You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bon Iver fans

The-Sir

Bon Iver Prepare New Album - 24 Mar 2011 | Clash Music Latest Breaking Music News

Bon Iver are close to completing their new album, which could be released as early as June.

Famously written in a remote log cabin, Bon Iver's debut album 'For Emma, Forever Ago' was a slow burning success. Its hushed, plaintive tones seemed natural and unaffected, stunning critics and music fans.

Since then, the group have taken their music around the world. Singer Justin Vernon has embarked on some remarkable projects, including a show with his High School Band and a collaboration with Kanye West.

Released on 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' the track 'Lost In The World' was drawn from a batch of ten completed songs.

Settling back into the studio, Bon Iver began to write new material last year. However Justin Vernon soon found that it had been so long since he had written any new songs that he struggled to get back into a creative mindset.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, the singer explained that he had initially forgotten how to write songs. "Somewhere along the line I forgot how to write songs," he said. "I couldn’t do it anymore with a guitar. It wasn't happening."

"I brought in a lot of people to change my voice - not my singing voice but my role as the author of this band, this project."

Deeply rooted in geography, 'For Emma, Forever Ago' was very much emblematic of a time and place. Returning to this theme, Bon Iver's new album matches each song to a place the band have visited.

Naming some individual tracks, Justin Vernon explained that 'Perth' is "a Civil War-sounding heavy metal song. It's sort of chaotic, dense, jarring."

A world away from the acoustic tones of 'For Emma, Forever Ago' then. Amongst the guest musicians on the new album is saxophonist Colin Stetson who has previously worked with Arcade Fire.

Bon Iver are due to release their new album in June.

Been looking forward to this for years!

Finally, awesome news. Can't wait for June now, new City And Colour album and a new Bon Iver album. I've been listening to Gayngs recently to get a Justin Vernon fix, bit more trippy. This is still one of my favourite things:

[YOUTUBE]jDj44n5bjWU[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This album is immense. Been listening to it for a few weeks now and I totally love it. Fantastic stuff.

Repped for that acapella link as well.

For those into the soft indie rock subtle type vibe and those who havnt got onto the Bon Iver yet, I totally recommend this. My album of the year so far

• 3 weeks later...
The new album really, really disappointed me. One album wonder, methinks.

the first album was the one i really liked,its genius...havnt really listened to the new one yet,just bits and pieces of it,so far it seems ok but there is nothing on it that id have on repeat...not just yet anyway