You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina's new deal.

ratcatcher

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't know why people are scared to say it, but Reina is the best keeper in the world at the moment. IT seems as uncontroversial as saying that Torres is the best striker in the world at the moment.

His distribution, vision, sweeping ability and many other attributes have been vital to us and are above that of any other player in world football at the moment.

And your basing this on what exactly?

This is my opinion and I am basing it on that alone. Or is that not allowed on here anymore if you don't believe it? I am thinking practically over it.

There is a realistic chance we may not finish in the Top 4 this season if that hadn't occurred to you. Do you think Pepe would want to stay here if that happened?

Don't worry I haven't had a scoop that you aren't aware of or anything. Don't panic. Your Times buddies or Marcotti etc haven't missed out on anything.

The Alonso crap you have put by the way.....Shakes head......

Talk about spin.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
T

There is a realistic chance we may not finish in the Top 4 this season

I don't think 'realistic' is the right word. 'Outside' chance, maybe.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
This is my opinion and I am basing it on

that alone. Or is that not allowed on here anymore if you don't

believe it? I am thinking practically over it.

There is a realistic chance we may not finish in the Top 4 this season

if that hadn't occurred to you. Do you think Pepe would want to stay

here if that happened?

Don't worry I haven't had a scoop that you aren't aware of or

anything. Don't panic. Your Times buddies or Marcotti etc haven't

missed out on anything.

The Alonso crap you have put by the way.....Shakes head......

Talk about spin.

So, somehow, you've deduced that the club are only offering him a new

contract to save face with the fans because we might now qualify for the

Champions League in NOVEMBER?

Are you psychic or are you just stirring it again?

Also, John, bit in bold, what has that got to do with anything, when have I

ever mentioned anything like that on here?

The only time i've ever mentioned anything to you in line with that is in

private conversations when your digging for info, and yet in an effort to

belittle me you betray a confidence and decide to post it on a public

forum.

Then again you did something similar to Chris last month, so maybe I

shouldn't be surprised

And in case you didn't notice, I never brought Alonso up, Paul did.

Your a nice lad John, and we share mutual friends, that's why I've never

pulled you up a few things, including talking behind my back to Momo on

facebook, but your post above in cntish in the extreme.

So, somehow, you've deduced that the club are only offering him a new

contract to save face with the fans because we might now qualify for the

Champions League in NOVEMBER?

Are you psychic or are you just stirring it again?

Also, John, bit in bold, what has that got to do with anything, when have I

ever mentioned anything like that on here?

The only time i've ever mentioned anything to you in line with that is in

private conversations when your digging for info, and yet in an effort to

belittle me you betray a confidence and decide to post it on a public

forum.

Then again you did something similar to Chris last month, so maybe I

shouldn't be surprised

And in case you didn't notice, I never brought Alonso up, Paul did.

Your a nice lad John, and we share mutual friends, that's why I've never

pulled you up a few things, including talking behind my back to Momo on

facebook, but your post above in cntish in the extreme.

Hahahaha. Digging for info. I have NEVER rang you digging for info and don't try and twist it into something that it isn't. I know you have rang me numerous times though when you come into some ''info'' also conveniently when you are looking for tickets for games.

I am happy with the people in my life who can give me information on anything at the club if they hear anything. Don't flatter yourself by thinking I am desperate to hear any of your ''info'' I have never gone out my way to actively seek information from you. I couldn't care less to be honest.

Go and fuck yourself bringing Chris into this by the way as well. How fucking dare you. Jack shit to do with you what happened there and you don't know the half of it what went on with me and Chris and it really isn't any of your concern. Bit rich you having a pop at people supposedly talking behind your back with your shenanigans with SOS right???

Do you have proof that I spoke to Momo about you then because that is an allegation you just can't say to someone without proving it. Whatever Momo did or said to you was nothing to do with me.

We aren't all name-droppers like you, you know.

Pepe is a key player for us these days. He gives heart, leadership and passion to the team. I have been worried that he'll walk away so I'd be delighted if we can get him to stay here for a long, long time.

I'd also look to get rid of Cavalieri who is moderate at best and look to use Martin or Golacsi as back up.

Hahahaha. Digging for info. I have NEVER rang you digging for info and don't try and twist it into something that it isn't. I know you have rang me numerous times though when you come into some ''info'' also conveniently when you are looking for tickets for games.

I am happy with the people in my life who can give me information on anything at the club if they hear anything. Don't flatter yourself by thinking I am desperate to hear any of your ''info'' I have never gone out my way to actively seek information from you. I couldn't care less to be honest.

Go and fuck yourself bringing Chris into this by the way as well. How fucking dare you. Jack shit to do with you what happened there and you don't know the half of it what went on with me and Chris and it really isn't any of your concern. Bit rich you having a pop at people supposedly talking behind your back with your shenanigans with SOS right???

Do you have proof that I spoke to Momo about you then because that is an allegation you just can't say to someone without proving it. Whatever Momo did or said to you was nothing to do with me.

We aren't all name-droppers like you, you know.

Again, please point out where I've "dropped" anyones name on here?

In regards to Momo, I remeber saying something specific to you and you alone, which was then relayed to me verbatim in one of Momos lovely messages on facebook

I think the point is most have recently signed new long term deals (like Valdes) or are so entrenched in the club that they aren't going to be ousted (Cassillas).

Valdes signed a new deal until 2014, had his release clause increased to 150 million and has to be on the same sort of wages as Casillas (4-5 million a year). He's always been prone to the odd dodgy moment but it'll take a pretty hefty breakdown for them to get rid by next season.

The only option really for Reina would be Italy, unless he shocked everyone and went to utd.

I think Atletico Madrid would be a strong pull for Reina at some point in his career, with his Dad having played there, but with their current situation I don't think he'd go just yet. I reckon he'll have his best years with us before going to Atletico to finish his career with them.

This relationship quickly turned sour and irrepairable- ....

Irrepairable in that Xabi was able to stay another season and actually decide to play his best football in 3 years to ensure he got the move he wanted. Fuck Xabi. If he'd played like that the previous 2 seasons then no way Rafa would have considered selling him. I loved Xabi, but he really fucked me off the way he acted.

Great - and now a good thread about Pepe deserving a new deal has turned into a Rafa Xabi shite again - and I've benn sucked in.

Again, please point out where I've "dropped" anyones name on here?

In regards to Momo, I remeber saying something specific to you and you alone, which was then relayed to me verbatim in one of Momos lovely messages on facebook

Why don't you tell the good people of TLW and the wider communities what Momo's main problem was with you then? I and I am sure others go on Facebook enough to have seen the specific thing he was always pulling you up on. That is a problem of your own doing isn't it if it is true? Which I don't know if it is or not. If it is Andy it's your conscience not mine.

Until you actually prove that I have said something specific to Momo and he backs you up you can't make accusations like that. Lets face it Andy, you are telling me you told only me whatever it was you told me but maybe you aren't the best at keeping things to yourself and could have told others.

I know plenty of people on here who got lovely messages off Momo on Facebook, myself included, calling me all kinds. They didn't throw accusations around like you are though.

We are going round in circles here this is my last post on this. We have an important game later on which I want to speak about on the match thread on here.

Irrepairable in that Xabi was able to stay another season and actually decide to play his best football in 3 years to ensure he got the move he wanted. Fuck Xabi. If he'd played like that the previous 2 seasons then no way Rafa would have considered selling him. I loved Xabi, but he really fucked me off the way he acted.

Great - and now a good thread about Pepe deserving a new deal has turned into a Rafa Xabi shite again - and I've benn sucked in.

I can see both sides of the whole Xabi row, Rafa wanted to sell after two not so great seasons from him, this I can understand, Xabi wanted to leave after a great season, the summer following the club trying to get rid, this I also understand. I dont think anyone went out of their way to spite anyone else. Its just how things pan out sometimes.

Back on topic, on Reina, we have the best or one of the top 3 goalkeepers in the world, he is also a massive personality in the dressing room, my guess is he is one of the most popular players in the dressing room. His antics after Spain won the Euros were the stuff of legend, despite not playing as big a part as he would have liked he celebrated like the most ardent of fans. His sprint to Ngog at the weekend was another.

He is humble, I read in an interview (a couple of seasons ago now) he was asked a question, something along the lines of "what does it take to be great goalkeeper?" He answered, "to be a great goalkeeper, and that is what I am trying to become, you need to be fucking strong" he then apoligised to the interviewer for swearing. He already was a great goalkeeper at that point in my view.

However, what summed him up most of all for me was against Arsenal, the CL game, when they scored with a few minutes to go and the goal would have put them through, one of our CB's slumped to the ground, distraught, Pepe runs over to him and literally picks him up, has a few words for him, lifts him physically and mentally, he hadnt given it up and we then, of course went on to win the game 4-2 and go through.

Top keeper, top bloke, a real winner and we are privileged to have him, I hope he is here for another 15 years.

Why don't you tell the good people of TLW and the wider communities what Momo's main problem was with you then? I and I am sure others go on Facebook enough to have seen the specific thing he was always pulling you up on. That is a problem of your own doing isn't it if it is true? Which I don't know if it is or not. If it is Andy it's your conscience not mine.

Until you actually prove that I have said something specific to Momo and he backs you up you can't make accusations like that. Lets face it Andy, you are telling me you told only me whatever it was you told me but maybe you aren't the best at keeping things to yourself and could have told others.

I know plenty of people on here who got lovely messages off Momo on Facebook, myself included, calling me all kinds. They didn't throw accusations around like you are though.

We are going round in circles here this is my last post on this. We have an important game later on which I want to speak about on the match thread on here.

You say I can't keep things to myself, and then ask me to share with the forum something that I've supposedly done in the past?

Just so you know John, I remember exactly what I said, you can deny it, but ultimately it's on you.

If you want to carry this on, pm me, as I'm in work and I'm sure it's boring everyone else to tears

Great something to look forward to.

You say I can't keep things to myself, and then ask me to share with the forum something that I've supposedly done in the past?

Just so you know John, I remember exactly what I said, you can deny it, but ultimately it's on you.

If you want to carry this on, pm me, as I'm in work and I'm sure it's boring everyone else to tears

No way, I just opened another beer.

Your sneering response to my Pepe post (and not the first time you have done that to someone who doesn't have your connections at the club) in the first place was the catalyst for this just because I am not ''in the know'' like you undoubtedly are doesn't mean I can't have an opinion but, you know.

Until Momo admits whatever it is himself then don't throw your accusations at me please. Isn't it funny that you have asked me for tickets since Momo was giving you shit and didn't see fit to mention anything then so it couldn't have been that important in the grand scheme of things whatever it was.

And no, I don't wish to carry it on thanks all the same. Lets just leave it now as it is for the sake of the forum.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have to say I love his goal celebrations too. His reaction to the Centenary for Torres' goal against filth was every bit as good as his race up field for Ngog's.

Classic.

Time and again he comes up with epic celebrations. Not stylish. Not cool. Just nuts, out of control celebrations.

If Carlsberg did celebrations...

QNUaw9i6rwY&NR

I think the point is most have recently signed new long term deals (like Valdes) or are so entrenched in the club that they aren't going to be ousted (Cassillas).

Valdes signed a new deal until 2014, had his release clause increased to 150 million and has to be on the same sort of wages as Casillas (4-5 million a year). He's always been prone to the odd dodgy moment but it'll take a pretty hefty breakdown for them to get rid by next season.

The only option really for Reina would be Italy, unless he shocked everyone and went to utd.

And even in Italy Juventus and Inter are pretty set.

Your sneering response to my Pepe post (and not the first time you have done that to someone who doesn't have your connections at the club) in the first place was the catalyst for this just because I am not ''in the know'' like you undoubtedly are doesn't mean I can't have an opinion but, you know.

Until Momo admits whatever it is himself then don't throw your accusations at me please. Isn't it funny that you have asked me for tickets since Momo was giving you shit and didn't see fit to mention anything then so it couldn't have been that important in the grand scheme of things whatever it was.

And no, I don't wish to carry it on thanks all the same. Lets just leave it now as it is for the sake of the forum.

Your making assumptions again, same as the other night over Hammill, the reply you are on about wasn't sneering at all, but you went right on the attack anyway.

And again, this ITK bollocks, does anyone really care?

I think Atletico Madrid would be a strong pull for Reina at some point in his career, with his Dad having played there, but with their current situation I don't think he'd go just yet. I reckon he'll have his best years with us before going to Atletico to finish his career with them.

Yep his arl fella played in the European Cup final (against bayern I think?) for them and he's said a few times how much it would mean to reina to play for atleti. As you say, their precarious position in terms of finance and la liga status all but rules them out of making a bid for him.

Its quite possible he could move there towards the end of his career or if there is a mass exodus of spanish personel from anfield sometime in the future.