You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pet Sematary..

AVEEZ

The week before Christmas my Hamster - Hannah - died.. I'd had her for just over 3 years..which as I understand it is isnt a bad innings for a hamster..anyhooo when I realised she was poorly sick I felt bad and hoped she would pull through..but as I noted above, she didnt..

Now, when I discovered her dead on my return from work.. she looked comfy in her wee bed and as such, I didnt feel too bad..however, when I came to bury her in the garden I cried buckets like a little girl...

Where is this going you may wonder..well I also have 2 dogs one of whom is almost 16...and its starting to show... today he wouldnt get out of bed for a walk or even to go in the garden...he seems ok now but I know our time together is ticking by fast...and I'm worried..

When I have mentioned it to people at work the general response is 'its just a dog' but I know after almost 16yrs together this eventually is going to hit me like a ton of bricks..I've had him with me through the best and worst of times, longer than little Aveez has been around..the very thought of it just fills me with utter dread..

Any of you losers had a pet this long, if so do you share my concerns for metal well being when the worst happens?

The week before Christmas my Hamster - Hannah - died.. I'd had her for just over 3 years..which as I understand it is isnt a bad innings for a hamster..anyhooo when I realised she was poorly sick I felt bad and hoped she would pull through..but as I noted above, she didnt..

Now, when I discovered her dead on my return from work.. she looked comfy in her wee bed and as such, I didnt feel too bad..however, when I came to bury her in the garden I cried buckets like a little girl...

Where is this going you may wonder..well I also have 2 dogs one of whom is almost 16...and its starting to show... today he wouldnt get out of bed for a walk or even to go in the garden...he seems ok now but I know our time together is ticking by fast...and I'm worried..

When I have mentioned it to people at work the general response is 'its just a dog' but I know after almost 16yrs together this eventually is going to hit me like a ton of bricks..I've had him with me through the best and worst of times, longer than little Aveez has been around..the very thought of it just fills me with utter dread..

Any of you losers had a pet this long, if so do you share my concerns for metal well being when the worst happens?

Do you have a RoboDog?

Had my dog for 17yrs until he died in september.I was devastated when it happened and was there with him when the vet put him to sleep.

Some people don't understand but when you've had a dog for that long they become part of the family.

I'd suggest maybe taking your dog to see the vet,just incase there's something wrong.

When we were kids we used to have this big Old English Sheepdog called Jasper.

Well, we had Jasper for years and eventually the poor old thing died in the night, peacefully laid up against a living room chair.

Anyway, several hours later that evening the vet came to take our beloved Jasper away to be cremated, but of course Jasper was quite a large dog and this vet told us he'd not long since returned to work following a heart complaint.

So this cruel callous man only insists that me and my little brother carry our Jasper to the car.

It doesn't end there though, because Jasper wouldn't fit into the back of the vets car, so he asked us to stick his body in the fucking boot !

We carry Jasper round the back of the vets car, but then the old fool discovers that due to rigor mortis, our pet dog wouldn't fit in the boot either.

The vets solution ? Break our Jasper's legs with a hammer he'd told us to fetch, before stuffing the dogs broken, abused body into his manky old car boot !!!

Not so much a vet as a necromancer.

Do you have a RoboDog?

No but I'd like one if you have one going begging - boom boom!!

Rust in piece

I dont get it!

Had my dog for 17yrs until he died in september.I was devastated when it happened and was there with him when the vet put him to sleep.

Some people don't understand but when you've had a dog for that long they become part of the family.

I'd suggest maybe taking your dog to see the vet,just incase there's something wrong.

hes been to the vet - there is nothing wrong that a time machine and 10 years off the clock couldnt fix!

When we were kids, our mates - The Bates' - used to breed mice...then turn them into handle-grips for their BMX's !!!

Perhaps Aveez could recycle her hammy as a designer gear stick cover ?

Hmmmmmm this seems unlikely for a number of reasons

1) the Hamster has been dead & buried for a few weeks I'm not sure how good it would be as a designer anything

2) I dont have a BMX and the car has a gear stick cover already

3) and most importantly - its a fucking disgusting idea

How old is the second dog? I had a dog die after around 12 years but had another dog about 2 years younger. Having the second dog around when the first dog died helped. When that dog had to be put to sleep about two years later then it was really bad because the house felt so empty.

My other dog is is about 9 hes a lovely little fella a one eyed jack russel ( he was born with 2 eyes this is not a designer breed!)

To the rest of you Pet Sematary is a really scary film and the bit under the bed with the scalple is the most frightening bit without doubt! but this does not help my immediate worry with my dog.. please try harder with sympathy stories and what not you bastards..

Guest Pistonbroke

We had to have our last dog put down and he was nearly sixteen, back legs were going and it was a struggle for him to walk. Still not got round to getting another dog yet, hits you pretty hard when you've had a family pet for that long and we still miss him. Missus cried buckets but i'm a hard bastard so i just had a bottle of whiskey and waited until i went to bed to cry.

Guess people have different ways of dealing with it, i wanted to get a new dog straight away but the missus wasn't having it.

Found the kids rabbit dead this morning.

Lovely thing she was, only this weekend whilst cleaning her cage out, she wouldn't leave me alone, never done that before..

Found her covered over with straw, something she never did. As if she knew, bless.

[YOUTUBE]MODq81_cDKI[/YOUTUBE]

Nice with a crust.