the wrong argument though MT - it is the haves and the have nots in the league. The haves get more than their share of everything - that includes dodgy decisions. The league is fucked until they embrace some sort of luxury tax/salary cap - Fair Play is not gonna work it was drafted by the haves to ALLOW them to continue fucking everyone else. Take a look at the NFL - far bigger money, far bigger egos.

I agree with you there, Howie, but look on that as a different, although related, discussion.

This thread seems to be specifically about Utd controlling refereeing appointments, fixture manipulation and corruption of some description within the FA. And, if that is the case, they are not merely one of the 'haves'.

I agree with you there, Howie, but look on that as a different, although related, discussion.

This thread seems to be about Utd controlling refereeing appointments, fixture manipulation and corruption of some description within the FA.

They are at the head of the have table, so they get way more than their fair share. History has shown that has affected at least the first two - which by itself borders on the third.

Looking into this a little to see where some of the conflicts of interest might be (the likes of Gill at the FA) and I discovered that the Refs are sponsored this season by Tune Group - Owned by Tony Fernandes - Owner of QPR.

Football really doesn't get conflicts of interest does it?

That's just too good to be true. Hasn't paid off yet, though.

Edited by Newport

They are at the head of the have table, so they get way more than their fair share. History has shown that has affected at least the first two - which by itself borders on the third.

But why would you consider them head of the 'have' table? And if those three things are taking place at the expense of - or to the detriment to - the other 'haves', and they know all about it, why are they keeping schtum?

Why aren't they singing from the rafters?

But why would you consider them head of the 'have' table? And if those three things are taking place at the expense of - or to the detriment to - the other 'haves', and they know all about it, why are they keeping schtum?

Why aren't they singing from the rafters?

Cuz they have won everything under the S*n for the last 20 years and there is no recourse for gain. It would be like Suarez appealing - remember that end game. Please sir, can I have some more?

Cuz they have won everything under the S*n for the last 20 years and there is no recourse for gain. It would be like Suarez appealing - remember that end game. Please sir, can I have some more?

That's a theory for my first question. What about my second? Why is no-one else at the 'have' table complaining like a banshee? Utd have got everything at their expense. They wouldn't keep quiet.

That's a theory for my first question. What about my second? Why is no-one else at the 'have' table complaining like a banshee? Utd have got everything at their expense. They wouldn't keep quiet.

Reread the post cuz I did - there is no recourse. You do not try to kill the capo with a pen knife - wanna know why - cuz he takes, breaks it and has 20 fellas bludgeon you to death.

As for the bold part, on record there are numerous refs, numerous fellow managers and, oh by the way, you. So the problem is vexed by the lack of solution - that does not mean there is not a problem.

Well if the league was genuinely corrupt then I don't imagine Arsenal, Liverpool etc would want to expose it anytime soon as they'll have seen how damaging the Serie A scandal was to the league's "brand".

That said I don't think referees are corrupt in the sense that they are accepting money to favour a certain team. It's just the fact they are human and despite what they may say I believe their decisions are influenced by which stadium they're at, the nationality of a player, who the managers are, high profile captains etc.

And its not really a problem you can eradicate while you have human referees either. Most people can't agree on incidents after watching it 10 times from different angles at different speeds. Referees have to make a decision based on seeing it once, from possibly an obscured viewpoint with 4 or 5 players + the crowd in his ear. So its no surprise they make poor judgements from time to time.

Manchester United and Alex Ferguson, have bullied the FA and the Referees Association to make sure that they get preferential treatment by referees.

This is patently obvious.

They have done this over a period of years - Ferguson complains about a referee, and they don't get Manchester United games for a long period. Quite often, as in this case with Foy, they are demoted to lower divisions as punishment. This doesn't happen with any other team.

They get away with it because:

a) it is entrenched

b) the FA don't want to do anything about it because it has been going on for years and they are culpable for organised cheating.

c) Referees wan't to ref big games, of which Manchester United are involved in many. They have seen over the years that trying to buck "the system" doesn't work. So they just get on with it.

d) Anytime a rival manager pipes up about it, they get fined by the FA and ridiculed by the press.

It is not reported, or acted on because Ferguson and United have successfully bullied the press using similar tactics over many years.

a) Journalists are routinely banned from Man U press conferences for writing anything Ferguson doesn't like.

b) Media bosses need to report on Man U as they have the most fans in the country, so have tried to keep on side.

c) The BBC lost their balls and negotiated an agreement with Man U and Ferguson, despite him refusing to talk to them for truthfully investigating the dodgy dealings with his son. The Iraq war business, Alistair Campbell and fear of a Tory government have all contributed to the Beeb's complete lack of testicles.

d) It is entrenched.

No-one will investigate it because everyone has been culpable over a period of many years for rigging the game.

Manchester United and Alex Ferguson, have bullied the FA and the Referees Association to make sure that they get preferential treatment by referees.

This is patently obvious.

They have done this over a period of years - Ferguson complains about a referee, and they don't get Manchester United games for a long period. Quite often, as in this case with Foy, they are demoted to lower divisions as punishment. This doesn't happen with any other team.

They get away with it because:

a) it is entrenched

b) the FA don't want to do anything about it because it has been going on for years and they are culpable for organised cheating.

c) Referees wan't to ref big games, of which Manchester United are involved in many. They have seen over the years that trying to buck "the system" doesn't work. So they just get on with it.

d) Anytime a rival manager pipes up about it, they get fined by the FA and ridiculed by the press.

It is not reported, or acted on because Ferguson and United have successfully bullied the press using similar tactics over many years.

a) Journalists are routinely banned from Man U press conferences for writing anything Ferguson doesn't like.

b) Media bosses need to report on Man U as they have the most fans in the country, so have tried to keep on side.

c) The BBC lost their balls and negotiated an agreement with Man U and Ferguson, despite him refusing to talk to them for truthfully investigating the dodgy dealings with his son. The Iraq war business, Alistair Campbell and fear of a Tory government have all contributed to the Beeb's complete lack of testicles.

d) It is entrenched.

No-one will investigate it because everyone has been culpable over a period of many years for rigging the game.

There is a WHOLE lot of truth in this post.

But, but, but, our wonderful english refs just wouldn't do that sort of thing!! lord scum said it's just the foreigners that do bad stuff...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/02/fa-referee-arrested-computer-hacking

A senior member of the Football Association's referee department and football league referee has been arrested on suspicion of computer hacking and the dissemination of private information. Dean Mohareb, 29, was due to take charge of the Championship match between Barnsley and Peterborough on Tuesday night but following his arrest he has now been removed from the fixture...

The thing people need to remember is United and more so Ginsoak have been miles ahead of doing shady stuff for years.

Pretty sure it was ginsoak who was the first one to send refs wives or girlfriends flowers on there birthdays.

Also if a ref had kids they would send them the latest kit and if I remember right even season tickets on there birthdays.

It s something they were doing well before other clubs caught on to it.

Stuff like that is just another way of getting a ref more on your side without talking or giving him anything.

I imagine theres a few on here who could say about other things similar that they have been doing for years.

Somebody wrote on here a couple of year ago that they went to Uni with Philip Don(former head of refs) kids, and they were doing a sports degree of some form and ferguson would allow dons kids to use the facilities and staff at carrington to assist in there studies.

Fuckin league is corrupt to the core, baffles me that people still think it's not

That said I don't think referees are corrupt in the sense that they are accepting money to favour a certain team. It's just the fact they are human and despite what they may say I believe their decisions are influenced by which stadium they're at, the nationality of a player, who the managers are, high profile captains etc.

And its not really a problem you can eradicate while you have human referees either. Most people can't agree on incidents after watching it 10 times from different angles at different speeds. Referees have to make a decision based on seeing it once, from possibly an obscured viewpoint with 4 or 5 players + the crowd in his ear. So its no surprise they make poor judgements from time to time.

I agree entirely with this and have said so before n thsi thread. But this is not what people here are saying. They are saying Utd control referees appointments, manipulate the fixtures and also control the FA. They are saying if anyone complains, Utd then have the power to dismiss any complaint through wielding their power over the PL, FA and the PGMO.

I just find the whole thing a bit far fetched, really. It's a possibility of course but I simply don't believe, if the clubs have the evidence everyone here thinks is so very obvious, they would be yelling from the rooftops, parading it to everyone. You can claim damage to the brand prevents them from doing so but, personally, I just don't buy it.

I agree entirely with this and have said so before n thsi thread. But this is not what people here are saying. They are saying Utd control referees appointments, manipulate the fixtures and also control the FA. They are saying if anyone complains, Utd then have the power to dismiss any complaint through wielding their power over the PL, FA and the PGMO.

I just find the whole thing a bit far fetched, really. It's a possibility of course but I simply don't believe, if the clubs have the evidence everyone here thinks is so very obvious, they would be yelling from the rooftops, parading it to everyone. You can claim damage to the brand prevents them from doing so but, personally, I just don't buy it.

No they're not. The waters have been muddied a bit by a couple of paranoiacs but the essence of the complaint is about referee appointments and engendering a corrupt system of appointments and favour from referees.

The FA allows it because Man U is too big to pull up on it, and it has been going on for so long, they are complicit.

Other clubs don't go to the FA, because the FA is complicit - they don't police themselves. A complaint to the press is rewarded with a fine and scorn from the media, who are also complicit.

U

No they're not. The waters have been muddied a bit by a couple of paranoiacs but the essence of the complaint is about referee appointments and engendering a corrupt system of appointments and favour from referees.

The FA allows it because Man U is too big to pull up on it, and it has been going on for so long, they are complicit.

Other clubs don't go to the FA, because the FA is complicit - they don't police themselves. A complaint to the press is rewarded with a fine and scorn from the media, who are also complicit.

So, all this is happening and still rival clubs don't say a thing? It's this I have a hard time buying. These clubs will all being feeling the effects of Utd receiving this preferred treatment from the PGMO and FA, have evidence of it, yet don't say a thing?

Just doesn't wash with me.

So, all this is happening and still rival clubs don't day a thing? It's this I have a hard time buying. These clubs will all being feeling the effects of Utd receiving this preferred treatment from the PGMO and FA, have evidence of it, yet don't say a thing?

Just doesn't wash with me.

They have said things.

Rafa Benitez, Roberto Martinez, observe what happened.

They have said things.

Rafa Benitez, Roberto Martinez, observe what happened.

As I have said, the clubs should be presenting their evidence. If they don't want to present it to the FA, PL and PGMO, then actually present it to the press. The clubs shouldn't just complain through the manager in his weekly press conference on the basis of what looks like a hunch. Actually show the evidence of this referee manipulation.