You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter Vomiting Bug

Conor

Im sure most of you have heard of this bug. Myself and the missus had to bring our 11 month old into hospital this week and as of this morning we have caught the bug.

Im only around 4 hours into it but already im in bits - the poor bathroom has been destroyed (apologies for the graphic picture).

Anyone any experience with this bug? how long does it last? any tips? concerned the baby will get it now from me and the missus - shud we pack him down to his grannys for the day?

Any advice appreciated.

Back to the pot............:whoops:

Im sure most of you have heard of this bug. Myself and the missus had to bring our 11 month old into hospital this week and as of this morning we have caught the bug.

Im only around 4 hours into it but already im in bits - the poor bathroom has been destroyed (apologies for the graphic picture).

Anyone any experience with this bug? how long does it last? any tips? concerned the baby will get it now from me and the missus - shud we pack him down to his grannys for the day?

Any advice appreciated.

I would

Any advice appreciated.

Just drink a fuck load of water Conor. It usually lasts for about 12 hours (did for me) and I also took some Dioralyte to replace minerals etc you lose by puking and shitting constantly.

It isn't pleasant, but it does stop as violently as it starts.

Just drink a fuck load of water Conor. It usually lasts for about 12 hours (did for me) and I also took some Dioralyte to replace minerals etc you lose by puking and shitting constantly.

It isn't pleasant, but it does stop as violently as it starts.

Thanks mate

Just did a run to the shops. it was like that scene in trainspotting where renton tries to get off the drugs and gets his supplies in.

4 lites of 7 up, 4 litres of water, 8 rolls of toilet paper and 3 newspapers....

Now I'm ready.......

Thanks mate

Just did a run to the shops. it was like that scene in trainspotting where renton tries to get off the drugs and gets his supplies in.

4 lites of 7 up, 4 litres of water, 8 rolls of toilet paper and 3 newspapers....

Now I'm ready.......

"Just need one more hit:"

"Suppositories?? For all the good they do, I might as well shove up ma arse!"

The bug is in your system, it has to flush naturally, the jury is out on whether you eat or not while having D&V, its all down to personal choice i think. I had it the beginning of november, like Wiiksi, over and done with quite quickly, about 24 hours for me.

Mine thought is we eat gentle almost clear foods (soup) little and sip lots of water, drinking anything over a mouth full in one go will have you wanting to hurl again, however to help carry the bug through, something has to help move it along, fluid ideally.

hope it was soft and gentle toilet roll.

Pack baby off to grandma for the day, both you and your mrs will need to rest.

What a shitty 24 hours that was (excuse the pu). Think im over the worst of it now. At least im able to get out of bed and the nausea has stopped. still not going to try any food until much later so sticking to the water for the time being.

The puking and the shitting stopped fairly early yesterday purely becuase i had nothing left in my system to get rid of. Just spent the rest of the day curled up in the bed in agony. Couldnt sleep and my mind was going all over the place - started thinking mad stuff!!!

At least the missus had the good sense to jump into the spare room with the baby.

Its not a nice experience but i reckon ive probably dropped around 1/2 stone so if i get one of these a month i can cancel my gym subscription (not that i ever fucking go anyway) so bring that shit(ing|) on!!!!!!! (6)

Me and the missus had it just before christmas and its fucking brutal!!

Even though all the shitting/puking has stopped you are still contagious for up to 48 hours so its probably wise that you keep a low profile for a while.

Good news is that you are now immune from it for 14 weeks

Even though all the shitting/puking has stopped you are still contagious for up to 48 hours so its probably wise that you keep a low profile for a while.

yeah i heard the 48 hour thing. so taking monday and tuesday off work.

quality that im immune to it now for a while. i feared this thing could stike again soon as its all over ireland at the moment.

nasty as it is at least its fairly quick....

You're only immune to the particular strain that you had, and given that there are thousands of mutations of the fucker out there, it's not much consolation.

I had it in December. I had violent D&V for about 6 hours solid, till there was nothing left inside me. Then for the next day and a half I lay in bed with a bowl, doing that "HHHWWWUUURRRRRR" thing so loud that it probably woke the neighbours, bringing up nothing but that green biley shit, and feeling the agony of my stomach turning inside out. I remember thinking that it was lucky that my bowels were completely empty because if they hadn't been I'd probably just have crapped in my own bed and lay in it. I felt like I was dying.

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Conor.

You're only immune to the particular strain that you had, and given that there are thousands of mutations of the fucker out there, it's not much consolation.

I had it in December. I had violent D&V for about 6 hours solid, till there was nothing left inside me. Then for the next day and a half I lay in bed with a bowl, doing that "HHHWWWUUURRRRRR" thing so loud that it probably woke the neighbours, bringing up nothing but that green biley shit, and feeling the agony of my stomach turning inside out. I remember thinking that it was lucky that my bowels were completely empty because if they hadn't been I'd probably just have crapped in my own bed and lay in it. I felt like I was dying.

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Conor.

Thanks my dear much appreciated - gotta love that green biley stuff. very pleasant!!! :whistle: