You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks ready to sell (according to Ice T)

Guest Kenny

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard not to be seduced by the ££ mate. The thing with DIC is they are owned by one of the richest men in the world and a few hundred million is fuck all to them.

Would they need to borrow the £400 million from a bank to pay for the stadium.

Its academic now anyways as that ship has sailed.

I fully expect if Hicks is to sell that it would be another American businessman who comes on board with Gillett.

If you have 400 you have two options. Pay for a stadium in full , that is 400 and get a return of say 15%. That gives you 460. You have now made 60.

option nr 2: You have 400. You borrow another 400 from a bank and pay 5% interest. That is 20 in interest. The return on the stadium is 60. You will now have made 60-20= 40.

BUT since you now borrowed 400 in the bank to finance the stadium you know have 400 to spare. You now invest 400 in another venture which yields lets say 12%. You now make 48 on that as well.

In sum you have made 48+40=88.

This was a simplification Coop, but do you now understand why gearing your investment with loans will make sense financially? 88-60= 28. That is what you make extra. You are taking more risk by having a loan, but still my point is that DIC might well have done the same with loans as the cowboys.

If DIC had told Rafa to wait a few weeks to sort out the transfers, and he took that Press Conference attitude with them, what do you all think DIC would have done?

They're all Liverpool supporters they would have said ok here's a big bag of money go ahead and do what you want.

If you have 400 you have two options. Pay for a stadium in full , that is 400 and get a return of say 15%. That gives you 460. You have now made 60.

option nr 2: You have 400. You borrow another 400 from a bank and pay 5% interest. That is 20 in interest. The return on the stadium is 60. You will now have made 60-20= 40.

BUT since you now borrowed 400 in the bank to finance the stadium you know have 400 to spare. You now invest 400 in another venture which yields lets say 12%. You now make 48 on that as well.

In sum you have made 48+40=88.

This was a simplification Coop, but do you now understand why gearing your investment with loans will make sense financially? 88-60= 28. That is what you make extra. You are taking more risk by having a loan, but still my point is that DIC might well have done the same with loans as the cowboys.

No wonder im fucking skint all the time.

They're all Liverpool supporters they would have said ok here's a big bag of money go ahead and do what you want.

But that's not what happened, is it? Rafa wasn't asking them for any of their money, he was wanting to sell his own players, make a profit and spend a percentage of the proceeds, still leaving the club with a profit.

But that's not what happened, is it? Rafa wasn't asking them for any of their money, he was wanting to sell his own players, make of profit and spend an percentage of the proceeds, still leaving the club with a profit.

I'm highlighting the difference between our American overlords and the friendly, in it for the love of the club, legends that are DIC.

You keep hearing about all this money that Bin Rashid el Quaresma has and is willing to pour into horse/camel racing but is that under DIC or his own personal hobby?

But that's not what happened, is it? Rafa wasn't asking them for any of their money, he was wanting to sell his own players, make a profit and spend a percentage of the proceeds, still leaving the club with a profit.

I wouldn't mind that. Being given a big bag of money and buying whatever players I wanted. People might label us a rich man's play thing, so what. As long as we get someone sane in to run the club.

It is quite likely that any group of financiers at the club would have done the same though isn't it? i.e. told Rafa to cool his jets until CL knockout phase was gauranteed?

Anything he gets is now pure profit - the debts are on the club. In fact, this could have been the fucking snakey bastard's plan all along.

Probably the closest to the truth.I done quiet abit of snooping around about Hicks when they first took over,to call him a snakey bastard is a pretty understated to say about him.He's more in between son of satan and Genghis Khan type of guy imo.George on the other hand seems to be well liked.To be honest I have been expecting this and if theres any truth about the 2 owners and there little fallout around the 14th or 15th of this month then it adds more backing to the he wants out story.Just thank fuk that George put his foot down because the debt to the club would of been a couple of hundreed million more.

£1B valuation farcial but do believe Hicks wants out

Texans very proud Americans and the anti american bile that has been directed towards him may have been final straw

To those who believe Rafa has won - remember Liverpool may lose - we dont know who will buy us, how much money for players will be made available - If the Yanks pull up sticks I wont be rejoicing - Think of the money made available last summer and the new ground

Rafa and the anti american morons may believe they have won but I fear LFC may be the losers in the long run

Once again we shoot ourselves in the foot:wallbutt:

It is quite likely that any group of financiers at the club would have done the same though isn't it? i.e. told Rafa to cool his jets until CL knockout phase was gauranteed?

Why would CL knockout phase need to be guaranteed though mate when Rafa wasnt wanting to spend cash but to actually make it.

You would think they were telling Rafa he had to sell and then make a profit to cover the loss of Champs lge football not the other way around.

Rafa was wrong to say in public about them not understanding the transfer market but he is right you dont wait until 2 weeks before the start of the window to sort out deals.

£1B valuation farcial but do believe Hicks wants out

Texans very proud Americans and the anti american bile that has been directed towards him may have been final straw

To those who believe Rafa has won - remember Liverpool may lose - we dont know who will buy us, how much money for players will be made available - If the Yanks pull up sticks I wont be rejoicing - Think of the money made available last summer and the new ground

Rafa and the anti american morons may believe they have won but I fear LFC may be the losers in the long run

Once again we shoot ourselves in the foot:wallbutt:

May is a big word, that is were to possibilities come in. It could dent the wagon and Liverpool Football Club could lose out. But, we could end up being that rich, and making more money we could buy a solid gold wagon and not be dented.

Two sides of the story, you were thinking of the downside.

I'm highlighting the difference between our American overlords and the friendly, in it for the love of the club, legends that are DIC.

You keep hearing about all this money that Bin Rashid el Quaresma has and is willing to pour into horse/camel racing but is that under DIC or his own personal hobby?

:biggrin:

I have a feeling the top men in DIC (who dont like being fucked about, dont like the club considering other bids etc) would have reacted a lot worse than Tom Hicks did.

PRESS ASSOCIATION

Hicks angered by shares rumours

Liverpool have distanced themselves from claims that co-owner Tom Hicks is considering selling his stake in the club.

It is believed that in conversations earlier this week Hicks was angered by the suggestions and denied them to key figures at Anfield.

This post seems to have been missed by many but suggests that the rumours are wrong. That said given that they are now flying everywhere surely the club would be looking to put out a statement rather than just have a cosy phone chat with someone like Parry saying

"How'dee Rick. I'm not selling you know despite the stories but hell don't tell anyone"

I know you simply can't make a statement after everything is said but surely this is something that could be said.

Or perhaps he is considering his ground and he's actually reading TLW (well can you blame him) to see what the opinion is around the pace about him. Based on the thread so far he'll be donning his riding boots to Dubai right now with his swag bag to fill.