You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Does anyone even in their wildest dreams honestly believe that the government wants to privatise the police?

This fucks me off for two reasons. Firstly, it's a gross perversion of the reality, and I hate seeing lies perpetuated. Secondly, because I want an effective opposition in this country, and when they're spending all their time scaremongering with this shit, they're not doing their job.

Completely? No.

As much as they think they could get away with and not take any flak for it blaming the police themselves? Too fucking right.

Does anyone even in their wildest dreams honestly believe that the government wants to privatise the police?

This fucks me off for two reasons. Firstly, it's a gross perversion of the reality, and I hate seeing lies perpetuated. Secondly, because I want an effective opposition in this country, and when they're spending all their time scaremongering with this shit, they're not doing their job.

So if they don't, then why is there a tender document stating that they do?

Do Labour often do their scaremongering by forcing West Midlands and Surrey constabulatry to issue a tender document that then has to be dug out by a reporter?

Key extract of contract note for bidders for police services | UK news | guardian.co.uk

What part of the bit at the bottom of the first page where they are asking private companies to investigate crime isn't privatising the police?

And effective opposition? You've got some fucking balls. You knock on doors for the party with veto power and you'll still have a pop at the opposition? Fucking laughable. Risible.

So if they don't, then why is there a tender document stating that they do?

It's not "privatisation of the police".

And effective opposition? You've got some fucking balls. You knock on doors for the party with veto power and you'll still have a pop at the opposition? Fucking laughable. Risible.

The opposition are not doing their job. They should be providing constructive opposition, not being so opportunistic and deceitful. So, yes, I'll have a pop at them. If they're not part of the solution, they're part of the problem.

The opposition are not doing their job. They should be providing constructive opposition, not being so opportunistic and deceitful. So, yes, I'll have a pop at them. If they're not part of the solution, they're part of the problem.[/QUOT

No, just do what your lot done and kid people into voting for your policies then do an about turn on every one because your shithouse of a leader has'nt got the balls to stand up to Cameron

The opposition are not doing their job. They should be providing constructive opposition, not being so opportunistic and deceitful. So, yes, I'll have a pop at them. If they're not part of the solution, they're part of the problem.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRmElxcwFyEZRI9Zv4j1.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcTtfmiXcx26RZH9dy_4O.jpg

Nick-Clegg-tuition-fees-pledge.jpg

I don't see that as deceptive, at most you could say it was selling out. If it was pre-planned, then it would be unbelievably stupid to sign a pledge.

Nick Clegg pre-election... "AV is a miserable little compromise." Sad to say I was stupid enough to vote Lib Dem in the hope of real voting reform.

That's not really deception, a miserable little compromise would still be better than nothing (obviously the public didn't agree).

I don't see that as deceptive, at most you could say it was selling out. If it was pre-planned, then it would be unbelievably stupid to sign a pledge.

That's not really deception, a miserable little compromise would still be better than nothing (obviously the public didn't agree).

Ok. You've sold out. That's a pretty bad thing to do don't you think?

Completely irrelevant whether pre-planned or not.

Pledge (Binding promise), noun act of giving one's word, agreement, assurance, attestation, avowal, avowance, commitment, compact, contract, covenant, guarantee, oath, obligation, promise, promissory oath, promissum, solemn declaration, solemn word, statement on oath, undertaking, vow, warranty, word, word of honor

Well, I would certainly say it is very far from ideal.

One of my best friends is a lib dem councillor and it is him I feel sorry for - no ministerial car for him, no government perks - just the flak he gets on the street from people affected by the cuts. The local lib dems have worked their arses off around here (helped by the Iraq war) and they all feel disenchanted (I know this for a fact) - the only person who has benefitted is Lynne Featherstone.

Can you expand on how private companies investigating crime, arresting people and following through the prosecution isn't privatisation of the police? I know that you aren't going to make some weak point about the fact it isn't the whole police force, because, you know, that would be transparent and of no real use to the people of Surrey.

Nobody thinks you actually care about an effective opposition. Nobody. You're in full yellow rosette mode again. You want opposition to your own government? You're dissapointed there isn't better oposition to your own policies? I don't want to have to point out the glaringly obvious here but you can stop any policy you want, you just need to have the will.

Can you expand on how private companies investigating crime, arresting people and following through the prosecution isn't privatisation of the police? I know that you aren't going to make some weak point about the fact it isn't the whole police force, because, you know, that would be transparent and of no real use to the people of Surrey.

Oh ace, you pre-rubbish the answer I was about to give. But of course outsourcing of a handful of police functions isn't privatisation of the police. Of course it isn't. Having the police canteen run by a private company isn't privatisation of the police. Having Office Depot supply the police stationery isn't privatisation of the police. Etc etc.

Nobody thinks you actually care about an effective opposition. Nobody.

I don't give a fuck what you think to be honest.

You're in full yellow rosette mode again. You want opposition to your own government? You're dissapointed there isn't better oposition to your own policies?

I want a constructive opposition, yes, obviously. There's only so much a few dozen Lib Dems in government can do It's the total opposite of yellow rosette mode. People call me tribal but it's as far from the truth as you can get. I just want liberal policies, I don't care who proposes them. I am disappointed in Ed, he is a lefty, but he's a lefty liberal. I want him to come up with lefty liberal alternatives, not lefty scaremongering.

You are free to believe or disbelieve me as you want, I know the truth doesn't matter to you.

Oh ace, you pre-rubbish the answer I was about to give. But of course outsourcing of a handful of police functions isn't privatisation of the police. Of course it isn't. Having the police canteen run by a private company isn't privatisation of the police. Having Office Depot supply the police stationery isn't privatisation of the police. Etc etc.

I'll ask you again, shall I? How is the investigation of criminals, their arrest and prosecution by private firms, as stated in the tender document, not privatisation of policing?

Stop trying to dodge the issue, we're not talking about stationary and canteens.

A simple "Oh yes, that is actually privatising policing" will suffice.

I'll ask you again, shall I? How is the investigation of criminals, their arrest and prosecution by private firms, as stated in the tender document, not privatisation of policing?

Stop trying to dodge the issue, we're not talking about stationary and canteens.

A simple "Oh yes, that is actually privatising policing" will suffice.

I'm not dodging anything, and I'm not going to agree with you when I think you're wrong.

First of all, perhaps you can cite the bit from the tender document which you think will give private operators the right to investigate, arrest and prosecute.

I'm not dodging anything, and I'm not going to agree with you when I think you're wrong.

First of all, perhaps you can cite the bit from the tender document which you think will give private operators the right to investigate, arrest and prosecute.

You mean like I did in my earlier post on the issue? Interesting that you think I'm wrong but seem not in possession of facts, just presumptions.

Key extract of contract note for bidders for police services | UK news | guardian.co.uk

The bottom bullet points show, very clearly, that pretty much all aspects of policing are on the table for privatisation. From arrests and investigation to distrupting criminal networks and crime scene management.

So if you'd like to take back your allegations that it's all just scaremongering, that would be great.