You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Lurtz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was at Swansea at the time and it was on a part time basis so stranger things have happened

So he was having some success in the premier league and being talked up to fuck, just seems weird to me that he's take a role as anyone's number 2. He's far too self assured.

So he was having some success in the premier league and being talked up to fuck, just seems weird to me that he's take a role as anyone's number 2. He's far too self assured.

Seems the sort to always want to improve and broaden his horizens from when he speaks and how his coaching/managerial career has progressed, don't think there is anyway he'd accept it now if offered but it doesn't surprise me from back then, he'd have probably been groomed to be the next England manager as well had he taken the assistant role and carried on doing well at club level

'Arry says he received many texts from England internationals about becoming the International boss.

Silly billy footballers, surely they knew that was pointless exercise, given that they would never get a response as 'Arry had 'never sent a text' as he said in court under oath.

• Upvote 1

Thought this was hilarious, sounds like he thought it was the FA panel.

There was a chap wearing a bright white jacket in the middle of  January. Another had clothes that were covered in stains.

These were the people who would decide my fate as I sat in court fighting tax evasion charges.

They would never smile; they showed no friendliness at all. Just a blank. What were they thinking?

Some strange thoughts went through my head. What if they were all Arsenal fans? What if they all hated Tottenham Hotspur?

You know what some people are like. ‘Harry Redknapp? Don’t like him, never liked him.’ Suppose I got one like that.

• Upvote 1

Just seen a bit from Harry's autobiography. He says that after a defeat for QPR at Everton he didn't sleep and thought he was getting ill after he looked in a mirror and though that he "didn't look right". Which would suggest that Harry doesn't use mirrors too often or he actually thinks that sometimes he "looks right".

I'm going to buy this book.

• Upvote 1

Has the liar claimed the Gerrard sent him a text? Because Gerrared is denying it. Someone's lying. My money is on the lying fraudster Harry Redknapp.

FAO HMRC: I hope for his sake his reply said "woof woof," seeing as part of his tax evasion defence was that he can't use a mobile phone (as pointed out on The Football Ramble).

just seen gerrards interview about the text then with the owl sat next to him. says he just told jamie redknapp to wish him all the best if he did get the job. 

then went on to say he was delighted the owl got the job as he has played his most consistent football under him. (obviously he means for england) 

the owl sat next to him looking smug as fyck. 

fuck off owl, what he really wanted to say was "i rang jamie up getting him to make sure harry got the job as the thought of working under hodgson was giving him sleepless nights, hoot hoot" 

Yeah, I must admit as much as Twitch is so obviously a pathological liar, in this instance I suspect Gerrard's not quite telling it how it is so much as how he has to under the circumstances.

Having worked under Hodgson once and seen at close quarters how prehistoric and totally devoid of creativity it was, I really can't see him having been up for that again, but now he's here and he's made him captain, what else can he say?

Not so much "even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" in this instance, as a snidey knock-off watch bought from those twats who hang around at Fleet Services.

It's not really that surprising Redknapp coming out with comments in his book that contradict the things he claimed under oath when in court. I'm certain that both he and Gerrard are being economical with the truth with regards to what was or wasn't said about Redknapp getting the England job, but only one of them has gone on record as saying that they've never lied and that they are far too honest for their own good. The stuff about texting also jumps out.

I think Redknapp is just bitter about missing out on the England job as well as getting the sack at Spurs, but that is his own fault really. He portrayed himself as an illiterate buffoon who knows fuck all about managing finances, so any high profile employer was bound to worry about the image of their organisation with such a person at the helm.