You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who are better Glasto Headliners: U2 or Gorillaz?

Who are better: U2 or Gorrilaz?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are better: U2 or Gorrilaz?

• Gorillaz. Bono is a cunt
    • U2, but Bono is still a cunt
    • I hate both of these bands, but Bono is still a cunt
    • I don't think Bono is a cunt, therefore I myself by definition am a cunt.

What's wrong with comparing Albarn to Bowie? Regardless of the difference in volume and quality of output, both of them are real innovators.

It's beginning to feel like the ending of The Omega Man where people believe that they are normal when in fact they are all decaying zombies.

"Ground control to Major Tom...." = Instantly recognised as brilliant.

"I've got sunshine in a bag, I'm useless" = No shit, straight for the horses mouth. Get it off your chest Damon.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U2.... living of the same sounding Guitar riffs since time began.

Bono is a huuuuuuuuuuge twat of a man and the rest of the band a pretentious cunts.

Quite like the Gorillaz and they are far more relevant at the moment.

I wonder whether anyone will remember them/him in 25 years (or minutes) like U2?

I wonder whether anyone will remember them/him in 25 years (or minutes) like U2?

U2 just rehash the same bland sounds over and over again. They have done nothing of note for fucking ages. The Gorillaz are doing stuff at the minute which is a bit different and far more creative.

Just because U2 will be remembered in 25 years does not make them as relevant as what the Gorillaz are today.

U2 just rehash the same bland sounds over and over again. They have done nothing of note for fucking ages. The Gorillaz are doing stuff at the minute which is a bit different and far more creative.

Just because U2 will be remembered in 25 years does not make them as relevant as what the Gorillaz are today.

Does that mean Gorillaz are more relevant than The Beatles, based on that assumption?

Does that mean Gorillaz are more relevant than The Beatles, based on that assumption?

The Beatles are a different animal altogether... they actually varied their sound.

Bono just like to shout 'Yeah, yeah, yeah' while Edge plays basically the same riff in every song.

pissed on.

Pissed on obviously, if the birds fit enough you actually gain a lot from it, being shat on would always be unpleasent.

Well that's 2 votes for Gorillaz then, either way you still don't want either of the 2 options.

Some people are happy to listen to a band that doesn't change their sound or be experimental or innovative. The rest of us have grown out of Oasis and U2.

Me fucking yow.

I fucking love Radiohead & Pearl Jam, my 2 top all time favourite bands. However i consider Radiohead the best band of the last 20yrs cos they constantly changed their sound and what they produced has been exceptional also. Pearl Jam on the other hand for the past 3 or so albums are basically putting out the same old sound and it sounds so tired.

Pearl Jam fit into the same U2 category of a great early catalogue yet poor new material.

I fucking love Radiohead & Pearl Jam, my 2 top all time favourite bands. However i consider Radiohead the best band of the last 20yrs cos they constantly changed their sound and what they produced has been exceptional also. Pearl Jam on the other hand for the past 3 or so albums are basically putting out the same old sound and it sounds so tired.

Pearl Jam fit into the same U2 category of a great early catalogue yet poor new material.

Guffaw!

“Constantly changed their sound”, ya having a laugh Pal.

In 20 years they have changed from grim to miserable.

Radiohead play music for ugly bores who can’t dance or pull at parties.

Their albums and tedious videos are a colonic sack of maudlin melodies masquerading as art.

Life-sapping nails-on-blackboard masochism for pretentious poseurs, too unsophisticated to appreciate Faure’s Requiem and naff enough to confuse their dire dirge with meaningful social commentary.

Radiohead are so bad they make U2 sound almost enjoyable.

I feel so much better for typing that.

Off to work with a blast of Metallica on full volume.

Can’t wait.

Guffaw!

“Constantly changed their sound”, ya having a laugh Pal.

In 20 years they have changed from grim to miserable.

Radiohead play music for ugly bores who can’t dance or pull at parties.

Their albums and tedious videos are a colonic sack of maudlin melodies masquerading as art.

Life-sapping nails-on-blackboard masochism for pretentious poseurs, too unsophisticated to appreciate Faure’s Requiem and naff enough to confuse their dire dirge with meaningful social commentary.

Radiohead are so bad they make U2 sound almost enjoyable.

I feel so much better for typing that.

Off to work with a blast of Metallica on full volume.

Can’t wait.

Oh plewggs, and to think you were a hidden gem on the gf . . .

Yes, Radiohead are pretentious and dire and the Smiths are depressing and other wrong lazy labels . . .

It took me while to want to get into Radiohead as they're not that accessable but when I did I was rewarded with something special.

As for Metallica? That's Jazz bad.