You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anybody listen to Radio One during the day? It only crosses the quality threshold of "half-decent" after about 7pm.

Radio 6 for music / Radio 5 for discussion every time. 4's too highbrow for my unsophisticated tastes.

As for Moyles, I have only heard him about twice. He wasn't funny in the slightest. There was also a bloke who was on in the afternoon on Radio 1 that I heard once. His idea of comedy was so puerile I had to turn it off. I like wit, don't mind controversy if there's a bit of satire to it, but just saying "I was so drunk last night I got my cock out" doesn't make me chuckle. Unless it's said by your mate as it actually did happen.

I saw Moyles on the telly once. He just looks un-endearingly grumpy.

His wage bill must consist of a group of "up for it young people" (ie some witless social barnacle bloke and some charmless "shocked by blokey behaviour" thick girl, both probably on the brow of 30/35) who laugh at his every utterance. He has to take them everywhere with him to feed his ego and stave off the self-doubt, the demons of realisation that in actual fact he is not actually as funny as the bloke at the bar in his local who he craves to be. A clear case of the emperor's new clothes.

Devastated that that odius cunt Nesbitt is in The Hobbit. That has the potential to ruin the experience for me.

Tell me about it old bean, tell me about it. I heard rumours about it and laughed them off, only to discover that the rumours are based in truth. Very bastard well annoyed about it.

Yeah, he's shit. Didn't mind him much back in the day as he was on before Mark and Lard so I put up with it until they came on.

I miss Mark and Lard

I echo your sentiment. Radio 1 went piss poor after these two left. They were genuinely funny.

Mark Radcliffe is a bit too Middle-of-the-road-mongous now he's on Radio Quiet

The best thing they did was without a doubt Fat Harry White.

[YOUTUBE]kon8B6eFeXc[/YOUTUBE]

Crossed the picket lines during the BBC strike a few years back. When badgered by them, he said he'd give them some support on his show. He never mentioned it once.

Spent a few days the other week loudly complaining about not being paid when it was a couple of days past payday, and declaring all responsible for his pay useless. With that I agree with him - the useless fuckers gave the talentless behemoth one of the biggest salaries in radio.

The man is absolute poison. An opportunist gobshite of the highest order - no different to millions of other noisy no-marks but in the right places and now with enough vacuous zealots to support him.

Moyles disappeared up his arse a while ago. Before that I did find his show entertaining.

What hasnt helped either is 'Comedy' (Breach of Trade Descriptions Act) Dave, and Dom who does the news, thinking they are personalities of any sort and trying to do their own little acts.

The one funny thing about Moyles now is how awkward he is on tv.

I echo your sentiment. Radio 1 went piss poor after these two left. They were genuinely funny.

Mark Radcliffe is a bit too Middle-of-the-road-mongous now he's on Radio Quiet

The best thing they did was without a doubt Fat Harry White.

[YOUTUBE]kon8B6eFeXc[/YOUTUBE]

The rabbai Lionel Blair was their finest moment I think.

"...and I thought, that's a lot like life".

• 7 months later...
Think Mark Lamarr got it right when apologising to Moyles because he didn't like being on Buzzcocks

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word whilst 'die you oily pig in a dunce hat' slips off the tongue quite easily"

Ha.

Got his own Friday night TV show now it seems. Baffling, an absolute turd of a man.

It says a lot about the fuckwits who populate this country and create an audience for the type of cuntdribble "entertainment" which fat wankers like Moyles deliver.

This country is full of fucking idiots. X Factor, Moyles, Michael McIntyre, Big Brother, Essex-whatever-the-fuck-it was. Meaningless, pointless drivel demanded by the masses to appease their pathetic desire for unchallenging, thoughtless, bland, peak time entertainment before they stumble off to bed and try to avoid having sex with the disappointing, fat, stinking, snoring mess they married.

I'd have 90% of the population executed if I was king. Cunts.

It says a lot about the fuckwits who populate this country and create an audience for the type of cuntdribble "entertainment" which fat wankers like Moyles deliver.

This country is full of fucking idiots. X Factor, Moyles, Michael McIntyre, Big Brother, Essex-whatever-the-fuck-it was. Meaningless, pointless drivel demanded by the masses to appease their pathetic desire for unchallenging, thoughtless, bland, peak time entertainment before they stumble off to bed and try to avoid having sex with the disappointing, fat, stinking, snoring mess they married.

It isn't 90% of the people who watch it though, is it? Even the X-Factor only pulls in an average of 14 million viewers at most - out of a population of 67 million.

EDIT : I think you're just trying to disguise your serial-killing tendancy.

Amen.

My hatred is consuming me. The only people I don't hate these days are William Shatner, Bob Mortimer and Bruce Boxleitner.