You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Does it really need spelling out once more? We need a new centre back to partner Agger/Skrtel or even Kelly - We have such a man sitting just waiting his chance - Ergo just what should be done next? I think the answer's clear no? Does it need putting in black & white or 6 foot neon letters - We all know who was at fault tonight for not defending the cross once the full back allowed it to take place and whose mistakes have so given Reina the jitters in the last few weeks that he's nothing like the dominant figure of old in our goalmouth (nor will he be again until our defence is sorted) we have a problem, it needs sorting - we have the answer also in our ranks - Sentiment be damned, the next step is obvious...............

Just knock it on the head will you?

We clearly need to sort out our central defence, but in this game we should have easily afforded to conceed one, two or even three goals.

Finnishing clearly is a problem, i lost count today on how many chances we missed. In the games we have dropped points in so far, Tottenham game aside, poor finnishing is to blame, we have created enough chances to win every game apart from that, it's getting very frustrating. Suarez is so good it's unbelievable, until the final shot, he'll always create chances so he's gonna get a good number of goals come the end of the season, but it's a crying shame he's not scored 10+ goals already, cause he's certainly had the chances to. Norwich's keeper had a stormer though, but god damn how we didnt win this game 5-1 is fucking sickening.

After 7 PL games last season, we had 6 points.

After 7 PL games this season, we had 13 points

Or 9 points vs current 15 after 9 games.

Both are disappointing, but we've clearly started better this season, once or rather if we sort out our fucking finnishing we should reach the CL this season.

interesting stat on twitter:

Roy Hodgson managed #LFC for 31 league, FA Cup & European games, winning 13. Dalglish on return has had 32, winning 15. Both lost 9.

It really isn't. For example the quality of teams we played in the Europa League with Owlface in charge was well below those we played with Kenny. Plus Hodgson didn't play any FA cup games, but I would still put that defeat on his statistics.

interesting stat on twitter:

Roy Hodgson managed #LFC for 31 league, FA Cup & European games, winning 13. Dalglish on return has had 32, winning 15. Both lost 9.

Its not interesting. The guy that posted that is a mate of mine and is a manc. He's looking for people to bite.

After 7 PL games last season, we had 6 points.

After 7 PL games this season, we had 13 points

Or 9 points vs current 15 after 9 games.

Both are disappointing, but we've clearly started better this season, once or rather if we sort out our fucking finnishing we should reach the CL this season.

Good return on a £110 million outlay in 9 months though?

I don't want Kenny gone, at all not now not ever. But if Hodgson had served that there would be riots.

It was ultimately a frustrating afternoon, we didn't play bad we just weren't clinical enough. Yeah hitting the bar 3 times is unlucky but for the money we've spent on our attack we really should be putting away more chances. One thing that screams out to me and Carroll needs to take note is that we completely lack a poacher. We lack an Owen, a Luis Garcia someone who has the knack of scoring and getting at the end of crosses and deliveries.

Carroll isn't doing that and Suarez for all his skill just isn't as clinical as you would like him to be.

I firmly believe results like this will be part of the course for this season because we've just got players who ultimately however talented they maybe just aren't as consistent as we need them to be. I don't want to mention the price but it's hard not to. Does Downing look £16 Million? Does Carroll look £35 Million. We can argue the rights and wrongs of it, I'm not losing faith no matter what this post sounds like.

But it's questions that need addressing if we are to have any sort of success this year. Patience is a virtue, but plenty of improvement is needed by the players, and dare I say it by Kenny if we're to achieve fourth.

Ultimately a very frustrating afternoon and 1 point against Norwich at home is never a good result, regardless of the performance.

As some already said, at this point last season we were staring into the abyss under owlface, this year we are at least within touch of 4th so far.

No point, burying our heads in the sand, there are issues without fucking doubt. But we are a fucking whole lot better off right now than last year.

All we have to do is correct a few problems and we'll be well capable of finishing 4th.

I don't want Kenny gone, at all not now not ever. But if Hodgson had served that there would be riots.

Give it a rest. Hodgson was serving up home defeats to Wolves where we barely had a shot let alone a chance. As disappointing as today was we could have had 10.

And Hodgson was slaughtered because he had us in a relegation scrap in December! Dont even compare.