You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest simon

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking aren't you.

Any credible Journalist (who professes to be a Red) would do the right thing and slaughter the Owners for the state of the Club,

Not Bascombe, he'd rather kiss Purslow's arse and discredit the previous Manager (who he had issues with) than bring the Owners to account.

Bascombe you Cunt,how can you profess to being a Red and put your head on the pillow.

I don't think Bascombe has free reign over his articles, not to the extent Barrett and Evans have.

Not that some of the stuff he has come out with can be defended, but by the same token. This whole notion of those who have slagged off Rafa in the press being briefed by Purslow is both madness and paranoia and does nothing to help the cause you want the likes of Bascombe to press with.

Guest simon
What did Tony say on talk sport Simon I have missed that as I don't listen to the shite.

That everyone will leave because Roy is in charge. Pretty much.

so rat boy was angling for a move away while were in the middle of a disastrous yet very important season.

maybe rafa had reason to treat him the way he did,not that he treated him badly,we cant just go and take one persons word when theres another side of the story.

Yossi isn't some no mark, he's the captain of his international side.

Don't get me wrong, i think he couldn't wait to leave the club, but he clearly has much resentment for Benitez and he highlights games that stick in my memory very well.

He was a shit man manager.

I didn't want Rafa out meself but if Yossis view was shared by a couple of others in the dressing room then you can see why Rafa got the bullet. At a time when Yossi was literally our only creative influence he was taking shit on a level like that. Fucking madness.

I cant blame the lad for getting out, its just his choice of club that has upset me. I think he weighed Chelsea up against the likes of some of them Russian clubs he was being linked with and it must have been an infinitely better prospect to become a rent boy.

I wonder now whether Rafa had really 'lost' the dressing room. I really do after reading that.

to be fair Yossi's interview does give the likes of Riera more credit as it does kind of back him up but until Stevie,Carra,Pepe,Agger,Torres,Masch,Kuyt or Johnson come out and slaughter Rafa (which wont happen) i dont think it is to be believed 100% more likely the next ones to come and speak out will be Babel, Crouch(when we've signed him again!) and Pennant

Yossi says why he left - Torres 70 million price tag - Scharner and Cole linked - Topic dedicated to Liverpool FC's South African fans

Posted Sat July 10 2010 11:47 PM

All from the Sunday Edition of The News of The World's Chris Bascombe

Yossi Benayoun today accuses Rafa Benitez of making his life a misery at Liverpool.

In an exclusive News of the World interview, the Israeli midfielder blasts Benitez for forcing out of Anfield and insists the Spaniard:

*NEVER treated him with any respect.

*DESTROYED his confidence.

*TRIED to break him.

*ORDERED him to find another club.

Manager Benitez was sacked by Liverpool at the end of the season after a disastrous trophyless campaign which ended with the Reds failing to even qualify for the Champions League.

And Benayoun, 30, reveals the truth about his volatile relationship with the man who has now replaced Jose Mourinho as boss of European Cup winners Inter Milan.

"Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool," said Benayoun, who joined Premier League champions Chelsea in a £5.5million move earlier this month.

"There is only one reason - Rafa Benitez.

"I agreed to join Chelsea before Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool's new manager.

"It's a dream for me such a fantastic club have given me this opportunity.

"But I want Liverpool fans to know the truth and for them to know I made up my mind to leave a long time ago because of Benitez.

"He never treated me with the respect I deserved. If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit.

"When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game.

"And when the fans wanted me to play, Benitez told me he couldn't understand why."

Booed

Benayoun, who scored nine goals for Liverpool last season, added: "There are many examples of him treating me badly.

"On two occasions early last season, against Fulham and Lyon, the fans booed when I was subbed.

"They thought I was playing well but Benitez told me he was surprised the fans booed because I was not good enough.

"It was as if the fans' reaction worked against me. The situation got worse afterwards.

"He told me I was a better player as a substitute instead of starting in the team.

"Then, when we played Birmingham after I hadn't started a game for a month, he didn't tell me I was starting until two hours before the game.

"He tried to destroy my confidence. You can't treat a player like this and expect him to be happy.

"I felt so unhappy but, out of respect to the club, I never spoke out. The players and the people at the top of the club knew how I felt.

"I don't want to speak on behalf of other players at Liverpool, but people know what happened to Albert Riera and Xabi Alonso.

"It was the same for me. Benitez tried to break me like he broke Riera.

"I was sure he wanted me to attack him in the Press during the season so he could turn the fans against me, so I kept quiet.

"I felt he was waiting for me to make a mistake so he could use it against me.

Deal

"On the day before the final game of last season at Hull, Benitez pulled me to one side after training and said: 'You will not be in the squad for this game. Thank you for your three years of service, now you can call your agent to do a deal with another club.'

"That's when Chelsea made an offer and the deal was done before Benitez left."

But Benayoun admits his relationship with Benitez deteriorated on the FIRST day of last season.

"The previous season when we finished second in the Premier League, I was happy with my performance in the final months but I was not sure if the manager thought I was a good player," he added.

"I told Benitez I would go if he wanted, but he told me I was important and he would give me a new contract, which I signed.

"But then for the first game of the new season I wasn't in the team again. The manager ignored me when I wanted to know why.

"After he ignored me for a long time, he needed me for Europe when Ryan Babel was suspended.

"I said: 'You need me now and I will always do my best.'

"I scored against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final. It was a really emotional moment for me. The fans could see what it meant to me.

"I couldn't say at the time, but I knew this was my last season at Liverpool and I wanted a special end.

"I thought: 'No matter how the manager is treating me, I'm showing the fans the club is in my heart.'

"I knew I had to get away from Benitez. A lot of people at Liverpool treated me well and asked me to stay, but I could not turn down such a massive club as Chelsea.

"I could not risk waiting to see if Benitez kept his job.

"The club said they understood why I was unhappy and promised they'd let me leave in the summer if an offer came while Benitez was manager.

Privilege

"It is good for Liverpool Benitez has gone, but it was too late for me.

"I know everyone working there will be a lot happier and I believe Roy Hodgson is a good choice.

"It was a privilege for me to play for such a great club in front of great fans. I thought I would be staying for a lot longer."

Thank God you were able to survive the dark overlord's evil attempts to break you, Yossi. I've never heard, nor could I imagine, such dastardly schemes as, and I shudder to even type it, ignoring you. You're such a brave man for fighting through it, thank God he's gone now, though. He can't hurt you where he is.

Who is this " the club"?

Guest simon
I didn't want Rafa out meself but if Yossis view was shared by a couple of others in the dressing room then you can see why Rafa got the bullet. At a time when Yossi was literally our only creative influence he was taking shit on a level like that. Fucking madness.

I cant blame the lad for getting out, its just his choice of club that has upset me. I think he weighed Chelsea up against the likes of some of them Russian clubs he was being linked with and it must have been an infinitely better prospect to become a rent boy.

I wonder now whether Rafa had really 'lost' the dressing room. I really do after reading that.

Bingo were getting there YOU ARE SPOT ON THE MONEY.

First stage is denial, you have obviously passed that. You are clearly at the anger stage now. I wouldn't want the bitterness to consume you as I kinda like you to be honest.

You should know about denial. You deny your own serialized hatred of Rafa paraded on here for two years even when we were 2nd and scoring more points than ever before. You and Bascombe deserve each other.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Yossi isn't some no mark, he's the captain of his international side.

Don't get me wrong, i think he couldn't wait to leave the club, but he clearly has much resentment for Benitez and he highlights games that stick in my memory very well.

He was a shit man manager.

His international side is the world powerhouse that is Isreal. Don't make it sound like he's a Beckenbauer or a Pele.

Firstly, let's see what interview he gives in a couple of years, after starting 10 games a season for Chelsea.

Secondly, the same Yossi that was moaning about a lack of games just 2 weeks into his first season with us, but all of a sudden wants to be honest with the fans? Do me a ginormous fuckin' favour.

See ya, Yossi. Gonna miss seeing you scrabble about on all fours like a terrier 'cause someone's blown you off the ball again.

Yossi. Bascombe is just a mouthpiece here. Any journalist would publish that interview if given to them.

I don't have any particular beef with Bascombe (only on very few occasions), as a quick search of my posts involving him will show. But his strong dislike of Benitez is well known, and he's been a carefully chosen mouthpiece.

As for Yossi. Well, he played well against us in the Cuop Final, and on the back of that Benitez hated him so muich he bought him. He gave him a shot at the top of the Premiership, and Champion's League football. Which other teams were in for him at the time. If I rmember correctly we weren't fighting off Chelsea, Arsenal or Man United. On the back of his time with Liverpool he's now got a gig with Chelsea. Seems to me Benitez did his career some good.

he's a fucking no mark to me. He could be a fucking suicide bomber on the fucking gaza strip for all i care. He played well for 3 fucking months at the end of 08/09 season, the big nosed jew. Maybe if he wasn't to busy fucking counting his money he'd have played better last season.

yep. Hes a no mark. Couldnt give a fuck what he says. He obviously didnt want to play for this club.

Guest the boy

Ask the likes of Stam and Van Nistelrooy how they feel towards Ferguson. Or Raul of Capello. Far greater players than Yossi Benayoun have fallen out with their managers. I'd wager that 10 or 15 years from now, when Benayoun is a pundit for some no-mark Israeli station, having finished his illustrious career playing the odd Carling Cup game for Chelsea, Benitez will still be competing at the highest level in Europe and domestically.

Thanks remains for Madrid and Fulham, however.

That's what's going to happen though with articles like this, they're going to cause more division and sniping with people focusing on all the wrong issues.

Round and round we go.

Those divisions and sniping were clearly in evidence last week as well especially by that Paul Rice fella Coro but nobody really gave a fuck then.

He was also guilty of focussing on all the wrong issues to a point with his journalists appraisal wouldn't you say?