You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

8 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Russia is run by a communist government?

Cool. Story. Bro.

No I’m illustrating the intellectual absurdity of a position that says if the bad guys are opposed to something then I must be in favour of it irrespective of the merits of the issue. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The Russian Communist party voted unanimously in favour of Putin’s anti gay propaganda laws, some of the aggressive anti gay legislation in the world including prohibition on “distorted ideas about the equal social value of traditional and non-traditional sexual relationships." Presumably you will now disown everything that communist parties are in favour of ?  

I will disown everything Putin stands for.  If you look past the label he gives his party, you soon see that they're Fascists, too.

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

No I’m illustrating the intellectual absurdity of a position that says if the bad guys are opposed to something then I must be in favour of it irrespective of the merits of the issue. 

That would, indeed, be intellectually absurd. My enemy's enemy is not, automatically, my friend. Churchill was not a Stalinist.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That would, indeed, be intellectually absurd. My enemy's enemy is not, automatically, my friend. Churchill was not a Stalinist.

Sorry I think I’ve misunderstood then. My understanding was that you supported drag queen story hour not becuase of its intrinsic merits but becuase fascists opposed it.

Have I got that wrong and if so what are the merits for little girls of an adult male parodying their gender in the guise of drag queen story hour ? Please clarify 

Being a leftie used to be so easy. Nice easy list of things to like and dislike, bit of a check list, they know where they stand. Then all of a sudden comes along an issue that gets many of them all of a dither, they want to give a mantra about inclusion and discrimination but its all a bit of a struggle when faced with facts. Then the fascists come along and protest and they latch on to that.

Leftie no like fascist, Rico etc dont like issue that fascist protest about, leftie side against fascist, Rico etc fascist

And AOT has the nerve to accuse people of not being very bright

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Being a leftie used to be so easy. Nice easy list of things to like and dislike, bit of a check list, they know where they stand. Then all of a sudden comes along an issue that gets many of them all of a dither, they want to give a mantra about inclusion and discrimination but its all a bit of a struggle when faced with facts. Then the fascists come along and protest and they latch on to that.

Leftie no like fascist, Rico etc dont like issue that fascist protest about, leftie side against fascist, Rico etc fascist

s'funny how you take objection to people being flag shaggers but are quite happy to use the term "leftie" in a derogatory manner?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

s'funny how you take objection to people being flag shaggers but are quite happy to use the term "leftie" in a derogatory manner?

Ok, for your sensibilities lets refer to them as left wing leaning. Better?

I take offence on the term flag shaggers because the likes of you will brand any people that display a flag as racist/fascist. Calling someone a leftie isn't the same at all, its referring to a set of people with a set of views.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Ok, for your sensibilities lets refer to them as left wing leaning. Better?

I take offence on the term flag shaggers because the likes of you will brand any people that display a flag as racist/fascist. Calling someone a leftie isn't the same at all, its referring to a set of people with a set of views.

fairly sure ive never called anyone a fascist for displaying a flag but go nuts.

saying that i never thought id see the term leftie used in a derogatory manner on a liverpool forum,but you learn something new everyday.  

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

fairly sure ive never called anyone a fascist for displaying a flag but go nuts.

saying that i never thought id see the term leftie used in a derogatory manner on a liverpool forum,but you learn something new everyday.  

The good old purity test.  No true Scotsman. 

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I note you didn't mention racist. But anyway, well done for learning something.

More lies. Not everyone with a union jack (or Israel flag) in their twitter bio is a racist. The racists ones just often tend to have one or both of them flags in their bio. Then tell the world they follow r*ngers or chelsea and the like. 

Uncomfortable truth. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Tennessee passed some low on this drag queen thing... so, that is just another culture war thing imported from America.

What a surprise.

Take it to the trans thread, we're onto gammons now. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Tennessee passed some low on this drag queen thing... so, that is just another culture war thing imported from America.

What a surprise.

There's got to be a Tennessee Williams pun in there somewhere.

14 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Sorry I think I’ve misunderstood then. My understanding was that you supported drag queen story hour not becuase of its intrinsic merits but becuase fascists opposed it.

Have I got that wrong and if so what are the merits for little girls of an adult male parodying their gender in the guise of drag queen story hour ? Please clarify 

I've never said there's any merit to it.

I've said (correctly) that Drag Queen Story Hour is not sexualised and that the performers are no more likely to be paedos than anyone else. I've been shouted down and lied about for stating those facts. 

I oppose the Fascists who harass people going about their harmless business. Always.

12 hours ago, A Red said:

Friday is daytime drinking day, I see.

When you're sober, could you write that out in English?

• Upvote 1