You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oxegen 2010 Music Festival - Lineup Announced

Carradona

I'm thinking of coming back over from Ibiza for a weekend to get to a festival and the ones that will be possible are Leeds, Oxegen, V Festival & T in the Park.

Been the V a few years ago and it was OK but a bit commercial and I missed out on Glasto tickets, a place I adore. Where would you lot go out of thos choices?

Wouldn't advise going to Oxygen. The line up may be quality, and is every year, but it attracts the scum of the earth. The campsites are notorious for the level of chavs in them and I have heard horror story after horror story. Lads shittin in tents, smashin up cars in the car park and tents being set on fire. If you really wanted to go book into a hotel of hostel in Dublin city centre and get the bus out each day.

Re the line up theres some quality acts with Jay Z being the main one I'd like to see. Eminem will ensure the wigger/scobe count is off the charts though.

I have went to Oxegen the last two years and it is a fucking mess. There was a riot up by us last year between boys from tallaght and tuam. They were camped eithier side of a gang of us (about 30) and they met in the middle with legs of chairs and broken bottles etc and knocked fuck in to another. Unfortunately, seeing as we were in the middle, they thought some of us was the enenmy. My cousin was lying sleeping on a chair and he got hit over the hair with a glass bottle. Lost a tooth and needed 6 stitches on his lip.

Red is usually all dubs and blue is usually all cultches.

If you want to pay a bit extra, there is a green campsite hwere there is a teepee's set up for you with a camp bed and one plug etc.

Oxegen is a fucking shitwhole.

One day ticket will be hit though.

• 3 months later...

Any more people going?

I don't know what I am going to do yet. If I have enough money lying around after my holiday I may go. Possibly might just do one day.

World Cup final is on the Sunday so that is a balse. Bus into Naas in that case.

Friday 9th Of July:

Jay Z

Fatboy Slim

Arcade Fire

Groove Armada

Sterophonics

Empire Of The Sun

Drake

Two Door Cinema Club

Kassidy

Vitalics

The Black Keys

Erol Alkan

Goldfrapp

Simian Mobile Disco

Saturday 10th Of July:

Kasabian

Muse

Black Eyed Peas

Florence & The Machine

Dizzee Rascal

Armand Van Helden

The Saw Doctors

Vampire Weekend

Hot Chip

Rise Against

Amasis

Dirty Projectors

The Stranglers

Fake Blood

Sunday 11th Of July:

Eminem

Faithless

The Prodigy

Jamie T

Paolo Nutini

30 Seconds To Mars

Bell X1

Newton Faulkner

Ellie Goulding

Example

General Fiasco

Ocean Colour Scene

Delphic

Hudson Mohawke

Julian Casablancas

The Knux

Wolfmother

Broken Social Scene

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Middle East

The Golden Filter

Filthy Dukes

Chase & Status

Earth Wind & Fire

Steve Angello

No date as of yet:

La Roux

Aeroplane

Ash

A-Trak

Calvin Harris

David Guetta

Fox Avenue

Gossip

Jamie Lidell

Joshua Raidin

John Mayer

Laura Marling

Kate Nash

Mumford and Sons

Scouting For Girls

Steve Aoki

The Coral

The Cribs

The Temper Trap

Villa

My music taste has totally changed since I went two years ago and the lineup still appeals to me. Erol Alkan and Simian Mobile Disco on the Friday, Fake Blood on the Saturday, and Chase & Staus and Steve Angello on the Sunday would all be class (aswell as David Guetta and Aeroplane on the unreleased days). As well as the obvious ones like Fatboy Slim, Eminem, Faithless, Prodigy (again), Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons, etc.

festivals can bollocks off

ive been to so many, yet they always flatter to deceive

never enough toilets, over crowding in the campsites, shite weather!

i still cant get over the lack of toilets at festivals, just get 5 thousand of the bastarding things, that would sort the "shit out", pardon the pun

last time i went to Oxygen, the campsite security went around with loud speakers at 5am on the monday morning telling everybody to get up and go home, sure everyone was still pissed drunk driving home, shambolic!

electric Picnic is the best of the bad bunch, but it tends to have a hefty amount of "up their own arses" hippy types, that think because they wear skinny jeans and 10 year old converse they know more than the average bear, and dont forget the amount of walking at the picnic

i think im ranting now, it just always seems to piss down on me come festival time, and the memories are not the ones i imagine before hand :whoops: