You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GREAT SONGS THAT DIDN'T CHART AS HIGHLY AS THEY SHOULD OR YOU THOUGHT

The KillingMoon

Always amazes me certain songs, many classic anthems that you presume were massive but actually didn't get that high in charts.

probably R E M breakthrough single (yes they'd charted every so briefly before with about 4 songs but this took them onto the next level) in terms of establishing them as a great great band.

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (Video) - YouTube

No 19 in the UK top 40

[YOUTUBE]5U-NHTW2-Ps[/YOUTUBE]

People say this should have hit number 1 instead of number 2 despite being kept off by John Lennon with 'Woman' and Joe Dolce with 'Shaddapa Ya Face' but as both a fan of Ultravox and the Rock sound I thought this should have done much better than number 27 myself.

[YOUTUBE]Yo6n75DxQS4[/YOUTUBE]

On my phone so can't see the videos but it's Oasis - Supersonic for me. Think it was their first single and it charted at 30 something. Boss tune.

Good shout it peaked around 34 I think.

Smiths - this charming man 25

Stone roses - she bangs the drum 36

Both these been re released at some time or other and smiths reached no 10 in 1992 but roses still only 30 odd

Wonderwall should of got to number one without doubt,only managing to reach number two.

Radio Ga Ga and we are the champions from queen.

Layla was another not to reach number one and that has been released and re released.

Zombie and also linger by the cranberries never reached number one either.

Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode ...charted no.13.

Was no.1 in Germany for 26 weeks, was listed in the top 100 singles of all time by Q magazine and been covered by Johnny Cash and Marilyn Manson amongst others.

Massive fan of the Mode they are all over the world, fill stadiums and David Gahan even died and came back to life. Been around since 1981 yet they are treated as a bit of a joke in this country.....why ?

good shout re wonderwall. Some might say & dont look back both got to no 1 as did lesser songs like all around the world. I think I m correct in saying that every oasis no 1 has only stayed top for 1 week, boring I know ha ha but true.

Pretty sure teenage kicks only just made top 30 on original release and The waterboys - whole of the moon peaked around 26 before re release.