You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Emlyn

Will we finish fourth?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish fourth?

Obviously another title "ahem" challenge has come to another sorry end. I've been of the opinion for a few weeks now that we've got a massive dust up on our hands for fourth spot. Just doing this to gauge opinion in the here and now to be honest, so do you think we will do it, and if not who do you think will.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's by no means a given. The clubs sharing 39 points with us all have better momentum and managers under no pressure whatsoever. However, I do think we should have just that little bit more - for the remainder of this season. Without significant changes - both on and off the pitch - I'd be worried about that being the case next time around, though.

I voted yes but a lot will depend on outside influences and how much support Rafa gets from the club.

If you remember the 2002-2003 season when Houllier lost it and the players wouldnt play for him the club acted in a full show of support for the manager and it was made clear to the players that the manager was staying and the only people that were leaving were players who didnt perform and we nearly qualified for the CL. Also there wasnt talk of other managers comming to replace Houllier not until the following season at least.

My fear is if these stories continue and the club dont publicly support the manager then he may lose the dressing room completely and we might finish 7th its a close call but I think we'll just scrape 4th

No.

Confidence is on the floor, we`ve forgotten how to win and we`ve got a lame duck manager who can no longer motivate the players and still refuses to consistently pick his strongest team on a regular basis.

I think the Blueshite will get 4th. They`re full of confidence, they believe in the Manager, Torres apart they have a lot more quality in attack and more importantly they`re winning games regularly which has built their momentum.

Things can`t go on as they are.

Am confident we have enough as a team and as supporters to help us finish fourth.

*shakes head*

Out of the 4 clubs who are going for it, I'd say the one thing we don't have in comparison to the other is a "team".

With one or two exceptions I could easily rattle off the starting 11 of City, Villa and the Blues. Can't do that with ours.

And in terms of quality of individuals I don't think we're that much better off either.

People have been looking above at the top 3 for too long but since about October we should have been concentrating on the 3 below us.

Out of the 4 clubs who are going for it, I'd say the one thing we don't have in comparison to the other is a "team".

With one or two exceptions I could easily rattle off the starting 11 of City, Villa and the Blues. Can't do that with ours.

And in terms of quality of individuals I don't think we're that much better off either.

People have been looking above at the top 3 for too long but since about October we should have been concentrating on the 3 below us.

Fair play, all about opinion and I certainly see your point but I think we traditionally perform better 2nd half of the season, after the now stereotypical mid winter blip and am "confident" we will do it.

I am.

Agree to an extent

A combined team and you'd probably select

Reina

Agger (when fit)

Carra

Mascher

Gerrard

Torres

but that doesnt take into consideration that there actually teams playing for each other and its a team game and thats why chelsea one it two years on the trot because they were the best team, not the necessarilly the best players but defo the best team

My team to get us 4th

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Agger

Arbeloa

Gerrard

Alonso

Mascher

Kewell

Babel

Torres

That gets the best 11 players at the club into the team IMO and should be far too good for rest of the league bar the top 2

If we played with Gerrard on the right we'd be looking at a lot better than 4th.

He's only played there once this season - which funnily enough was one of our best performances of the year (Albeit against a very poor side).

I think Rafa knows that's his best position but he's too scared to risk upsetting him.

If we played with Gerrard on the right we'd be looking at a lot better than 4th.

He's only played there once this season - which funnily enough was one of our best performances of the year (Albeit against a very poor side).

I think Rafa knows that's his best position but he's too scared to risk upsetting him.

The thing with those players is you can either play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or even 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard just behind Torres but for me they are the best 11 players at the club and would be good enough to challenge for the league