You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland V Liverpool

Paco

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said to my friend that it wouldn't surprise me if rafa picked plessis instead of alonso. Alonso has more strength and you need that in a away game against sunderland. Having alonso in the starting 11 would have weakened us anyway. Take the hint alonso and leave.

Classless.

I think we will see just how effective the Gerrard, Keane and Torres partnership can be today. Leaving out Alonso is purely a tactical reason (thats the only way Rafa thinks!), he'll push Gerrard high up the pitch playing just behind the strikers with Plessis looking after the mash role. Alonso has never really been that great of a holding midfielder, he always works much better when pushed up into an attacking position.

I can understand why Rafa has picked the team he has, and I dont see why anyone should be surprised by it.

You bunch of negative doom mongering cunts!!!

Not at all. I have no problems with Hyypia in the starting line-up, he's solid and he will play a good game as usual. I'm more concerned/interested as to how Plessis will do in this game. He plays it simple, but that may be a good thing. I'm really looking forward to this game!

There's our problem of being vulnerable off set pieces.

But if you listen to the experts Dave, it doesn't matter who we have back there as it is solely down to the zonal marking. That is the only reason we concede goals on set pieces.

Anyways, I'm off to watch the match now. Come on redmen.