You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good, I fully understand them wanting to make a permanent appointment. But sometimes what you want to do and what you have to do are two different things. If they cannot make their permanent appointment now, then they have two choices. Make a temporary change or allow the current situation to continue and likely worsen. For the good of the club, they now have no other option but to make a change, preferably permanently but if not temporarily.

Okay, so what do you suggest? I suppose that is better phrased as who you suggest. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't appoint Kenny because if he got it right their hands would be forced into appointing him permanently, which in their minds would be stupid if he's not hte man they want to take the club forward.

Guest The Chimp

I just don't get why they wouldn't want a manager who in this instance (Ghost's post) would have proven to be a successful appointment. It doesn't make sense.

See that lad there?

Yeah?

Well you know I'd lost most of my money?

Yeah.

He's just quadrupled what I started off with.

Sound!

No not really, I wanted Jimmy from around the corner. Now I'll have to keep him on. Aint life shit sometimes!?

Okay, so what do you suggest? I suppose that is better phrased as who you suggest. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't appoint Kenny because if he got it right their hands would be forced into appointing him permanently, which in their minds would be stupid if he's not hte man they want to take the club forward.

To me, Kenny is the only answer.

If they're very keen to bring in someone else, a younger manager maybe, in the Summer then I'm sure Kenny would do a job for the club on a temporary basis.

If Kenny's a success, then appoint him full time. I wouldn't see it as them being forced in to appointing him permanently. If he has done a good job, rallied the troops, recovered our league form, maybe even won us a trophy, and brought fans back in to the ground, then I see it as in their interests to appoint him permanently. A successful Liverpool is more beneficial to to them than anything else.

People say he's been out of football for too long. He's still in the loop, he's at Anfield on probably a daily basis and has been for years. He's the second most successful living British manager and he knows the club and the fans more than anyone else. He'll get the fans onside, likewise with the players. Anyone not pulling their weight under Kenny won't have a prayer. To me, it's a total no brainer.

They would be stupid NOT to appoint Kenny.

Other clubs would kill to have their greatest ever player and one of their most successful former managers want to manage them again. So many former playing heroes go straight into management, and people complain Kenny has been away for too long! He has to be given the chance again, especially after being snubbed in favour of the bungling Woy Botchson this past summer. Come on NESV, do the right thing!!!!

If they're very keen to bring in someone else, a younger manager maybe, in the Summer then I'm sure Kenny would do a job for the club on a temporary basis.

If Kenny's a success, then appoint him full time. I wouldn't see it as them being forced in to appointing him permanently. If he has done a good job, rallied the troops, recovered our league form, maybe even won us a trophy, and brought fans back in to the ground, then I see it as in their interests to appoint him permanently. A successful Liverpool is more beneficial to to them than anything else.

People say he's been out of football for too long. He's still in the loop, he's at Anfield on probably a daily basis and has been for years. He's the second most successful living British manager and he knows the club and the fans more than anyone else. He'll get the fans onside, likewise with the players. Anyone not pulling their weight under Kenny won't have a prayer. To me, it's a total no brainer.

Kenny and Carragher?

You're missing my point, I think. If they appoint Kenny on an interim basis and he gets it right, but he's not the man they have lined up, they can't win in the eyes of supporters. Kenny is a legend, if he gets it right popular opinion will be wildly in his favor, which is problematic for the appointment of a permanent replacement.

I'm not saying I agree with this, but I'm fairly certain that's why we haven't seen this done already. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Kenny and Carragher?

Seriously Stevie? We are in a world of shite. We need strong experienced people at the helm. Not someone who is only wanted because he is loved by the fans. Maybe have Carra as one of the coaches so he can start learning the trade, but no where near any decision making for quite a while yet. There is nothing to suggest Carra is even remotely capable of even been a number 2 at a big club yet.

Some bloke in Wales put £2k on him to go next in William Hills

I tend be be skeptical when it comes to bookies. I remember last season or the one before there was a bloody huge bet on Ribery coming to us, and the papers went mad and that was all bullshit.

I will believe he is gone when the offal or lfc channel say it and not until that moment.

Kenny and Carragher?

If they believe that would be a good partnership then great. I'd personally prefer to see Carra continue in a playing capacity for the time being as I still think there's a few years in him yet, but I certainly wouldn't complain if they felt it would be good for the club in the long run if Carra was given a senior role. I'm not sure about an assistant though, not at this stage.

We'd do a lot worse than going back to the old 'boot room' culture at the moment. This club has become a shadow of it's former self, I see no harm in bringing in the one man who knows more about us than anyone alive. Let's get a bit of fuckin pride back, I'm sick of seeing my team roll over against shite like Blackburn and Wolves, sick of seeing a manager who almost prepares you for defeat each time he opens his mouth. Get Kenny in, and let's get atleast a few shreds of the old Liverpool Way back.