You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kennys_spell

I'm sure if Rafa was given the Keane money we'd have seen another striker at the club.

But for some reason it vanished.

maybe he should have just kept Keane to begin with, then he would't have this problem!

Anyway, I'm trying to enjoy today. That's enough from me on this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know do you feel better?! You always have to have a moan about something, you're never happy.

Our squad is weak when we lose two or three players, no doubt.

Voronin, Babel, Dossena and Degan are offering nothing that I believe the young players couldn't do.

But let's give Ngog, Benitez and the rest of the players some credit, they performed and our season isn't over as six points is gap which we can clearly close.

I have no idea what the problem is with the fringe/subs. babel and n'go have 4 goals and 1 assist between them in 9 league matches. have a look down the league and see what the scoring/assist record is for the fringe players at other clubs in the league. as for reserve players offering more that's plain speculation.

Ngog has played 44 minutes of league football this season; he has two goals in that time.That is a higher goals to minutes ratio than any player in the country. If transfered to a 90 minute spell, and there's every reason to think it would, he'd be averaging four goals a game. Last season, minutes wise, he played the equivalent of 3 and a half games; in that time he got two assists and two goals.

If Benitez didn't pervesely continue with Torres, it's clear that Ngog would demonstrate why some call him the most feared striker in the reserve league today. That's not even mentioning some his amazing step-overs.

Edited by Kevin D

Ngog has played 44 minutes of league football this season; he has two goals in that time.That is a higher goals to minutes ratio than any player in the country. If transfered to a 90 minute spell, and there's every reason to think it would, he'd be averaging four goals a game. Last season, minutes wise, he played the equivalent of 3 and a half games; in that time he got two assists and two goals.

If Benitez didn't pervesely continue with Torres, it's clear that Ngog would demonstrate why some call him the most feared striker in the reserve league today. That's not even mentioning some his amazing step-overs.

Haha.

Ngog has played 44 minutes of league football this season; he has two goals in that time. If transfered to a 90 minute spell, and there's every reason to think it would, he'd be averaging four goals a game. Last season, minutes wise, he played the equivalent of 3and a half games; in that time he got two assists and two goals.

Congratulations Kevin D, on joining the select group of us who have graduated with a degree in Bent Statistics.

Alas, at this time we can only confer a 2:2 as while the claims are outlandish they are clearly not Bent. If you wish to resubmit in the hope of a better grade please present your hypothesis to Professor Code72 who I'm sure can help you prove that these goals were actually scored by Xabi Alonso using a wormhole terminating in N'Gog's socks.

Congratulations Kevin D, on joining the select group of us who have graduated with a degree in Bent Statistics.

Alas, at this time we can only confer a 2:2 as while the claims are outlandish they are clearly not Bent. If you wish to resubmit in the hope of a better grade please present your hypothesis to Professor Code72 who I'm sure can help you prove that these goals were actually scored by Xabi Alonso using a wormhole terminating in N'Gog's socks.

I knew it, Ngog's cock is so powerful that its a wormhole.

maybe he should have just kept Keane to begin with, then he would't have this problem!

Anyway, I'm trying to enjoy today. That's enough from me on this.

The difference between keane and ngog is keane was supposed to come to us as a seasoned goalscorer - the finished article .

The result ? Dogshit.

Rush was shit when he first came and we know the rest .

Give ngog a chance he has cost us peanuts .

There is abosolutely no way N'Gog will ever make it big at Liverpool, in my view, not from what i've seen so far. He's done alright from the bench at times but he's extremely limited overall.

Absolutely made up he slotted that chance in yesterday, mind!

Since 4 goals a game clearly doesn't do it for you, how many are you looking for? There comes a point when you're just being unreasonable.

Opposition defenders coming up against N'gog will high-five eachother before kick-off. He really isn't hard to handle at all. Popping up with the fourth goal in injury time now and again doesn't exactly make him unplayable. We need strikers who imposes themselves on games. Torres lacks this quality in my opinion, but he has few, if any, other weaknesses, and scores shedloads, so he's excused.

He just doesn't belong as a second option striker for a team challenging for the title, I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

However, with money being pretty tight there's really no point in crying about it, as he looks to be the best we can hope for these days.

Opposition defenders coming up against N'gog will high-five eachother before kick-off. He really isn't hard to handle at all. Popping up with the fourth goal in injury time now and again doesn't exactly make him unplayable. We need strikers who imposes themselves on games. Torres lacks this quality in my opinion, but he has few, if any, other weaknesses, and scores shedloads, so he's excused.

He just doesn't belong as a second option striker for a team challenging for the title, I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

However, with money being pretty tight there's really no point in crying about it, as he looks to be the best we can hope for these days.

Upon seeing Ngog stripping off ready to be introduced, Van der Saar turned to Ferdinand and asked " why are they carrying him?" only to recoil in horror when he was told " He's walking."

Eh ??

Erm ....

Eh?

I wouldn't say N'gog is a bad player and he certainly took his goal well yesterday. Whoever said that they would have scored that themselves should get a trial with the club because the kid had a LOT of time to outhink himself from finishing AND he was bearing down on the Kop, against Utd in the final few minutes. Not sure how many obscure 20 year olds could finish as calmly as he did. But just to point out that the stats are slightly distorted. His goals have tended to be against poor enough opposition and/or at times when the game is done and dusted or the opposing team are being caught by counter-attacks. I'm not sure he believes in himself enough and I'd like him to get stuck in a bit more and show more muscle on the ball as he doesn't seem to have the flair for creating chances for himself.

I like him too. I think he shows a lot of promise - he works hard and although he always looks uncomfortable in possession has got goals in him. God knows how but the ball regularly seems to find him and he's pretty good at taking his chances.

Give him another year or two and we could have the world's greatest shit striker on our hands. The new Zlatan.

I like him too. I think he shows a lot of promise - he works hard and although he always looks uncomfortable in possession has got goals in him. God knows how but the ball regularly seems to find him and he's pretty good at taking his chances.

Give him another year or two and we could have the world's greatest shit striker on our hands. The new Zlatan.

Besides the goals, which is always the most important thing, the bit in bold is the part I like best about Ngog this season. He makes defenders work hard and is a presence in the air and physically.

He did it against Leeds away and even in his much derided performance against Lyon, I personally thought he was their defenders a hard time physically and making a nuisance out of himself (but the ref awarded them freekicks for absolutely nothing).

He is 20 years old and have a decent scoring record at a high level. He should probably only be our third choice at the moment, but with the sad state of affairs financially, we probably have got to make do with the current situation.