You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ITIL Foundation Course

Allan

Being encouraged, (forced), to do this at work soon, and was wondering if anyone on here has done the foundation course?

If anyone has, let us know how you found it, and if it really is worthwhile doing.

Cheers,

Allan.

Allan,

I have worked in Service Management ("support" in old money) for many years now and ITIL Foundation is relatively stright forward common sense course.

I am sure you will find that you already do most of it anyway.

Most jobs in IT world now want you have an appreciation ITIL practices so wouldn't harm at all.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Being encouraged, (forced), to do this at work soon, and was wondering if anyone on here has done the foundation course?

If anyone has, let us know how you found it, and if it really is worthwhile doing.

Cheers,

Allan.

I'm certified, as sparta mentioned, it's all common sense if you've been in the environment for a while. The problem is they invent new terms for stuff you already know and it's all very anal compared to how most people actually do stuff in the real world.

Worthwhile, in practical terms not really, but in later times it will differentiate your CV and if your company is moving in that direction and you plan on hanging around and want to move up, it'd be short sighted to be seen to resisting or or not buying into change that I assume someone in leadership thinks is important.

I have plenty of books/sample exams etc if that'd help.

Cheers for the reply lads. Still had no official line whether this is going ahead or not, we're being outsourced to CSC on April 1st, so we may have to wait and see if our new masters want us to push on with this or not.

If it is confirmed that I need to do this, then any literature would be most appreciated.

Cheers again,

Allan.