You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra's latest - Well in, Jamie lad

JRD7

It's not right to slag off your boss, though.

Why isn't it? If you mean Benitez then I agree. If you mean the owners then I disagree - whichever club you play for and whoever the owners might be, not just this club.

I have a thing about buying players' autobiographies whilst they are still playing.

Do you mean you would not buy a book that was written when the author was a player or would not buy it until they had stopped playing?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from the book:

"Inevitably, my discussing this issue may create new headlines at the start of the current season. There are those who may say there is a contradiction between my calling for a return to what I call The Liverpool Way and making comments that remind everyone of the problems at boardroom level. I sat down to write this book in the summer of 2007 with no idea of the crisis on the horizon. There were no plans to include such a difficult chapter twelve months ago. Having committed myself to

as honest and forthright a view of my club as possible, it was impossible for me to ignore this situation or refuse to give my opinion on it. My thoughts have been expressed in this book as a consequence of events that were thrust into the public eye by others, not by me."

This is from the book:

"Inevitably, my discussing this issue may create new headlines at the start of the current season. There are those who may say there is a contradiction between my calling for a return to what I call The Liverpool Way and making comments that remind everyone of the problems at boardroom level. I sat down to write this book in the summer of 2007 with no idea of the crisis on the horizon. There were no plans to include such a difficult chapter twelve months ago. Having committed myself to

as honest and forthright a view of my club as possible, it was impossible for me to ignore this situation or refuse to give my opinion on it. My thoughts have been expressed in this book as a consequence of events that were thrust into the public eye by others, not by me."

You can't argue with that really.

This is from the book:

It's fair comment, but not justification. Nobody made Carra bring this book out, so he can't abdicate responsibility just like that.

Having said that, I genuinely believe that Carra has the best interests of Liverpool Football Club at heart, so I'm not going to criticise too much.

Havent read the entire thread so apologies if its already been said but i wouldnt believe half of the shit quoted in the papers. Im onto the last chapter and nowhere have i read the shit about "if liverpool wernt that good id go to Madrid and barca" and "foreigners taking english peoples jobs". Apart from the england stuff where they unsurprisingly quoted word for word, theyve blown loads out of proportion and tried to make him look like a gobby scouser. Some of the more contentious stuff is explained in the book and once again unsurprisingly left out in the papers!

Jamie Carragher is, and will always be, the man!

This is from the book:

That's fair enough and I think they way he seems to have been honest with having a go at someone but balancing it with good comments is fine. However his last line that I've highlighted is cock. No one is forcing him to comment so if he's going to have a go then he needs to stand by his words and be very clear that it is his choice to have a go. He has not been forced into it because the book he's trying to punt must be honest. He cannot move the balme for his comments to Rafa, Parry, Moores or the 2 fuckers. He has chosen to comment. For the record I'm happy he has though.

Not really a pop is it ? Drewy just asking where Gerrard is about this, our all action, die for the cause, scouser has only said 'Im not playiogn at teh weekend, cos its too soon'. Whether true or not Rafa should be picking the team not Stevie.

Gerrard does get some unfair shite sometimes, but some of it he brings on himself.

Will be interesting to see how we play without him on Saturday, I wonder if him being missing will have the same effect it had on england.

I think the answer to your question can be found in the villa game.

Jamie Carragher is a Liverpool legend and has earned the right to make these comments. He'a also one one of us and FEELS the pain that we are sharing about the Yank cowboys, in a way that very few other players can. How refreshing in this day and age of pampered mercenaries to see a player with the guts and the balls to tell it like it is, rather than just coming out with the standard 'it doesn't affect me - i just concentrate on events on the pitch' line. It takes enormous courage and indeed could be seen as a breach of contract.

The people on here criticising him are just incredible to be honest - absolutely incredible: it seems that some fans STILL haven't woken up to what G+H are doing to this club, even now, even after all the lies and broken promises and MILLIONS of pounds taken out of OUR club. Do you even want Liverpool Football Club to survive, because - believe me - that is how bad it is.

Jeeze....I really do despair sometimes. I really do.

How surprising that someone takes something positive and turns it into an attack on Gerrard. It doesn't surpsie me one bit.

My thoughts exactly. Seems some just cant wait to get a dig in against Gerrard.

As I've said before, damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

And well in to Jamie for his comments. He could have omitted them altogether but no, he put it right there in print.

I've really enjoyed the book ad I think it's very balanced and honest. However I do a little what the implications may be for him.

Throughout the book the underlying theme about Rafa is that he's a great tactitian, however, he does get it wrong every now and again. He also makes no bones that Rafa is ruthless and there's no favouritism or even loyalty to the players. I think he refers to players as 'chess pieces' in one passage.

In light of his comments I worry that Rafa may start to 'rotate' him, especially as Skrtel and Agger are doing ok.

As much as I love Carra, I do worry about players going public when they are still playing, and especiall whilst working under those they have questioned in print. I know if I was to go to an industry magazine and criticise one of my boss's decisions I'd be hauled across the coals, regardless of whether I was the most valuable member of staff (and arguably rightly so).

Carra clearly lives and breathes the reds, but I just think he may have misjudged the timing, especially considering the mess we're in at the moment.