You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seriously mate, unless your moving to Liverpool for some great reason dont live here. I live in Anfield and am moving to North Wales where house prices are better and crime is far lower.

Some parts of West Deby can be OK. But your only a mile away from a shithole.

If I was advising you as a parent. Think again.

PS. I dont work for Liverpool Tourist Board.

Our pubs are shite....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Me and the wife are thinking of moving from Preston to West Derby in Liverpool. We've seen a place we like on the new Morris estate behind that big Tesco

Can any locals tell me what its like?

Any good boozers etc

Thanks in advance

I know the whole area really well, it's not bad at all, in fact it's really quiet. If you go a bit further on towards canny farm it's gets rough but around where you are it's ok. Pretty close to West derby village which has a few boozer's, hit and miss like. I lived with my bird at the time there and about's for a couple of years and you can count one hand the amount of people you see in a day. If the price is right, i'd go for it, plus you can get your bird to give you a bunk up and watch the lad's training at Melwood, sweet.

The Royal Standard, The Crown Inn (both opposite eachother and show every liverpool game) although avoid the Crown if you can.

The Bulldog dont show the games anymore since it was taken over. Shame aswell.

I think one of the pubs in the village show the games aswell, possibly the Hare & Hounds.

But the top two deffo do as Ive been there a loads times before The Regency opened in Derby Lane.

I built two houses on `The Point`. Unfortunately we mis-read the plans on one of them and built a dividing wall in not quite the right place, so some poor fucker has paid about £300k for a house with the living room about 9inches out of square.

• 3 weeks later...
Wait and see how pissed off you feel when "connection" involves an engineer coming out on the first day, swapping the box in the house that the builders put in for a different one, making a quick call to test the line, then clearing off five minutes after he arrived.

What I'd do if I were you is make sure they put the master socket where you want it, not where the builders decided to put it. If they are going to charge 130 quid then they should put the box where you need it (like where your broadband router might live).

I work from Home, so need this in and sorted before i move in.

I need Broadband, or i will have to drive to the office to go to work. Fuck that

Will this be a problem as its a brand new build?

Internet? in West Derby?

Are you avin a larf!

The SNES is the new console round their ways, its like the fucking stone age round there :whistle:

*sorry westderbian*

Internet? in West Derby?

Are you avin a larf!

The SNES is the new console round their ways, its like the fucking stone age round there :whistle:

*sorry westderbian*

:lol: The SNES is gonna be the next big lad, get on it.

Out of interest, would you mind knocking at the poshest house in Old Swan and asking how many rotations of their wind-up radio it takes to get the the full 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon?

:lol: The SNES is gonna be the next big lad, get on it.

Out of interest, would you mind knocking at the poshest house in Old Swan and asking how many rotations of their wind-up radio it takes to get the the full 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon?

Is this some sort of sick joke? Theres no such thing as a posh house in Old Swan. When people found out I had a bath, there was a full blown attack on my house. How about you go and ask Bill Gates, he lives opposite Dovey Park in that big fucking mansion.

I'm about to bring west derby back to the future with my ultra tech super house with its gazillion wires going everywhere and a cinema/games room with a 2 metre screen

Be prepared for a mass cult following praying outside your house, you will be some sort of god. :whistle:

Oh and be sure to clamp down your horse and cart when you go to sleep.

Seriously mate, unless your moving to Liverpool for some great reason dont live here. I live in Anfield and am moving to North Wales where house prices are better and crime is far lower.

Some parts of West Deby can be OK. But your only a mile away from a shithole.

If I was advising you as a parent. Think again.

PS. I dont work for Liverpool Tourist Board.

Mid-Wales. It's like North Wales with better coastline, less Evertonians, less crime, less hassle and just more welsh language to compensate.

More sheep too.

*hellllo there flossie*

As i've been here 10 years past Graduating its well past its sell by date with me.

I came from North Wales to Preston, Its full of scousers and mancs anyway, my family included. you need to go about 5 miles inland before you find any actual welsh people, with their pitchforks, sheep, and obsession with Rugby

I`m from West Derby originally,and went to the village school. Do they still have that set of stocks there? in the village, not the school, an excellent form of punishment. (no, !`m not that old)

I used to drink in the Sefton as the wife worked there for a while, it was a decent pub in those days, Threllies if I remember rightly. I gave up on Barry`s after on an occasion I went there and there was blood all over the ceiling.

When all the ale went shit we took off to another pub, the name of which escapes me, further up the road towards Holly Lodge as it was a C.A.M.R.A.(real ale) pub.

I`ve fond memories of "the village".