You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ah the good aul days of rap.Most rap that is brought out is shite because there is a too much of a hip hop element in it.

This statement is all kinds of wrong. Hip-Hop is the culture, Rap music is an element which makes up Hip-Hop culture. All Rap has a 100% hip hop element to it, otherwise it just isn't rap. Can somebody neg him for me? That's just a schoolboy error.

I was really into Eminem's stuff when I was younger, but after the 2nd album I lost intrest, grew up I guess. I hardly listen to rap anymore with the exception of Lupe Fiasco. Got the lads album on my iPod and he's awesome.

This, by the by, was Eminems best song (the 2nd verse rules):

[YOUTUBE]DFPShUSgFyI[/YOUTUBE]

The Way I Am is easily his best single but Ems best song? Nah. This is.

RPkAHvp1Vgw

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim Shady LP : 8/10 (I love it simply because of how crazy Em is on it. His rhymes and flow are insane on this)

Marshall Mathers LP : 10/10 (The Way I Am is the summary of everything thats amazing about this album)

The Eminem Show : 9/10 (Beats are crrrrazy, Ems lyrics are slightly weaker then his last 2 but still a great album)

Encore : 7/10 (...the less said the better)

You think the Marshall Mathers LP is absolutely perfect? A perfect 10 that cannot be bettered? The perfect album? It's a good album, very good actually, but it certainly isn't perfect.

Funny that an album you have said "The less said the better" which suggests you think it's shite, you've given 7/10.

I'd give the Marshall Mathers LP 7/10 and by that I'd mean it's very good.

You think the Marshall Mathers LP is absolutely perfect? A perfect 10 that cannot be bettered? The perfect album? It's a good album, very good actually, but it certainly isn't perfect.

Funny that an album you have said "The less said the better" which suggests you think it's shite, you've given 7/10.

I'd give the Marshall Mathers LP 7/10 and by that I'd mean it's very good.

No.

The MMLP is a 10/10 album. But that doesn't mean it can't be bettered, there are many 10/10 albums out there and most are better then this album. However for the impact it had on me and the period it was released in yes this is a 10/10 album.

And I believe Encore was a good solid album, just disapointing by Eminems standards.

No.

The MMLP is a 10/10 album. But that doesn't mean it can't be bettered, there are many 10/10 albums out there and most are better then this album. However for the impact it had on me and the period it was released in yes this is a 10/10 album.

And I believe Encore was a good solid album, just disapointing by Eminems standards.

Sorry but that's bollocks.

Sorry but that's bollocks.

No mate it definitely isn't bollocks.

Would you believe the amazing thing about music is we can all have different opinions on it. To some people all of Eminems albums are duds. Just because my opinion doesn't conform to what you believe doesn't make what I say bollocks.

Numpty

Who ever said Dre's beats are lazy really hasn't got a clue, he is IMO the mastermind behind everything. I have been lucky enough to see eminiem 3 times and still to this day i think he is one of the most talanted individuals of my time. I feel lucky to have been apart of that era. The fact that my mum has his stuff on her ipod says it all..

Just wish Dre would do another album...

I think Dre is a boss producer, but a shit rapper. That 2001 album I used to love as a kid, listened to it the other week, and its a bit shit.

Never been a massive fan of M&M's though, Im more of a Malteasers kinda guy.

• 2 months later...

Think he's class meself, last album was a bit too preachy and whiny for my liking mind. But the rest of his stuff is of the highest calibre. Not many artists, rappers certainly, with the same kind of catalogue, many do one good album then disappear up their own holes and stop trying(West, 50p(though he was always crap)spring to mind immediately).

Had tickets for the Slane gig he was supposed to do a few years back. Gutted i was.

Edited by The Dude Abides

• 2 weeks later...
Dug out his old albums the other day & forgot how good some of it was.

This is his new single apparently.

[YOUTUBE]6ymNwsg2T2w[/YOUTUBE]

Bit shit me thinks.

He made 100 + tracks for the new album. This was unfinished with Em spitting all three verses including Dres which he ghostwrote. It was then released prematurely to radio through somebody at Aftermath. Eminem said it was never meant to be released but decided to finish it off and include a *sigh* 50 Cent verse so people would listen to that instead of the unfinished one. It isn't a single and was never intended as such.

I really, really hope he has another go at his mother/wife/celebrity/fame, I don't think he did nearly as much stuff on those topics as he should.

You're right. He doesn't have the ability to rap about other things. "Stan" really isn't one of the most creative hip hop song concepts of the last decade.

You seriously look too much into music at times mate.

True. It might be sad but music, hip hop in paticular, is my passion, aside from the Reds. It's just a great thing that has the power to speak to so many people. I love music.

I think it's mainly to do with the fact I was shit in school and saw all these people who were shit in school as well succeeding and being internationally famous and wealthy. That isn't truer then in Hip Hop. I'm not saying they aren't intelligent just that the majority of artists dropped out/were average in school.

I suppose music inspires me to do stuff out of the ordinary, not to be stuck in a shithole 9 to 5 that I hate.

True. It might be sad but music, hip hop in paticular, is my passion, aside from the Reds. It's just a great thing that has the power to speak to so many people. I love music.

I think it's mainly to do with the fact I was shit in school and saw all these people who were shit in school as well succeeding and being internationally famous and wealthy. That isn't truer then in Hip Hop. I'm not saying they aren't intelligent just that the majority of artists dropped out/were average in school.

I suppose music inspires me to do stuff out of the ordinary, not to be stuck in a shithole 9 to 5 that I hate.

Fair enough, I love music aswell. I meant sometimes with the lyrics and the meanings of songs. Not that there isn't anything to it, just seems like you analyse a hell of a lot of music, or certain aspects of it, rather than just enjoy it for what it is. More of an observation than a criticism.

Fair enough, I love music aswell. I meant sometimes with the lyrics and the meanings of songs. Not that there isn't anything to it, just seems like you analyse a hell of a lot of music, or certain aspects of it, rather than just enjoy it for what it is. More of an observation than a criticism.

I didn't take it as criticism at all mate! Statement of fact more like.

90% of the time I don't analyse it on purpose, I just listen to a song so much that I notice new things and my ears sort of analyse it for me. On the other hand some of the best songs are those that encourage you to analyse what they mean or where you hear lines and think "What the fuck?" So you google it and learn something about that culture or that person.

In ten years when I'm the first successful Irish Hip Hop artist and internationally famous I'll say I was a "student of the game". Until that point I will abstain from such nonsense as it would make me sound a twat.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...