You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EIGHT TOP ENGLISH CLUBS FACE TAX THREAT

a stoner

Sounds like it could be any premiership club as it is to do with holding foreign players pay until they leave the UK so they and the club don't have to pay income tax and national insurance. Inland revenue have deemed this to be illegal now.

Sorry can't say any more as I had a child yapping in the car while it was on the radio but this was the jist of the story.

The lead story, and the interpretation of it, is a bit misleading. This is about beneficial offshore trusts, and a failure by clubs, the players, or both, to pay tax due.

Although in theory, as the play things of the rich, any PL footballer might seek to take advantage of one, in practise they may be more attractive to foreign players who move around a lot and Clubs who want an edge signing them. I also understand that the clubs may no longer be in the PL.

West Ham (under the Icelanders) are nailed on, Hull, Everton, Newcastle, Bolton, Fulham , Spurs, Man City and Arsenal would be my favourites. Villa’s previously predominantly British and young player policy probably reduces their exposure.

I would love to see the arrangements the FA made to pay Sven and Fabio...........................................

It has already been reported Arsenal do this and I'm sure I can remember Arsenal players refering to it in interviews.

Guest San Don

HMRC have run a campaign against a number of clubs, not just 8 PL clubs regarding tax avoidance via such things as image rights, club cars, houses even, free use of mega rich owner's yachts by certain players (main chelshit ones).