You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Yes.

The club has dumped the flashy design of the two previous owners.

The current owners have therefore said the design options are revamped Anfield and basically the 2003 Stanley Park design.

The club have indicated no decision has been taken on either but has indicated that some changes would be made within the planning approval to bring the 2003 design 'up to date' rather than submit a new set of plans which would delay the whole project further.

The capacity aimed for redevelopment or the Stanley Park stadium will be 60,000.

Lots of other speculation going on by some who claim to be itk's.

It only press speculation SD. The club have said nothing. All this is based on press speculation.

Guest San Don
It only press speculation SD. The club have said nothing. All this is based on press speculation.

I agree. To a degree.

But, reading between the lines the previous owners design isnt going to go ahead.

So, we either go revamped Anfield, 2003 design (modernised or not) or new application.

I dont reckon we'll go for a new application. That would leave revamp or the 2003 design.

60k is the capacity of the 2003 design. Anfield cannot be increased beyond 60k despite what the architect who posted his plans would have people believe.

Im not claiming to be in the know.

Guest alantkayll
What about Morgan? Last seen as Chairman of Wolverhampton Wanderers, keep up...........................

I am very happy to be judged on the accuracy of my posts on this subject, you should be less so.

you seem happy with Morgan. Any chance of replying why he wanted £5,000 per share and 'fuck the rest' from this great fan?

Your happy to throw a dig at Moores and Parry, yet feel Morgan is ok.

Morgan is a twat who like the rest was only interested in what he earned out of it.

The club has dumped the flashy design of the two previous owners.

The current owners have therefore said the design options are revamped Anfield and basically the 2003 Stanley Park design.

The club have indicated no decision has been taken on either but has indicated that some changes would be made within the planning approval to bring the 2003 design 'up to date' rather than submit a new set of plans which would delay the whole project further.

The capacity aimed for redevelopment or the Stanley Park stadium will be 60,000.

I don't think that the Club has confirmed any of that San Don- it was just a newspaper report.

I doubt the accuracy of the report too. I do not believe that there is an implementable current consent for the "Parry Bowl", contrary to what is claimed.

It may be that they are revisiting that design, but I believe that it would require a fresh application.

It is true to say that if a fresh application was made for a previously consented, but lapsed design, which did not exceed the 60k capacity which had previously been approved for infrastructure purposes,it could be approved in a matter of weeks.

Guest alantkayll
No one knows till its on the offal and they explain their thoughts

Shut up. Its AFL 2003 If/when we get naming rights. Which is miles away.

Guest alantkayll
I don't think that the Club has confirmed any of that San Don- it was just a newspaper report.

I doubt the accuracy of the report too. I do not believe that there is an implementable current consent for the "Parry Bowl", contrary to what is claimed.

It may be that they are revisiting that design, but I believe that it would require a fresh application.

It is true to say that if a fresh application was made for a previously consented, but lapsed design, which did not exceed the 60k capacity which had previously been approved for infrastructure purposes,it could be approved in a matter of weeks.

You have no fucking idea what FSG think. Your comment is full of shite. Your a clueless fucking prick.

Guest alantkayll
Atk you are one thick, ignorant dickhead.[/quote

Fuck off you tell me were I am wrong. You come back to me in a years time and say the same thing.

Get a fuckin grip.

you seem happy with Morgan. Any chance of replying why he wanted £5,000 per share and 'fuck the rest' from this great fan? Your happy to throw a dig at Moores and Parry, yet feel Morgan is ok.

Morgan is a twat who like the rest was only interested in what he earned out of it.

I described Morgan as someone with the experience to raise finance for and deliver large construction projects. Those are facts. I did not describe him as a great fan.

I also said that Moores and Morgan did not get on and that Morgan's status as a self made man, the polar opposite of Moores, was at the heart of that, and that Morgan was a divisive figure. Few would argue with that.

Not only am I happy to throw a dig at Moores and Parry, I have produced statistical evidence to back up my view that they were "asleep at the wheel" on the stadium issue, bordering on negligence.

Guest ShoePiss
Atk you are one thick, ignorant dickhead.[/quote

Fuck off you tell me were I am wrong. You come back to me in a years time and say the same thing.

Get a fuckin grip.

No, you get a grip. Where are you wrong? Let's start with the extra 15,000 seats will be premium which would make us trying to sell nearly what, 20,000 premium seats?

Get to bed.

Guest San Don

Yep, I mean people will disbelieve what they want to!

Guest alantkayll
I described Morgan as someone with the experience to raise finance for and deliver large construction projects. Those are facts. I did not describe him as a great fan.

I also said that Moores and Morgan did not get on and that Morgan's status as a self made man, the polar opposite of Moores, was at the heart of that, and that Morgan was a divisive figure. Few would argue with that.

Not only am I happy to throw a dig at Moores and Parry, I have produced statistical evidence to back up my view that they were "asleep at the wheel" on the stadium issue, bordering on negligence.

Never mind that bollocks. What do you make of Morgan making a under valued offer for LFC from the back of a 'pick up truck'. The fact that Morgan never questioned the takeover from Hicks and Gillett and that Morgan wanted the £5,000 per share accepted, instead of the £4,200 from DIC?

Morgan's experience as you say was more to do with earning millions that bought Wolves than the best interest's of LFC.

You have no fucking idea what FSG think. Your comment is full of shite. Your a clueless fucking prick.

It might have been useful, Alan, if you had read the first line of my post. it read: "I don't think that the Club has confirmed any of that....- it was just a newspaper report."

Rephrased, that means, "FSG have confirmed nothing, we don't know what they are thinking."

Your comprehension is as inadequate as your abuse - it should read ;"You're a....etc"

I hope that helps.

Guest alantkayll

No, you get a grip. Where are you wrong? Let's start with the extra 15,000 seats will be premium which would make us trying to sell nearly what, 20,000 premium seats?

Get to bed.

You have not got a clue.

How is somebody arrogant because they say the truth?

It comes across as arrogant when you dismiss other people's point and opinions by directing abuse towards them. You need to accept most people aren't as lucky as you are to have friends/contacts within the club so their perception and understanding of a situation is obviously going to be based on less info than you've got.

Its probably frustrating when people refuse to accept something you say but thats the negative of getting such info.

Guest alantkayll
It might have been useful, Alan, if you had read the first line of my post. it read: "I don't think that the Club has confirmed any of that....- it was just a newspaper report."

Rephrased, that means, "FSG have confirmed nothing, we don't know what they are thinking."

Your comprehension is as inadequate as your abuse - it should read ;"You're a....etc"

I hope that helps.

Have the club confirmed the newspaper report was bollocks? I'm damn sure if I owned the club and knew it was crap, I'd let people know.

With all due respect, you have not got a clue what FSG think or were they are at with the stadium.

Never mind that bollocks. What do you make of Morgan making a under valued offer for LFC from the back of a 'pick up truck'. The fact that Morgan never questioned the takeover from Hicks and Gillett and that Morgan wanted the £5,000 per share accepted, instead of the £4,200 from DIC?

Morgan's experience as you say was more to do with earning millions that bought Wolves than the best interest's of LFC.

On a thread discussing the prospects of a new stadium I thought that it was worth sticking to stadium issues.

Any businessman aims to buy a football club for as little as possible - that is exactly what FSG did. I do not see lining Moores pockets as a plus.Morgan claimed that the less money that his consortium used to buy out Moores, the more was available for the stadium project which he was committed to. His bid failed- that claim will never be tested.

Steve Morgan was a minor shareholder when Moores sold. He was in no position to “want” anything. He was also not party to the sale – he had no right to a place at the table. He either accepted what Moores agreed, or was bought out anyway.

Morgan was, and is, a successful businessman. He was, and is, a lifelong LFC fan. Make of that what you will. Purslow and Smith ticked both those boxes- with diametrically opposed results.

Guest alantkayll
It comes across as arrogant when you dismiss other people's point and opinions by directing abuse towards them. You need to accept most people aren't as lucky as you are to have friends/contacts within the club so their perception and understanding of a situation is obviously going to be based on less info than you've got.

Its probably frustrating when people refuse to accept something you say but thats the negative of getting such info.

take your point, but xerex has been going on for months about the stadium, without having a clue what the owners think.

Yes I know what they think and yes I speak to them. And yes that is why I get wound up, But bringing Morgan into it has nothing to do with the current regime.

We have no naming rights at the table, its a nothing story apart from we are building afl 2003, yet all I hear is ungrateful bastards moaning about its not this that or the other.

Build a new stadium increase revenue money and spend it wisely on good players. That is the final end.

Guest alantkayll
On a thread discussing the prospects of a new stadium I thought that it was worth sticking to stadium issues.

Any businessman aims to buy a football club for as little as possible - that is exactly what FSG did. I do not see lining Moores pockets as a plus.Morgan claimed that the less money that his consortium used to buy out Moores, the more was available for the stadium project which he was committed to. His bid failed- that claim will never be tested.

Steve Morgan was a minor shareholder when Moores sold. He was in no position to “want” anything. He was also not party to the sale – he had no right to a place at the table. He either accepted what Moores agreed, or was bought out anyway.

Morgan was, and is, a successful businessman. He was, and is, a lifelong LFC fan. Make of that what you will. Purslow and Smith ticked both those boxes- with diametrically opposed results.

Wow, your a million miles away here.

I walked up to Anfield with Steve Mogan after the takeover and when the shit started to hit the fan. I asked Morgan what he thought and he said 'when they said to me, what do you make of the uniforms they were on the pitch' I got suspicious.

'Did you not get suspicious when they offered £5,000 per share when DIC offered £4,200' I asked. He did not know were to look. The same as the rest of those shower of cunts like Terry Smith.

Have they still got there 'Cup Final rights'?

Morgan tried to buy Liverpool on the cheap, and never once looked into the background of hicks and Gillett. He is no differnt to Moores and Parry. Earned millions out of a club they claimed to love.

Have the club confirmed the newspaper report was bollocks? I'm damn sure if I owned the club and knew it was crap, I'd let people know.

With all due respect, you have not got a clue what FSG think or were they are at with the stadium.

I said that the club had made no statement.

If you think that the club failing to contradict a newspaper story makes it true- good for you.

Ian Ayre, at the last forum DID confiirm what FSG think and where they were ( as of 12/7/11), its in the minutes. in summary it says they would like to redevelop, but don't own the land and don't think that a new 60k stadium without naming rights is financialy viable. There is no suggestion of any change since - read it in full for yourself:

Ian Ayre interview on stadium - Liverpool FC