You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Having never smoked I find not smoking ridiculously easy, stop whinging it's a walk in the park.

Double bonus really, just the thought of depriving the government of £2.16 on every packet of 10ciggies I buy is keeping me going. :whistle:

They'll get it back elsewhere, obviously, they always do. But if they have to start taxing non smokers because smokers are packing in then thats a bonus aswell. I will be one of the non smokers at that point but at least I will have had my moneys worth for the extra taxes. Non smokers who have always been non smokers will be paying money for ex smokers packing in smoking. :D

It would be great if everyone packed in smoking and the above became a reality, but it wont. I'll just comfort meself with the thought.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up a couple of years ago and have now got to the stage where I can actually have a ciggy and not worry about it or crave it the next day.. I was on holiday for 2 weeks recently and smoked like a trooper during the holiday, we got back on Sunday night, I smoked on Monday and then knocked it on the head again on Tuesday... that was 2 weeks ago and haven't felt the need to have one since....!

I gave up a couple of years ago and have now got to the stage where I can actually have a ciggy and not worry about it or crave it the next day.. I was on holiday for 2 weeks recently and smoked like a trooper during the holiday, we got back on Sunday night, I smoked on Monday and then knocked it on the head again on Tuesday... that was 2 weeks ago and haven't felt the need to have one since....!

Not sure your definition of "giving up" is the same as mine.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on my earlier postss in this thread.

I only smoke with a bevvy now. I get the urge during the week to have one but I can fight that off at the moment and just put it to the back of me mind. I think I may try and totally eradicate them in the New Year and resolve to not have them even when I'm having a bevvy. It is the next logical step.

Anyone else still going strong?

Guest TesticleOReilly

Gave up this past Christmas day, haven't had one since ...

and in the past 10 months I've never been as ill in my fucking life.

Was up to about 20 a day but 4 weeks ago just decided to knock it on the head for a while and have not had one since. Thinking of going back to it though as it feels a bit gay to be a non-smoker.

Thats the only problem mate. It feels gay to be a non smoker and it obviously looks gay aswell.

Stuck inside with all the faggots in the boozer sneering at all the hard people having to go outside in the cold to have a bifter. I dont feel like I want to continue being one of these self righteous cunts that is THE NON SMOKER. Its just not me like, but I'll persevere with it, for now.

I tried quitting with nicotine gum but I found it made me feel sick when I used it when drinking.

I've been off the cigs (20ish a day for 3 years) for near 5 months now from cold turkey and feeling good.

I'd recommend going to the doctors - they can give you champix or zyban which I know have worked for a few people - or they can give you NRT on prescription which is cheaper than buying it in the shop.

When you quit (not 'giving up', coz your not giving anything up, you are gaining lots of things like money, health, self-confidence) keep a list of reasons to quit along with a list of all the diseases, health problems it causes, amount you spend a year.. Nicotine pangs only last for about 2 minutes so by the time you read it, should have passed. Repeat for a month or so and every day it will get easier.

I see smoking for what it is now, it gives you nothing and takes a lot. The worlds greatest con - I get an image of those fuckers who manufacture them cheering every time a 13 year old starts smoking and joins in the con. Epic swindle indeed.

Good luck, once you stopped you won't regret it.

You fucking fanny. You'll be going all vegetarian next.

Meat and booze will never be off the Noos menu.

The thing with the smokes though, is that whichever way you look at it, it's just fucking cool to smoke, and a bit gay not to. Not smoking just doesn't feel right. Ok, so I might stretch out my pissy-pant years a bit longer, and be able to run longer distances should I ever feel the need and there's no taxi available, but is it worth it to spend the rest of my years feeling like the sort of socially inadequate spineless do-goody homo that is the non-smoker?

Also, my clothes carry the awful aroma of Ariel non-bio for days now instead of the manly stench of stale cigs.

I don't feel the many benefits of smoking have been adequately marketed. I blame the fucking Libdems.

I tried quitting with nicotine gum but I found it made me feel sick when I used it when drinking.

I've been off the cigs (20ish a day for 3 years) for near 5 months now from cold turkey and feeling good.

I'd recommend going to the doctors - they can give you champix or zyban which I know have worked for a few people - or they can give you NRT on prescription which is cheaper than buying it in the shop.

When you quit (not 'giving up', coz your not giving anything up, you are gaining lots of things like money, health, self-confidence) keep a list of reasons to quit along with a list of all the diseases, health problems it causes, amount you spend a year.. Nicotine pangs only last for about 2 minutes so by the time you read it, should have passed. Repeat for a month or so and every day it will get easier.

I see smoking for what it is now, it gives you nothing and takes a lot. The worlds greatest con - I get an image of those fuckers who manufacture them cheering every time a 13 year old starts smoking and joins in the con. Epic swindle indeed.

Good luck, once you stopped you won't regret it.

listen to the man

I can go for over a week without a fag with no problem. I can even have a few beers in the house and not want a fag, but as soon as I go to the pub and other people are 'going for a smoke' I simply have to go and have a fag.

apparently nicotine is out of your system in 3 days, so I can't be addicted. I don't get it!