You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Caviar only just. Extremely lucky.

Jockeys fault there, could have cost the race. Fucking idiot.

glad she won. she's come along way for this but that was totally underwhelming even if the jockey took the foot off.

Was told over 2 weeks ago (by someone who if they weren't ITK, had every credential to be) that there was never going to be a comfortable win.

They also had 40k on at evens.

Was told over 2 weeks ago (by someone who if they weren't ITK, had every credential to be) that there was never going to be a comfortable win.

They also had 40k on at evens.

Have to throw 40 grand on a horse next time I am itk about a horse who isnt expected to have a easy race.

I know I'm a few days late but Black Caviar is a great god damn horse.

I never really bought into the hype because I thought she was racing shite fields here in Aus but the hype got to me finally and I love her.

I don't care how much she won by, I was a bit annoyed/disappointed straight after the race but after giving it time I really don't care at all how she won as long as she did.

She pulled some muscles in her legs, she's not used to racing on a track like that, plus taking into account the travel and it's a great win.

Hopefully she's got a couple more races in her.

I know I'm a few days late but Black Caviar is a great god damn horse.

I never really bought into the hype because I thought she was racing shite fields here in Aus but the hype got to me finally and I love her.

I don't care how much she won by, I was a bit annoyed/disappointed straight after the race but after giving it time I really don't care at all how she won as long as she did.

She pulled some muscles in her legs, she's not used to racing on a track like that, plus taking into account the travel and it's a great win.

Hopefully she's got a couple more races in her.

Racing shite fields in Australia? You dont get better competition or prize money than group 1 races in Australia.The West Australian horse Haylist is pretty much the most unlucky horse in the world, bridesmaid to Black Caviar but gets pushed full throttle each time and would of creamed that field.

It's a shame in Australia it's been looked upon as pretty much a loss and the end of the rooad though.

Racing shite fields in Australia? You dont get better competition or prize money than group 1 races in Australia.The West Australian horse Haylist is pretty much the most unlucky horse in the world, bridesmaid to Black Caviar but gets pushed full throttle each time and would of creamed that field.

It's a shame in Australia it's been looked upon as pretty much a loss and the end of the rooad though.

Thats my point. I thought she was getting an easy run because she was winning races so easy and just easing up in the last couple of hundred but in reality she really is a special horse but it took me longer than most to buy into it. I think a lot of Aussies had thought she was getting an easy ride over here once her unbeaten record started to get going no one wanted her to lose so many thought they were creating races purely for her to win.

I still want to see her go all the way to the line without easing up (it's probably unlikely to happen now), I almost get the feeling that she is so used to easing up at the end that if she needed to go all the way to the line that it might be difficult but that's just my opinion. The few times I've seen Frankel he's always gone all the way to the line even know he's won it easy. It makes me think that if they went head to head Frankel would be the better finisher just because he's used to finishing a race.

I don't think Aussies are looking at it as a loss or a bad performance though. Maybe at first they were but I think like me people have come to realise a win is a win no matter by how much. Especially now the reports about her injuries have come out, people maybe even appreciate her more. The jockey has taken a lot of blame but I think he eased her up not thinking she would shut off so much but she was tired, hurt and on a heavy track so she really eased up more than she would on a nice hard Aussie track.

Fair enough and i agree about never being pushed, Frankel goes hell for leather every race while Black Caviar has been love tapped on the arse twice in one race in her career.They will never face eachother though, the distance being the factor.

Have to throw 40 grand on a horse next time I am itk about a horse who isnt expected to have a easy race.

Didn't see this at the time so apologies for the delay in replying.

They were very confident BC would win but it wouldn't be as comfortable as some were making out.

• 2 weeks later...
Best of luck then mate, I also got told from a good source that Bonfire will win today 3.45, I wont be backing it as im seriously broke after moving house and things but If I wasnt I certainly would be, good day all.

Hmm, I proper like Farhh in that. So need to have a look at this Bonfire.

Best of luck then mate, I also got told from a good source that Bonfire will win today 3.45, I wont be backing it as im seriously broke after moving house and things but If I wasnt I certainly would be, good day all.

Never back against a gosden horse who hasnt run for a while and one that he says is running well at home.