You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 02/12/2023 at 12:37, Curly said:

Mrs Curly’s first air fryer breakfast. It was decent 

C2626E2A-1265-4395-BFDF-7DC0BD86D742.jpeg

I usually leave it to grow a few pages before checking in on this thread. I'm surprised pop with ice was given a pass on the breakfast thread. An absolute disgrace. Not once but twice, that I've noticed. Are you a fucking child?

29 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I usually leave it to grow a few pages before checking in on this thread. I'm surprised pop with ice was given a pass on the breakfast thread. An absolute disgrace. Not once but twice, that I've noticed. Are you a fucking child?

You’ve got this back to front mate. It’s kids who shouldn’t have ice due to the choking hazard issue. It’s grown ups who like a nice cool beverage, and it’s meffs who don’t understand this.

Who wouldn’t like their drink below room temperature? It’s a good job you do wait a few pages to post on this thread - it’s like a self imposed ban or timeout for you.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Curly said:

You ever watched Matt Stonie? Unreal

Yeah, absolute freak. I saw one where ate fuck loads of crisps. I was wincing by the end as he'd obviously cut his mouth and it must have been agony. His breakfast was a fucking disgrace though 

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, absolute freak. I saw one where ate fuck loads of crisps. I was wincing by the end as he'd obviously cut his mouth and it must have been agony. His breakfast was a fucking disgrace though 

His mega Mac and happy meal challenges blew my mind.

The Michael phelps daily food challenge was obscene. Took him about 44 minutes to eat over 10,000 calories. There were 2 family sized pasta bakes in there as I remember. Crazy stuff. It usually makes me hungry watching these lads eat, but that one had me feeling bloated without eating a thing

19 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I overdid the bacon a touch but overall decent  7/10

IMG_9519.jpeg

I can’t get onboard with an oval shaped hash brown. That’s just a personal thing so if they float your boat so be it. 

Toast cut into triangles though! An output of Broken Britain if ever there was one.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I overdid the bacon a touch but overall decent  7/10

IMG_9519.jpeg

That looks good mate. If someone served me that in whatever setting I’d be pleased.

Im with @YorkshireRed on the oval hash brown too - aside from the debate on whether they belong or not, the oval ones aren’t as good as their triangle cousins.

Corner to corner toast is a winner though - we need to claim it back from the elites in this world. Working shaped toast for working shaped people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 04/01/2024 at 14:59, Barrington Womble said:

breakfast has been a real problem for me over xmas. i normally love a good fry up or two over that period, especially boxing day. but i had a morning a week or so before xmas (the day we played the mancs) and i wasn't feeling great and made some fried egg on toast before i went out. which then made me feel 100 times worse and i was ill for best part of a week. since then i cannot face an egg. 

so it's just been bacon or sausage butties when in need of a breakie since. 

What a sad Christmas story that is.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I can’t get onboard with an oval shaped hash brown. That’s just a personal thing so if they float your boat so be it. 

Toast cut into triangles though! An output of Broken Britain if ever there was one.

In the midst of dishing up I actually pondered how to cut the toast, I felt the triangles added a bit flair on the wings 

• Haha 2

On 14/01/2024 at 11:10, Curly said:

Corner to corner toast is a winner though - we need to claim it back from the elites in this world. Working shaped toast for working shaped people. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

image.jpeg

The Avanti West Coast breakfast - typically it was late, so I'd already eaten the toast.

Not too bad, I'd have expected far worse. At least it looks cooked, unlike some of the half-raw offerings we see on here.

6 hours ago, stringvest said:

image.jpeg

The Avanti West Coast breakfast - typically it was late, so I'd already eaten the toast.

I've not had one of those for a while, but I always thought they were ok, especially considering it seems it's all cooked in such a small kitchen. The sausage was always decent. The bacon used to be double slices at one time, which were great. I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade in price between premium and first though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sometimes the need to feed a hangover trumps aesthetics. 

I devoured this quick smart, and yes they are Richmond sausages. 

I award myself 8/10. 

Well, you’ll just have to take my word for it. 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sometimes the need to feed a hangover trumps aesthetics. 

I devoured this quick smart, and yes they are Richmond sausages. 

I award myself 8/10. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

Those eggs look a bit overdone though

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2