You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

*Imagines Redshadow entombed in padded cell with 8 foot beard slowly rocking himself to sleep chanting the persecution song*

At the very start

There were whispers in the dark

And for all the world to see

There was witchcraft at it's heart

And on the autumn air

The scent of bonfires everywhere

And a fell wind stirred the leaves...

The persecution song

I tend to agree with you here. My original comments were not made with the intention that one or two have, that I care much for what others say about us.

I take an interest in what they say but am not overtly bothered. The point I was trying to make as you say is where once we were fairly well respected, even when we were winning loads of titles, you hardly every heard a bad word about LFC.

But now, we are racists, we dont play by the (transfer) rules etc, etc. I really dont see what Fulham's problem is. We enquired about a player who is in the last year of his contract or at least according to the public domain is.

We were told the price and we said tahnks but no thanks. Jol seems to be saying we should be paying the inflated £10m and if we dont, we've done something wrong? GTF martin.

Maybe its because the Liverpool website had a we signed Dempsey page up before they removed it, and also Rodgers is supposed to of said or wrote we have been in with a bid for him when we havent.

Maybe its because the Liverpool website had a we signed Dempsey page up before they removed it, and also Rodgers is supposed to of said or wrote we have been in with a bid for him when we havent.

It wasn't the Liverpool website though, it was the New England Sport Network website. If the FA can charge the club for that, they should have been charging Man United every time Sky Sports News ran a transfer gossip story. Sky owned a portion of the club before the Glazers took over.

If you ask me it's pointless to argue over whether it's happening because everyone hates us or because we're weak or whatever.

The truth is, if we start winning the league again all of this will go away, or at least won't matter in the slightest. We need to start performing on the pitch and these kinds of things will be irrelevant.

Indeed, Ne Moe Imya. (or Not my name?)

If we were winning the League Championship and European Cup with the regularity we did before 1990 (when we were generally universally cited as the paragon of how football club's should conduct themselves/be run) I somehow think people wouldn't be sinking the boot into this soft target (us) anywhere near as much as they are.

And even if they were, I'm sure we wouldn't give a flying fuck.

Rodgers stupidly talked about dempsey in the press and the owners mouthpiece website actually said we had him signed. Now you can point to other clubs doing similar things but that doesn't make what rodgers and fsg have done right.

The club cocked up Suarez's defence too' date=' to such an extent that we basically gave evidence against him!

The world isn't out to get LFC. LFC has a habit of kicking itself in the balls.[/quote']

Oh look. You are wrong again.

Rodgers was asked about Dempsey, said he was a good player but would not comment further because he was a Fulham player. And he hasn't since.

Don't let the facts get in the way though eh!

We have new owners who obviously believe in us as they invested in us and as said earlier, saved us from H&G.

We were the biggest club in the world, very successful and most importantly classy with it.

Over the years the build of resentment is incredible. We can be the biggest and best again and the media and other fucking idiots out there fucking know it.

Ignore these bastards now, because we will sure as hell ignore them when we are back where we belong.

Hate to go back to mention him as some hate the sound of his name it appears, but when Rafa made his speech, reading from notes basically to get his point across and take media attention away from our captain who was fighting in a nightclub. What happens..."Rafa's Rant" Seriously wtf? What we should have done is ban any press that published shite. Didnt the drunken one ban someone from MUFC TV?

Guest San Don

It wasnt LFC's website though, was it? It was NESV's website. That's independent from LFC and, I understand, FSG made an apology to FFC regarding that.

So no, it clearly isnt that.

Im really not certain what Rodgers has done different to ferguson in this respect. Did rodgers intercept dempsey at a airport like united did with berbatov? Did rodgers say anything materially different to what ferguson did with van Persie?

The only difference I can see is FFC frightened LFC off with a sky high valuation for a player in the last year of his contract. Sure, FFC can do that. By the same token, LFC can decide not to follow up on silly valuations.

Personally, I dont want dempsey anywhere near the club but that's not a decision I can influence.

Guest San Don
Indeed, Ne Moe Imya. (or Not my name?)

If we were winning the League Championship and European Cup with the regularity we did before 1990 (when we were generally universally cited as the paragon of how football club's should conduct themselves/be run) I somehow think people wouldn't be sinking the boot into this soft target (us) anywhere near as much as they are.

And even if they were, I'm sure we wouldn't give a flying fuck.

I think you're mistaken. I dont think winning titles and CL's has anything to do with it.

So you seriously think the Suarez incident wouldnt have been made into a full scale race issue if we were League Champions or CL winners? Do you seriously think we'd be on the end of a potential PL investigation over this dempsey saga?

How is it we have to go through hoops to sign non EU players yet united again neatly had little opposition to signing the 18 yo with no full international caps in the last couple of weeks etc?

Sorry, this isnt just about 'what people think of us.' its about the treatment the club is officially getting.

Perhaps you wont want reminding of these actions next time the club gets censured by the PL or has two pens and a sending off for nothing challenges etc.

How is it we have to go through hoops to sign non EU players yet united again neatly had little opposition to signing the 18 yo with no full international caps in the last couple of weeks etc?

That ones been going on for years and it still baffles me how no one from any other club in any official capacity has ever questioned it.

There has to be something up with that, conspiracy theory or no conspiracy theory. Somethings up with that.

I think you're mistaken. I dont think winning titles and CL's has anything to do with it.

So you seriously think the Suarez incident wouldnt have been made into a full scale race issue if we were League Champions or CL winners? Do you seriously think we'd be on the end of a potential PL investigation over this dempsey saga?

Sorry, this isnt just about 'what people think of us.' its about the treatment the club is officially getting.

Perhaps you wont want reminding of these actions next time the club gets censured by the PL or has two pens and a sending off for nothing challenges etc.

That's exactly right. You think your things.

And I'll think mine.

And no need for apologies.

That's the beauty of it.

A Liverpool fan thinking the world's against him and his team? Whatever next?

Oh look. You are wrong again.

Rodgers was asked about Dempsey, said he was a good player but would not comment further because he was a Fulham player. And he hasn't since.

Don't let the facts get in the way though eh!

Here, just for you. Have a watch at Rodgers running his mouth of like a daft cunt about another clubs player.

nEPFCc8JGaI

Maybe fulham reporting him is for the best. He might realise to shut the fuck up. He's constantly blabbed far too much to the press from day one.

No, just unhappy that whilst someone's learning on the job, they're tarnishing the clubs name.

Now kindly fuck off cunt. Shouldnt you be on redcafe labelling Suarez a racist?

Suarez isn't a racist. I am unsure what that has to do with you being a big whining, stupid twunt though.

Just lay off Rodgers for a bit. You're fucking dull.

Here, just for you. Have a watch at Rodgers running his mouth of like a daft cunt about another clubs player.

nEPFCc8JGaI

Maybe fulham reporting him is for the best. He might realise to shut the fuck up. He's constantly blabbed far too much to the press from day one.

What's he done wrong there?

As for Fulham, they're just pissed because they probably thought LFC would overpay like they normally do.

Agree with a lot of other comments regarding our "standing" in modern football. Unfortunately, we have been behind somewhat. We should have been investing in stadium/infrastructure/commercial revenue in the late 80's early 90's like Man Utd did. I do appreciate it was probably a lot easier for them as the location of OT made it easier to expand. Also, we were probably still too "big" and successful for the modern sugar daddy model as well. Chelsea and Man City were lower level underachiever's than ourselves. Chelsea were cheap to buy and City already had a modern stadium handed to them on a plate. Both easy scenarios for investors.

It's taken a few years now, but I'm slowly convincing myself that we will be in the also ran pack as far as the league title is concerned until or if football casts off this modern financial model. We can't compete on transfers anymore, simple as that and will be feeding of the scraps after the big ,bloated money boys have had they're fill.

On the up side, we are still a big story media wise and that's why they make such a fuss about our stories. We are still a big TV audience draw.

As Oscar Wilde once said, "It's better to be talked about than not talked about at all" .