You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

9 hours ago, M_B said:

I enjoyed it but it was obvious it wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. I think the success it is enjoying is because there aren't that many great films around.

If you don't like super heroes(some of us dont) then its either those brilliant animated cartoons made for kids or stick to tv series. That said,the foreign language films tend to throw up a few gems if you do some research.

• Upvote 1

The Way, Way Back - boss little coming of age film with a cracking cast. 8/10

Phantom Thread - beautiful looking film about obsession/perfection with an incredible score by Johnny Greenwood. 9/10. 

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

The end of St maud is heavy 

Yes, I liked the portrayal of seeing her world through her eyes. Then suddenly seeing it as it really was. Similar to The Father.

The Batman - Quite incredibly dark and quite incredibly long. It's never going to live up to the Nolan trilogy but it was good enough. Definitely the most "detective Batman" Batman movie. 7.5/10

Blade Runner (in 4K) - Quite incredible, i've seen it about 25 times anyway but in 4K it's simply jaw dropping, even more so for a 40 year old film. 10/10  

The Batman - No spoilers but thoroughly enjoyed this. Liked that they used a Seven/horror inflected tone for the atmosphere around Gotham and for Batman himself. Liked the approach of Batman doing the detective stuff and it being mostly him on the screen rather than Bruce Wayne. Was probably too long and the ending set-piece could probably have been left out but Pattison, Farrell and Kravitz were all terrific. Not the best Batman movie but a really good one. 8 out of 10.

Batman 7.2/10

Massive Batman fan and I always over think during the film. Seemed long and slow but never dragged and I enjoyed the darkness of it. Impressed by all the main characters and the guy playi g the riddler was really good. End sent piece was a bit of a let down for me. 

Need to watch it again, can't remember much from the middle of the film, which is either a really good but bad sign. 

52 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Batman 7.2/10

Massive Batman fan and I always over think during the film. Seemed long and slow but never dragged and I enjoyed the darkness of it. Impressed by all the main characters and the guy playi g the riddler was really good. End sent piece was a bit of a let down for me. 

Need to watch it again, can't remember much from the middle of the film, which is either a really good but bad sign. 

.2 of a mark? What is that all about?

"Blinded by the light" on BBC4 last week, I loved it. Obviously I'm biased being a big Springsteen fan and exactly the same age as the main guy. I also spent a couple of weeks in Luton in 1980 at a family wedding and heard the P word for the first time. As I came from a very sheltered rural Ireland area, it was scary to see some of the racism, especially from my cousins family.

The 80s were a bit shit and Thatcher was to blame for so much.

• Upvote 2

The Desperate Hour 

Naomi Watts plays a mum who is out for a run when she finds out there is an active shooter in her sons school......

Poorly executed to be honest (pardon the pun) but the area it's filmed in is lovely. 3/10 

On 17/03/2022 at 14:55, johnsusername said:

The Devil All The Time - 9/10.

A brilliant film looking at the lives of a variety of folk in small town American after WW2. It sticks really closely to the book - so much so it's actually narrated by the author himself. 

MV5BZmE1NmVmN2EtMjZmZC00YzAyLWE4MWEtYjY5YmExMjUxODU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Looks decent that 

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Going out to watch Uncharted now. 

*sigh*

Shite. Standard generic action fare. Pretty obvious in the first half hour that they’d be setting it up for a sequel. 

It was made a bit better by the notifications on my watch letting me know that all the teams on my f**ty acca won. 

• Like 1