You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

We need to get this deal done. A statement needs to be made and signing a player of Suarez's stature would do that. Not only for us, but for the two world cup winning players we have in our squad.

hyperbole and media shite

the world wont end if we have to wait 5 months to sign another footballer

It's about now when I'd want Steve Clarke to earn his money by approaching Nando and spreading a bit of shit about how stupid it would be to join Chelsea in it's current state.

Don't see the allure myself, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard all showing signs of slowing down, Essien tends to pick up big injuries now, and they still need a proper centre back.

It's a massive rebuilding job, it's not a £40m striker fix.

Allied to that, I very much doubt Ancelotti will have a job there after May.

For me, it's AC Milan, Barca, and Man City, the three clubs that are on the way up and up.

It's about now when I'd want Steve Clarke to earn his money by approaching Nando and spreading a bit of shit about how stupid it would be to join Chelsea in it's current state.

Don't see the allure myself, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard all showing signs of slowing down, Essien tends to pick up big injuries now, and they still need a proper centre back.

It's a massive rebuilding job, it's not a £40m striker fix.

Allied to that, I very much doubt Ancelotti will have a job there after May.

For me, it's AC Milan, Barca, and Man City, the three clubs that are on the way up and up.

I'd add Shrewsbury Town to that list if they make the League Two playoffs.

Have we not learned from past mistakes?

If we put in a stupidly high bid for a rubbish player 4 hours before the window closes just for the sake of buying someone then I would say no, we haven't learnt.

If we sign nobody because the players we want at the level of quality we require are not available then it's a step in the right direction.

AMSTERDAM - Luis Suarez hopes that as soon as he knows where he stands. "I expect Friday clarity, " said the Ajax striker against NUsport.

Liverpool and Ajax go again to the table Friday after two previous discussions came to nothing because supply and demand too far apart. Liverpool is expected that a generous portion above the first bid amount (fifteen million Euros) will do.

The striker, who is already personally around Liverpool and only need to undergo a medical examination, he expects Friday to get the plane to England.

"But I must wait. I remain calm under continued. I can do nothing. "

Suarez Friday just trained with the reserves and promises, like the other players from the A selection of coach Frank de Boer, who did not play Thursday in the cup match against NAC Breda (4-1 profit)

the dutch league is an average league, the premiership is touted as the best league in the world, did you take this into consideration..... (insert smilie)

we've bought dutch before and its not proven to be too successful. i wont be crying if we walk away from this one.

Sorry to be pedantic but I think you will find that mr Suarez isn't dutch.

He's uruguayan. Lets get him bought

We shouldn't sell Torres at any price, we should only sell who we want to or if the player wants out. We should never be a selling club.

That is the fact. A selling club can NEVER compete at the top level. It won't sell merchandise. It won't have the name. It won't win trophies, except on the EXTREMELY odd occasion.

You don't see Spurs shirts in Asia. Its the big clubs, then the also rans.

I will burn my LFC shirt and mail it to John Henry personally if this happens.

The last Yanks were nothing but utter scum. The sale of Torres would demonstrate ABSOLUTELY what Yanks Mark 2 are about.

THis really would be the end for me and "Liverpool Sports Ventures".

"Fifty-fifty dat Suarez blijft" - Voetbal | Het laatste voetbalnieuws leest u op Telesport.nl van De Telegraaf [Ajax]

From our Editorial Telesport

MELBOURNR - Ajax coach Frank de Boer's story Friday morning in Telesport confirmed, stating that a delegation from Liverpool in the Netherlands is Luis Suarez to win the British empire. "Liverpool is a major delegation to Amsterdam to negotiate Suarez. I think the chances fifty-fifty that Suarez continues. It is true that Friday to come around. Otherwise Suarez just Ajax." Said de Boer .

Luis Suarez

Boyer later than January 29 to answer concerning the possible transfer of Suarez. According to Boyer, the British before that date the required transfer from Ajax on the bridge. "They know what we want Suarez," De Boer said. "Luis is gone when they pay that amount. I expected to come Friday with a higher bid. "

If Suarez is not sold, it is expected the group just for league match against NAC Breda. The attacker may at the Brabant after a long stay back in action for Ajax.

Liverpool and Ajax also on Monday negotiated an immediate transfer of Suarez. Dirk Kuyt's boss wanted the striker's contract for 15 million euros surrenders. Ajax quickly wiped that bid off the table.

Do you think the yanks left a small tin of money on the shelf labelled "Transfer fund"?

i asked this question in another thread, but unless we started getting all of our transfer money up front in lump sum payments, our net spend moneys will be continuing to come in every year so in theory money from masch would be flowing in next year and the year after if barca followed normal transfer fee payment schedules amortized over 3 and 4 year periods.

same with our other sales as well (well other than xabi because i believe we did get that all up front)

hyperbole and media shite

the world wont end if we have to wait 5 months to sign another footballer

well we were actually on course for relegation in 5 months. With the "great manager" the Yanks stood by.

Pretty astonishing how quickly things turned to shit. Bearing in mind a little over a yr ago, before the asset stripping we were ranked no 1 in Europe.

Shall we all go on holiday til August?

i asked this question in another thread, but unless we started getting all of our transfer money up front in lump sum payments, our net spend moneys will be continuing to come in every year so in theory money from masch would be flowing in next year and the year after if barca followed normal transfer fee payment schedules amortized over 3 and 4 year periods.

same with our other sales as well (well other than xabi because i believe we did get that all up front)

I might be wrong - i usually am - but i thought Barca paid up front. Because we desperately needed the monmey and made that a condition of the deal. Would also explain why we sold him for less than his market value.

I might be wrong - i usually am - but i thought Barca paid up front. Because we desperately needed the monmey and made that a condition of the deal. Would also explain why we sold him for less than his market value.

i honestly don't know. but with barca's debt etc that seems strange that they would.

Apparently it is buried in the foundations under the new stadium.

I haven't been able to make it over to Liverpool to see the new stadium yet. It looks exactly the same as the old one on the inside going off what i see on the telly, but the outside looks fantastic.

I haven't been able to make it over to Liverpool to see the new stadium yet. It looks exactly the same as the old one on the inside going off what i see on the telly, but the outside looks fantastic.

The new Kop is a lot bigger and is like the symphony stage to the rest of the symphony hall.

If Tottenham were in for this guy he'd be walking around White Hart Lane by now. The reason being they would have payed the asking price for him or close to it (20m+). I don't know if us not doing this is a bad or good thing.

On one side it shows we are not gonna be forced to cave in and spend over the odds for a player valued way above his real worth. But on the other hand you can argue that to get the best players for your squad you have to pay that bit extra even if you think he's not worth all the fee.