You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

everton looking over their shoulder

spider-neil

Wow . I did not realise it was that close .Does it make any difference to qualifying for europe though if they finish 5th or 6th

Lets say for example if Villa finished 5th, Everton 6th and Pompey 7th, which is fairly possible.

If Pompey win the FA cup, there will only be one UEFA cup qualifying spot in the league and it would go to Villa.

Lets say for example if Villa finished 5th, Everton 6th and Pompey 7th, which is fairly possible.

If Pompey win the FA cup, there will only be one UEFA cup qualifying spot in the league and it would go to Villa.

This makes the end of season run in even more exciting.The above would really make me happy.

Villa are looking good, with a few decent signings next season, they'll comfortably finish ahead of the blueshite. Unlike us, Villa have got themselves a good yank as owner, and I can see him splashing the cash next season. We could have a new rival for our usual 3rd/4th place...

Villa are looking good, with a few decent signings next season, they'll comfortably finish ahead of the blueshite. Unlike us, Villa have got themselves a good yank as owner, and I can see him splashing the cash next season. We could have a new rival for our usual 3rd/4th place...

I'm absolutely convinced O'Neill will have them qualify for the CL next season. Who makes way is anyone's guess, but I've half a mind that Chelsea might be on the verge of a major stumble, if not a full blown implosion.

I'm absolutely convinced O'Neill will have them qualify for the CL next season. Who makes way is anyone's guess, but I've half a mind that Chelsea might be on the verge of a major stumble, if not a full blown implosion.

absolutely convinced? I dont think you really mean that. It's possible, but not very likely though

If Villa make it into the Uefa that will actually count against them in the league Thursday kick offs smallish squad. The majority of teams who make it into the Uefa initially struggle but i agree with you about Chelsea it could all go a bit dodgy and if rumours are to believed there could be a radical overhaul of their team especially with Jose to be appointed in a new job soon, nicking some of their better players.

I cant decide whether or not i want the blueshite in Europe again.

Obviously i dont want them enjoying any type of success or European recognition. But with Everton, there is always the potential for a great European Night of Metalist, Bucharest or Fiorentina like proportions. I must admit, i did enjoy comedy Thursdays this season.

I thik Villa will have a good effort at a CL spot next year and I also think Spurs will improve greatly under Ramos. All that said, there is still a huge gap between those two teams and the top four. I'm predicting Villa 5th, Spurs 6th, Everton 7th at best (though they may yo-yo down the table a bit, as is their custom). Newcastle might get in the running for Europe as Keegan gets a bit of momentum going.

I thik Villa will have a good effort at a CL spot next year and I also think Spurs will improve greatly under Ramos. All that said, there is still a huge gap between those two teams and the top four. I'm predicting Villa 5th, Spurs 6th, Everton 7th at best (though they may yo-yo down the table a bit, as is their custom). Newcastle might get in the running for Europe as Keegan gets a bit of momentum going.

this summer is key to whether we are in a scrap for 4th again or whether we challenge.

But with Everton, there is always the potential for a great European Night of Metalist, Bucharest or Fiorentina like proportions. I must admit, i did enjoy comedy Thursdays this season.

Good point Moyes and Kenwright are comedy gold at times expect them to say something majestic should they not qualify. Along the lines of Everton are too big for the Uefa cup tournament and its all part of their masterplan to put them back where they belong...