You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how Keane and Kuyt are set up, been saying it for weeks, though, we've been missing the extra man in midfield, allows us to control the game better and push on into the opposition half.

You could be right if we line up as we did in the second half of last season. I seem to remember Keane dropping out to the left a lot for Spurs and Ireland over the years.

Reina

Arbeloa---Carragher---Skrtel---Dossena

Mascherano---Alonso

Kuyt---Lucas---Keane

Torres

Guest davelfc

I've lost count of the amount of times over the years we have failed to make the most of other teams losing/drawing.

I hope this season we can shake that off.

Chelsea have drawn which means that, if we win, we could have a clear lead at the top. If that isn't a clear indication that we'll fail to win today then I don't what is.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It'd be nice for it not to be that way for a change.

You could be right if we line up as we did in the second half of last season. I seem to remember Keane dropping out to the left a lot for Spurs and Ireland over the years.

Reina

Arbeloa---Carragher---Skrtel---Dossena

Mascherano---Alonso

Kuyt---Lucas---Keane

Torres

Whatever way you look at it, it will be two of the famous wingers Kuyt, Lucas and Keane that is supposed to provide the with, because I can guarantee you that we will not see much attacking play from the fullbacks today.

Or maybe Alonso will be on the left side. Nothing will surprise me.

I think the idea is that we boss the middle of the park and cut out the distribution to Villa's attacking trio. Rafa must believe we have enough quality up front to score if we can keep the ball in their half of the pitch. I don't think that's necessairily wrong, or necessarily over cautious. He still has the option of bringing on Babel as the game gets more stretched.

What a dilema. I said I wouldn't watch them but its 1/2 3 the wife has said I can go for a pint. Oh what to do.

I suspect the pub will be full of pissed old firm boys knocking fuck out of each other. Thats what I am telling myself to stop me going.

Hahahah, yeah....I woke up with a hangover and turned on the second half of that bastard, what a fucking gutter.

Guest davelfc
Arbeloa was warming up with that 25 yarder on Wednesday. Now he's found his range....

He was taking shots on goal in the warm up on wednesday night.

Not the most creative of midfields is it. The full backs are meant to provide the width in this formation, but on the evidence of what we've seen so far this season I cant see it happening.

Its obvious that Rafa would see a point here today as a good result, and its that kind of attitude that will mean we wont challenge for the title. I so hope I'm wrong.

What a dilema. I said I wouldn't watch them but its 1/2 3 the wife has said I can go for a pint. Oh what to do.

I suspect the pub will be full of pissed old firm boys knocking fuck out of each other. Thats what I am telling myself to stop me going.

I'd go the pub. If the match is shite at least you can laugh at the drunken Scottish loons.

were gonna win ,keep your head up and get down the alehouse.

massive,massive game for us today....