You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

I've heard LFD is trying to stinge on lunch and tea so i'm drafting in Gatting and Boon to put pressure on him.

Gatting and Boon would want to play at Lords every day!

Best lunch there apparently.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke
Gatting and Boon would want to play at Lords every day!

Best lunch there apparently.

From what Bumble was saying they get a 3 course menu with loads of choices.

No chance, be all rice and plain fish now surely. No doubt it would have been steak and that in the 80s. Few of the grounds I've played at would put a Lords tea to shame. At certain clubs where you knew there would be an epic tea you'd make sure you fielded first.

Probably what I miss most about playing cricket.

No chance, be all rice and plain fish now surely. No doubt it would have been steak and that in the 80s. Few of the grounds I've played at would put a Lords tea to shame. At certain clubs where you knew there would be an epic tea you'd make sure you fielded first.

Probably what I miss most about playing cricket.

You'd think so but I was amazed when Demonic Cork, I think it was, read out the lunch menu during the last test....treacle sponge or the equivalent

Guest Pistonbroke
Should have been a good tea playing with the Sri Lankans.

Lots of weird food in pastries, lovely rice dishes...cuppa was nice. Had some great times with them, down to earth although you got some sneaky bastards, had to make sure your valuables were locked away.

Guest Pistonbroke
LFD

You have said its a knockout competition but have it down as 12 teams of two. That doesn't fit into a knockout.You need either 16 teams or 32.

Final 2

Semi 4

Quarter 8

Last 16

Last 32

Or am I missing something?

Could easily get around that by having 4 groups of 6, each team to play each other with the top 2 from each go through to semi finals or top four to quarter finals...etc etc.

Just realised i'm red, better get onto paypal to sort me membership out.

Could easily get around that by having 4 groups of 6, each team to play each other with the top 2 from each go through to semi finals or top four to quarter finals...etc etc.

Just realised i'm red, better get onto paypal to sort me membership out.

I missed my opportunity to get my Bopara neg in without recrimination.

Guest Pistonbroke
I missed my opportunity to get my Bopara neg in without recrimination.

hahaha, I'm Gold again. I can't see Bopara getting into anyone's team, but you never know.

Guest Pistonbroke
Definately a sly one to watch, reckon she'll be picking a couple of brains at home too.

Indeed. I'd say being an old git is an advantage, but google bollocks up my major advantage.

Guest Pistonbroke
What do they say about criminals always returning to the scene of their crime....

TBF to Col he had me down as 58, plus he as never seen a photo of me or met me. Personally i think Col is 36 going on 56.