You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

So you want Rafa to come back piss off the current owners (because he has at every club he's been at) then get the sack again, it'll only leave people broken hearted again.

Obviously I enjoyed the Champions League win, FA Cup win and coming 2nd in the Prem but to the end of his tenure he was just unbearable, his manner and tactics were awful and frustrating, put me well off the man. He wouldn't last a season if he came back.

Alternatively, he might come back, get us into the top 4 and win the champions league again. You do remember that? 2 finals in 3 seasons. When do you think that is gonna happen again?

How has this klopp fellow performed on his european adventures?

And what about that fellow llego has in his .sig Sacchi MKII has he faded from the scene?

Thats the reason I went for rafa over klopp, he has been pretty shite in europe. They came bottom of their champions league group this year which contained marseille and olympiacos.

I voted for Rafa, don't think he will even get a look in, as he has the reputation of being a troublemaker who won't follow the party line. They will appoint some no mark who probably looks quite dapper and has a nice coat and is really polite to Geoff Shreeves and the Sky twats, the sort whose face will fit the Fox documentary.

Klopp has done exceptionally well winning the league in Germany twice, although he did finish bottom of his group in the c/l. They like us were close to going to the wall, there is a good article in one of the early blizzard articles which goes into detail. Saying that I can't see him leaving Dortmund for us at this time, he has a chance to create something special their and put Bayern in the shadows. I'm sure he wants to do something in Europe with them and match Hitzfield record, he is adored by their fanbase. So really can't see that happening, although I would be disappointed if we didn't sound him out.

As for AVB anyone who manages to upset Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cole quickly deserves some merit. Although I am surprised some are keen on him, as all we heard before was the players need a good man manager. From the sounds of it, that is not his strong point. It took Rafa a few years to piss off our mob. He managed to do it in 3 months, go AVB. He was hard done by at Chelsea in that he didn’t get time but are we going to give time to a new manager to implement his ideas?.

One thing is certain we need a manager who is used to working under pressure and this is not a job for a novice. Proven winnner please, let the likes of Villa and WBA take those still learning the ropes.

I have no confidence in them making the right choice, so I'm sure we will be looking again next summer.

Rawks poll

Rafael Benitez 228 (65.1%)

Andre Villas-Boas 50 (14.3%)

Fabio Capello 2 (0.6%)

Roberto Martinez 5 (1.4%)

Frank Rijkaard 1 (0.3%)

Jurgen Klopp 41 (11.7%)

Didier Deschamps 1 (0.3%)

Luis Enrique 1 (0.3%)

Roberto Di Matteo 1 (0.3%)

Josep Guardiola 12 (3.4%)

Brendan Rodgers 1 (0.3%)

Jurgen Klinsmann 0 (0%)

Marcelo Bielsa 3 (0.9%)

Other 4 (1.1%)

Lucien Favre 0 (0%)

No surprises there:-)

So you want Rafa to come back piss off the current owners (because he has at every club he's been at) then get the sack again, it'll only leave people broken hearted again.

Obviously I enjoyed the Champions League win, FA Cup win and coming 2nd in the Prem but to the end of his tenure he was just unbearable, his manner and tactics were awful and frustrating, put me well off the man. He wouldn't last a season if he came back.

Yes, I'm not bothered about the success he may bring. Fuck that, I'm here just for the Rafa vs Boardroom frenzy.

PS. Did you remove the link of Rafa's successes purposely?

But even on RAWK, it's still only 65%. The fanbase is obviously split on Benitez. It may not be 50/50, but it won't be far away.

Yep, it's so neck and neck that he's the most popular choice on at least 4 of the 4 LFC websites I go on.............

Yep, it's so neck and neck that he's the most popular choice on at least 4 of the 4 LFC websites I go on.............

erm.. is this really that difficult a concept to grasp?

He might win most polls, but try running a poll (on the serious contenders) who Liverpool fans don't want to manage us. He would probably win that one as well.

Highlighting my point that Benitez divides the fans.

Every single poll I have seen so far has Rafa as the fans choice to replace Kenny, seems he is a lot more popular than some people on here would have us believe

anyway AVB will get the job, his agent is making all the right noises and he's free no compensation to pay out!

I think major tom is so idiotic that he think the term 'splitting the fanbase' means that not everyone has him as their first choice. Using that idiotic logic, we should appoint absolutely nobody as our new manager.

He might win most polls, but try running a poll (on the serious contenders) who Liverpool fans don't want to manage us. He would probably win that one as well.

Don't be ridiculous. Pretty sure sam alardyce would get more votes.

Erm, yep I grasped what you're saying, it's just I don't see him splitting the fan base down the middle, he's the outright man the fans are saying they want.

Ever thought of being a politician?

If they had a clear plan then surely it should be a fairly quick appointment for whoever it is. It should be someone with no links to the club, that will have no with ready made excuses or blind faith. A person we will all judge on results wthi no prior bias. Fsg want a new fresh start this has to be the way.