You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Ster Trek Movie? I've left it open for multiple selections.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Ster Trek Movie? I've left it open for multiple selections.

• 1 - The Motion Picture
    • 2 - The Wrath of Khan
    • 3 - The Search for Spock
    • 4 - The Voyage Home
    • 5- The Final Frontier
    • 6 - The Undiscovered Country
    • 7 - Generations
    • 8 - First Contact
    • 9 - Insurrection
    • 10 - Nemesis
    • 11 - Star Trek 2009

Having watched First Contact on Thursday night and really enjoyed it, I'm going to work my way through the series. I've seen three or four of them years ago, although can't really remember which ones.

As a sidenote, I'm a huge fan of Voyager and a little disappointed there was never a movie starring the Voyager cast.

The 2009 remake wasn't a Star Trek film, it was just a good action flick with some humour, nothing more.

Wrath of Khan is my pick, awesome film, awesome cast, awesome score.

[YOUTUBE]IdOv5jpYxUI[/YOUTUBE]

TNG and DS9 (especially from seasons 3 onwards in both cases) were incredible televeision, Voyager was an absolute disgrace, like a poor Saturday morning cartoon.

If you like The Borg you need to see The Best of Both Worlds - it's the best 90 minutes of television drama I've ever seen.

In in fact it'd be worth you buying the TNG TV movies, they're pretty much all superb, especially Redemption and Chain of Command, Ronnie Cox from Robocop and David Warner are absolutely top drawer.

[YOUTUBE]HUDVY6ULs-o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wdbKdmd0ctw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]afrTzqT6m3w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WW5aw2nbMLg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]--YsIht_bEw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]poSKlU0mrnM[/YOUTUBE]

Guest San Don

Big trek fan. Wrath of Khan was a great movie, picking up the story from one of the original 60's tv episodes.

Until First Contact, it was my fave St film but, First Contact is such a great story line. Even this was picked up by Enterprise Strat Trek in one episode!

When Insurrection came out, I wasnt keen on that film but now I've seen it a couple of times, I'd say its probably my current 2nd favourite as Wrath is looking a little dated. Generations was a good film so I'd place that equal 3rd with Wrath.

The two worst ST films imo are The Final Frontier (co) written? by shatner and Nemesis. Considering that was the last trek film, I thought it was garbage. If anyone should have been killed of in that film, it should have beem picard.

That re imaging of ST is just absolute crap imo and doesnt deserve to be mentioned as a trek film.

I used to watch the early TNG episodes but I lost interest in season 2. Can't remember why. I watched Enterprise too, that was woeful.

Shame that, as season 3 is when it really took off. The difference in production values, writing, acting, everything between seasons 2 and 3 are off the scale. Same with DS9 for some reason, no idea why, but season 3 was where it started becoming great.

Enterprise is laughable. In many ways the Star Trek franchise had echoes of a certain sport and that we dare not mention. It's owners took the opinion that the fans would turn up no matter what, so they quite simply stopped investing. The next gen films became progressively worse as did each spin off series because they took the fans for granted, until eventually it died a death and needed a 'reboot'.

Star Trek at its very best is the polar opposite of the Star Wars prequels, not many 'laser fights', but iconic characters that have stayed in the public psyche for generations, superb writing, moral stories and just top-class drama.

The Best of Both Worlds I mentioned earlier is a case in point. There's hardly any battle scenes in it and yet it achieves its drama with dialogue, it's vastly superior to First Contact on every single level.

Brilliant: WoK, First Contatct

V.Good: The Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country

Good: Generations

OK: Insurrection, That new one

Bad:Nemisis

Do not watch: The Motion Picture, Search For Spock, The Final Frontier

Search for Spok is boss! Christopher Lloyd is quality as Kruge and the stealing the Enterprise scene is superb.

The Voyage Home is a good shout, if I was going to show a Star Trek film to someone who'd never seen it before it'd be that, it's just a quality 80s fun film.

The 2009 remake wasn't a Star Trek film, it was just a good action flick with some humour, nothing more.

Wrath of Khan is my pick, awesome film, awesome cast, awesome score.

[YOUTUBE]IdOv5jpYxUI[/YOUTUBE]

TNG and DS9 (especially from seasons 3 onwards in both cases) were incredible televeision, Voyager was an absolute disgrace, like a poor Saturday morning cartoon.

If you like The Borg you need to see The Best of Both Worlds - it's the best 90 minutes of television drama I've ever seen.

In in fact it'd be worth you buying the TNG TV movies, they're pretty much all superb, especially Redemption and Chain of Command, Ronnie Cox from Robocop and David Warner are absolutely top drawer.

[YOUTUBE]HUDVY6ULs-o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wdbKdmd0ctw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]afrTzqT6m3w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WW5aw2nbMLg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]--YsIht_bEw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]poSKlU0mrnM[/YOUTUBE]

I seriously want a spliff and a beer watching Star Trek with this guy. Bromance *swoon*

I think I've only seen two or three of them. Never been a Trekkie, but also never really seen the point of pissing on this particular bonfire. Save for the odd salvo. Looking at it, I should like Star Trek, I just never warmed to it.

But I do remember my Ma taking Me and my mate Sam to see The Search for Spock at the Cannon cinema in Crosby. So I have the fondest memories of that.