You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats class. I'm sure the new album won't be Marshall Mathers standard but this is brilliant and for me he's still the best.

did you listen to the same song? it was very mediocre (yes, i did listen to the proper version)

Every song i have heard from his new album has been poor. Poor production, poor hooks, poor songwriting and very poor delivery (for someone of Eminems calibre). Why does he insist on putting on that stupid voice for a lot of his songs, too?! I have listened to 5 from the new album so far...its not looking good.

Can't see any of the youtube links in work so not sure which ones they are.

Downloaded the new album and gave it a listen over the weekend, definitely better than Encore but not as good as any of his first 3 on first impressions. Couple of definite stand out tracks for me, namely 'Hello' and 'Beautiful'

After the marshall mathers LP he just became a bubblegum rapper. The odd amazing song (as he will always be lyrically gifted) but his production and hooks often ruin him.

I think you need to re-evaluate what you see as a 'bubblegum' rapper if you think Eminem is in that category. Bubblegum rappers don't rap about raping people and getting abused by their stepdad.

You can say he fell off, fair enough, but bubblegum rapper he isn't.

Eminem is one of those artists whom I like or hate. Some of his songs I don't mind listening to if they come on the radio, others I just want to slam my head through the windshield.

I will give his new CD a try if I hear a song from it but the new songs released already are shit

Got the album off a mate this morning and its not its not as good as his early stuff, but in my opinion that his first 2,possibly 3 albums were the work of a genius in his prime.

But this album has some brilliant songs on it, some of the lyrics are as dark as he's ever wrote and overall it doesn't conform to typical MTV or gansta rap stuff. His honesty about his rehab and his fucked up thoughts, make it really different to any what any other artist puts out. Overall I think its fuckin boss.

I just got down listening to some of the new tracks and I must say I am impressed. I will probably be buying it when it comes out.

He seems to do a solid job going back to his original work rather than trying to build catchy'ish type songs that ruined his last album or so in my eyes

Give it a listen, I don't like it.

Only liked Medicine Ball, Beautiful & Underground.

He's lost his early fire. Heard it all before - being a serial killer, his mum, drugs, blah blah blah.

Impressed he mentioned Teddy Ruxpin on Insane though.

teddy-ruxpin.jpg

He's a Lfc fan.

Not sure about that. Dre is.

There was something about him on .tv a few years ago saying he came to Blighty with NWA & caught a game on TV. Barnes grabbed his attention & he made some comment about 'That cat could play'.

Barnesy taught Dre all there is to know about rapping & laying down some phat beats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...