You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transformers

chrisbonnie

I'd say that having Optimus send a call out for the other Autobots and seeing Starscream shooting off into space at the end are a bit more obvious signs that they were setting up a sequel.

Did I say they weren't eh? Eh?

No, so there.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the Ethan Haas sites are linked, JJ Abrams said those sites had nothing to do with the movie. I've been following it since hearing about it, http://www.1-18-08.com is linked to the movie and http://www.slusho.jp/index.html is as well.

I know it was setting up for the sequel, I just hate how obvious it is.

The Ethan Haas stuff looks very similarly styled and I wouldn't be surprised if Abrams is trying to throw people off by denying that they are linked. Whatever he's doing it's working, I'm excited.

I agree with Karl, it was very flawed, but I really enjoyed it. I hated the editing though. There were some bits, particularly when Barricade and Bumblebee were fighting when I just couldn't see what was happening. Also, what were the points of Bonecrusher, Starscream, and Devastator. Were they just sitting on their arses filing their nails for the whole first half of the film? They just roll up and get fucked up at the end without any kind of development at all, which is disappointing considering that Starscream is one of the major characters in the original storylines. Also, now that they've killed off Megatron, they've fucked the franchise. I can't think of a plausible way that they could bring him back and since he gets made into Galvatron, they've fucked that storyline up as well.

Bay is to film making what AIDS is to gays.

Exactly. Like dumping him in the fucking ocean is gonna work!

I thought that was actually explained pretty well. They can hardly put him in the freezer again, as that's just asking for trouble, so they put him somewhere where the pressure and temperature should destroy him.

Not sure why they send him down whole though!

***spoiler***

I loved the film despite its many flaws - for one, why didnt prime suggest trying to stick the cube in megatrons chest and why did megatron if he is a really badass robot allow his only weakpoint to be exposed to a kid. But these are questions you wouldnt ask if you were watching a cartoon - you can read too much into films made for adults but this isnt.

That main guy is a pretty decent actor as well. Hes in the new indiana jones flick.

What I want to know is what happened to Barricade. After Frenzy found the Allspark and called all the Decepticons in, Barricade said that he was on his way, but he never actually turned up in the final battle scene.

I said that to the missus on the way out. He was there on the motorway before Prime goes into decapitation mode but then you don't see him again. I bet half the people who watch it won't even notice, which is a pretty damning indictment of the level of interest in each transmormer that is generated by the story.

I was hoping Spielberg would have a word too but doubt if Bay would even listen to him.

Still it was an awesome action spectacle, with a great line in humour despite the narrative failings. Better than I expected.

Bearing in mind that it came from the man who inflicted epilepsy triggering movies such as Pearl Harbour, The Island and the 2 hour 2 Minute P.Diddy promo that was Bad Boys 2 we should be grateful for small mercies.

Somebody really does need to tell Bay though that 200 mph editing and high fives in pyrotechnic sunlight stopped being cool after that Will Young video.

Really wish Brian Singer or Chris Nolan could get ahold of it.

Why would they bother?

I mean, transforming robots aren't exactly the most inspiring of topics are they? There isn't really the whole tortured recesses of the human soul to explore. Or even a cool superhero.

I said that to the missus on the way out. He was there on the motorway before Prime goes into decapitation mode but then you don't see him again. I bet half the people who watch it won't even notice, which is a pretty damning indictment of the level of interest in each transmormer that is generated by the story.

Well as Chris said earlier, there is just far too much emphasis on too many human characters. I personally didn't care about most of them and for me they could have binned off all of the soldier characters and all of the computer types and just had them as the bit parts that they were rather than just trying some half assed character development. There were at least 7 or 8 characters who were just not worth focussing on and there were some (ie: the characters that the film was actually named after!) that just didn't get the development that they needed.

I think that what it boils down to is that they just didn't develop the characters when they wrote the film, let alone actually in the film. Bay, the producers, and the script writers should all be ashamed of themselves.

I've tried to look at the film as separate from the TV series, but that just makes it fuck me off more.

Why would they bother?

I mean, transforming robots aren't exactly the most inspiring of topics are they? There isn't really the whole tortured recesses of the human soul to explore. Or even a cool superhero.

They should get a collective of TLW Transformers fans to direct it. I've already got better ideas than Bay managed to get into his film.

They should have made a film of the cartoon movie from 1986. That would have ruled hard.

Phil, you're a forumite I respect above most but HELL NO! The cartoon movie was awful - you realise it was basically Hasbro saying you have to kill off all these characters because we have new toys to bring in, right? Prime and Megatron are the two greatest Transformer characters and they should be at the centre of what goes on. Fuck Rodimus Prime and Galvatron.