You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Captain Jonjo

Lucas needs to be put back into the middle with meirelis or gerrard, ever since he stopped playing ie this season the team has become more shit lol, anyway i think Lucas' morale has dipped this season as well since his been dropped to the bench, in a place of a shit dane.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas needs to be put back into the middle with meirelis or gerrard, ever since he stopped playing ie this season the team has become more shit lol, anyway i think Lucas' morale has dipped this season as well since his been dropped to the bench, in a place of a shit dane.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Gerrard and Merieles.

Johnson Right

Cole left

With Agger in front of the defence.

And if Gerrard or Merieles are injured then play Spearing.

Lucas Kuyt Poulsen Maxi all gone forever.:yes:

To be fair, we HAD to get rid of Aquilani. He has huge wages, and offers almost nothing to the squad, as he can't play a central midfield position in England.

I think Poulsen just isn't able to track the play in front of him and judge where he needs to be like De Jong, Busquets, etc. and he isn't an athletic midfielder like Sissoko, Mascherano, Mikel, etc. who can run and run and run... so it doesn't matter if hes slightly out of position.

He's not going to get better, though, but the team could help him out more.

Why did we? I dont see how we gad to get rid of him. He never had a decent run in the side so nobdy knows how he would have coped and when he did play last year he played well.

Why did we? I dont see how we gad to get rid of him. He never had a decent run in the side so nobdy knows how he would have coped and when he did play last year he played well.

We didnt have to get rid of him at all. Should have kept him and forgot about Poulsen.

Guest Captain Jonjo
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Gerrard and Merieles.

Johnson Right

Cole left

With Agger in front of the defence.

And if Gerrard or Merieles are injured then play Spearing.

Lucas Kuyt Poulsen Maxi all gone forever.:yes:

I prefer Gerrard behind Torres tbh, they had a lethal partnership in the first two years when torres came. I don't mind Lucas or Meirelis, in an ideal world it would be nice to have a better CM to go with Raul.

Guest PurpleNose
You didn't even need to fuck off babel, you have poulsens wages on top of his 5m transfer fee which combines would have paid aquilani's wages for a couple of years.

I've added a bonus.

Probably for the cunts unfortunately.

What is absolutely staggering is that managers look at these players and pay a massive fee and salary.

We can usually see after a half a dozen games the player is not up to it. Poulsen is not a scapegoat we are just saying what we see, he is not at the level expected.

I would have Lucas in the team before him, I honestly think he offers slightly more. I must add I would have neither near the starting eleven.

There were loads of players we could have bought who would have been better than Poulsen. Absolutely loads. The fact that Roy went for someone purely on the basis that he had worked for him before, rather than because he is good enough for our club, is one of the things that raised doubts about him in my mind.

What is absolutely staggering is that managers look at these players and pay a massive fee and salary.

We can usually see after a half a dozen games the player is not up to it. Poulsen is not a scapegoat we are just saying what we see, he is not at the level expected.

I would have Lucas in the team before him, I honestly think he offers slightly more. I must add I would have neither near the starting eleven.

In Poulsen’s case fans on here that knew of him were pointing out exactly what his shortcomings were and how unlikely he was to be a success before we’d signed him. Aquillani was a similarly baffling case - lightweight, injury prone, struggled to find a role in the Roma team etc. Ideal replacement for Alonso then... How the hell was that decision made?

Our last 3 managers seem to have spent half of their transfer budgets signing full backs that can’t defend, 6’3” centre backs that are weak in the air, midfielders that either can’t tackle or pass a ball accurately over 10ft or both and strikers that rarely score goals.

From what I remember of the 70s most of the players then could actually play football, some of them were just better at it than others. Today we seem to spend most of the time watching teams packed with football players that don’t appear to be able to play football at all.

I just don’t get the modern game at all and, no, I’m not Roy Hodgson.

We didnt have to get rid of him at all. Should have kept him and forgot about Poulsen.

Yep, he has more creativity about him. We could have kept and pushed Gerrard back with Meireles and Aquilani playing behind Torres. And the 5 million we spunked on Poulsen could have went towards a striker. Juve got some deal, offload a yard dog and bring in a half decent player who might actually create something in a game or grab you a goal.

Yep, he has more creativity about him. We could have kept and pushed Gerrard back with Meireles and Aquilani playing behind Torres. And the 5 million we spunked on Poulsen could have went towards a striker. Juve got some deal, offload a yard dog and bring in a half decent player who might actually create something in a game or grab you a goal.

aquillani was shite. stop rewriting history