You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Torres and Babel strikeforce

Section_31

Babel is an out and out striker being played on the wing the sooner that is corrected the better player the lad will be

He is Raw and is one for next season, bought a year early to ensure we got him and we didnt have to pay £20m, which is the price he would have been at the end of this season.

Can't wait until we see these two get a run-out alongside each other, youth, skill and pace to burn.

Maybe when Kewell is back? :whistle:

Intelectual copyright stealer:yes:

Ive been saying this since the start of the season

Yesterday showed that Babel is no Winger but probably the best finisher at this football club, his finish was truly superb and i think he would have scored a hat trick if Kuyt's chances had come to him.

Its too late now but we should have sold Crouch Promoted Babel to the striking ranks in his place and bought a top class winger.

For this reason alone I expect to see Babel starting most of his games on the flank

Have read a few bits about young Ryan elsewhere, wondered if anyone on here knew anything about him having to be re-taught a few things like running properly, all sounds a bit odd but something to do with the way he was taught at the Ajax academy.

Voro and Torres for me, they love each other to bits you can see it in their faces, partners in crime those two. 4-3-3 with Babel sounds good too.

Babel is fine where he is with a starting position on the left or right but with license to cut inside

would you say Ronaldo is an orthordox winger? in reality he spends more time in and around the box making runs and hunting for goals

That's a good point actually, you only need one out-and-out winger and we've got one in Pennant.

Rafa could be trying to set things up like Wenger's first double winning team, where they had Parlour giving the width and Overmars coming inside and effectively playing as a third striker.

Babel's goal yesterday was fantastic. I'm not sure whether he's right for a central striking partnership - not yet anyway. He can look devastating cutting in, but I think occasionally the ball gets away from him a little easily - he'll be better, at least initially, getting used to the pace of the game here on the wing, where he may be given a little more time in possession.