You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The origin of the Dalglish/Ferguson rivalry

Section_31

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?

You're the deluded one frankly if you don't think Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool won't be challenging for the league next season.

Kenny knows it and so do the players.

Hahahahaha......

So please tell..... we're are going to finish. 2nd? 3rd? 4th? 1st?

Guest PurpleNose

With less than half of the season left, sitting 12th in the league, a few points above the relegation zone, we've challenged for 4th. Aren't we actually the form team of the whole league since Kenny took over?

The league is weak, relatively speaking. We'll strengthen the squad, flush away some (hopefully all) of the remaining turds, and the manager is a genius.

We'll challenge for the title next season, absolutely no reason why we can't win it.

If Kenny hadn't been hampered with the shite start he was given this year then we'd have been challenging THIS season, god knows what he can do with a full season and some of the right players added in the summer

In hindsight yes, however having someone like the owl in charge highlighted the main goal of this season, and that was to get rid of the parasites.

there was something on Sky before our game with them this year that said they knew each other whilst Ginsoak was still a player at Rangers - not sure if Kenny started out at Rangers as a kid - and that the rivalry started then

The rivalry seems like a myth to me to placate both sets of fans. They seem to mutually respect each other. How could they not? Ferguson does deserve respect for what he has achieved. Although I believe his overall legacy, if you exclude just the out and out winning, will be detrimental to the game. A bit like Mourinho's will be.

Whilst I can understand this mutual respect, the kind of disgusting deference Hodgson paid to Ferguson turned the stomach. That was grovelling, toadying and sycophancy of the worst kind.

I think Kenny's recent book blows all the resentment talk out of the water.

On page 233 he tells how Ferguson rang him after Hillsborough and said "Anything you need ,Kenny, I'm here for you" And that he'd send some fans over to pay tribute.

Kenny says as long as he lives he'll never forget Ferguson's gesture.

He all so talks about how they'd share a drink after games (taggart more than Kenny I expect) and talk about their shared roots on Clydeside.

Rivalry in the game,yes, but not the type some people think.

Guest San Don

Its correct the King pulled out of the scottish world cup squad but I understood ferguson was only the temporary manager at the time?

There was clearly bad blood between them and I seem to remember the King pulled out because he didnt want to play under ferguson and not in support of jocky who wasnt selected.

Im pretty certain it goes back as far as when we played aberdeen in the Champions Cup. We beat them one nil at their gaffe and ferguson moaned. We won at Anfield which ferguson said was only due to Willie Millar scoring an OG.

Whatever the reason is, the King is a good judge of character. ferguson is and always will be, a twat.

Next season we'll be challenging city, Spurs for 4th, the following season we maybe challenging for a top 2 placing.... 3rd season?? Theres a MASSIVE difference coming 2nd to cracking the top spot.

"No one can come here and wave a magic wand"

Roy, time to abandon your tlw account now.

I'm more inclined to think that, as Liverpool player-manager, Kenny correctly decided to devote more time to preparing Liverpool for the season ahead rather than be distracted for a fortnight in the Mexican sun. That argument makes far more sense than a supposed hatred of Ferguson or a protest of solidarity with Jocky.