You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. We need fresh ideas.

I get sick of this sentimentality that gets in the way - Thommo as coach, lets get rush as an attacking coach etc.

We need to move forward with a long term vision and someone who can be in place for 5 years or more.

Exactly, if I was Nando or Pepe ( or Xabi, Masch - both great players we were robbed of), I'd be disgusted at the parochial claptrap we get fed by Sky& Co.

I worry we could be heading back to the Dark Ages of Roy Evans type setups.

Guest davelfc
IMO the ONLY reason they are keeping him is because the final sale was on the 15th of October. I remember reading somewhere that Roy has in his contract a clause that states that the new owners can only sack him 3 months after the sale

So I am waiting patiently for the 16th of Jan to see if he is still our manager. Otherwise the knives are out

Surely they can sack him when they want, if it's monetary concerns they're thinking of then it's a bit late now as any money they might save, Roy has already lost by virtue of how low we will probably finish.

IMO the ONLY reason they are keeping him is because the final sale was on the 15th of October. I remember reading somewhere that Roy has in his contract a clause that states that the new owners can only sack him 3 months after the sale

So I am waiting patiently for the 16th of Jan to see if he is still our manager. Otherwise the knives are out

May be but if they make a point to Roy that they are planning a change, I'm sure Roy won't want to hang on for another 10 days to get his millions. Those kind of clauses doesn't mean much to be honest.

The 3 month clause was to allow us to remove him from his position and only pay him till the end of the season, I think. After that, we are required to pay his contract up.

If there are termination issues, why didn't they just have Rafa as D of Football. And let the players know the score. And let Rafa rebuild with the money that G&H tried to steal from us.

And just supposing they had done this, its clear morale is in the bin, because all the players see is a village idiot as our manager for an indeterminate amt of time.

Comolli is a bloody nobody. Hodgson is worse than a nobody. NESV arrived in Oct, and all they've done is aborted the whole season.

They "know nothing about football". So what the hell are they doing here...? I bet they weren't so slow on the due dilligence for the takeover...

If there are termination issues, why didn't they just have Rafa as D of Football. And let the players know the score. And let Rafa rebuild with the money that G&H tried to steal from us.

And just supposing they had done this, its clear morale is in the bin, because all the players see is a village idiot as our manager for an indeterminate amt of time.

Comolli is a bloody nobody. Hodgson is worse than a nobody. NESV arrived in Oct, and all they've done is aborted the whole season.

They "know nothing about football". So what the hell are they doing here...? I bet they weren't so slow on the due dilligence for the takeover...

Are you fucking mental?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
NESV have done absolutely nothing so far and that is why i did not champion the suits.

SuitsSuckTV2.jpg

Personally, I think it's way too early to be judging NESV.

Yep, without a doubt.

This is the shittiest, slimiest, smelliest shit I've seen in 40 years.

If I were religious I'd pray (actually I might just pray anyway)

Edit: and just seen on the BBC site that a decision WON'T be made today.

Please God (if there is one) let this be over soon.

Bet he's still here for the manc game.

arent you great, maybe we shouldve stayed with g&h.

Nobody is saying that.

But FSV have hardly given us hope that things will be an awful lot better in terms of happiness as a Liverpool supporter.

That's not to say it won't happen, but you can only judge them on how they treat you, and so far it's been a horrible couple of months whereby none of us are now sure what's going on now.

I can't imagine for a second that they would treat the Red Sox fans in this way, if they wanted something done then it seems it would be done yesterday.

"It says a lot about our manager that a rookie with a handful of games in the Premiership, deprived of eight first choice players, can outwit our safe pair of hand with all his 36 years of experience." - auldrob

Liverpool FC fans pleading with Fenway Sports Group to dismiss Roy Hodgson after latest abject Reds defeat

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Nobody is saying that.

But FSV have hardly given us hope that things will be an awful lot better in terms of happiness as a Liverpool supporter.

That's not to say it won't happen, but you can only judge them on how they treat you, and so far it's been a horrible couple of months whereby none of us are now sure what's going on now.

I can't imagine for a second that they would treat the Red Sox fans in this way, if they wanted something done then it seems it would be done yesterday.

Nonsense. They've been here five minutes and they're not treating anybody like anything. They're in the process of making changes. They're not making rash decisions. They're acting responsibly, like owners should. They're not being red-blooded fans. That's exactly the sort of person I want in charge of this football club. A cool head.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes now? We might have people out talking to long term replacements for all you know. We might be waiting on this or that in order to move forward.

I know we've just come out of 'owners are cunts' mode, but we need to give these guys a little breathing room to make the right long term decisions.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
AskSirStamford RT @bensmith_times: Growing feeling is there will not be a statement regarding Roy Hodgson's future today #lfc

1 minute ago

Ben Smith knows fuck all.

Nonsense. They've been here five minutes and they're not treating anybody like anything. They're in the process of making changes. They're not making rash decisions. They're acting responsibly, like owners should. They're not being red-blooded fans. That's exactly the sort of person I want in charge of this football club. A cool head.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes now? We might have people out talking to long term replacements for all you know. We might be waiting on this or that in order to move forward.

I know we've just come out of 'owners are cunts' mode, but we need to give these guys a little breathing room to make the right long term decisions.

Agreed. Almost every single fan knows Roy is just NOT the man for us. And I doubt very much that NESV are thinking anything other than that. They would have talked to various football people to get opinions about Roy. And I expect them to act accordingly but only when a replacement is available.

As you say, for all we know, we might be in talks with various potential candidates right now. Or they genuinely wanted to give Roy time and may be they have just reached the final minute of that time. Who knows? You are right, we need someone to take their time and make a decision for the long term good of the club. Appointing a manager is the most important of all, we get it wrong again and this time next year we will be having the same kind of chat, while every decision is easily putting us back by 3 years.

In all fairness to NESV, I don't think they, nor anybody else expected this shitfest! I was annoyed that he was talking up UEFA cup qualification and getting away with it!

They probably felt that they could give him 'that' season and move him on, I don't think anybody has expected this.